VISA Information for Countries

Hi,

I got my asylum approval more than 4 month ago and i have applied for my Travel document since 3 month ago (i am waiting too). i have plan to travel to Taiwan but unfortunately i have a problem. if i want to apply for Taiwan visa with Travel document i need to green card but i have not, because i can apply more than 7 month later. I would like to know is it possible for me to apply with my old passport for Taiwan Visa and use my travel document as reentry permission? is is possible or no? because i do not want to comeback to my country and they do not accept Travel document without green card. i need to official data because i do not like to make problem for myself.

Thanks and sorry for my awful writing.
Dear Reza,
I hope you are doing well.
Could you please tell me about your experiences for traveling outside of the US with RTD? and did you apply for GC yet? if yes how long it take to receive it? Thank you very much

Hello everyone
This might be a closed thread but I learned so much from everybody and thank you guys so much for everything.
I am a little bit in a dilemma, I have an RTD and a pending GC currently but I need to travel urgently to Spain to see my sick mother. My question is does the consulate of Spain accepts to give me a visa on my RTD without a green card? just to mention I do not have any other passport expect for the RTD any help in this matter will be appreciated.
Thank You

Hello everyone
This might be a closed thread but I learned so much from everybody and thank you guys so much for everything.
I am a little bit in a dilemma, I have an RTD and a pending GC currently but I need to travel urgently to Spain to see my sick mother. My question is does the consulate of Spain accepts to give me a visa on my RTD without a green card? just to mention I do not have any other passport expect for the RTD any help in this matter will be appreciated.
Thank You

Yes, you can certainly get a Spanish visa on your RTD without GC :)

Hello everyone
Thank You
Mary I responded back to your DM with all the details

So they will issue a visa if you show the proof you can come back?
I explained to them this is what they said
''It is possible to apply for the visa with a travel document from the US. To apply for the visa your status in the US has to be still valid on the appointment day and also you must have proof from US authorities that you are allowed to return to the US while your green card is being renewed. The final confirmation about the validity of all the documentation will be confirmed at the visa application center on the appointment day.''

Your travel document is your authorisation to return to the US. Did they tell you what they want specifically?
I actually email them back stating that the whole purpose of the document. I have not received any answer yet anyhow I resend my travel document and expedite it with doctor letters, recently a new letter from hospice and also a flight ticket hopefully that will be enough.

Mexico!

I don't know if an update was made somewhere in there. Unlike in 2006 when a visa was required to visit Mexico, things changed in 2016! If you hold a GC, no visa is required to visit Mexico! So, pack your bags and visit Mexico. I was searching for the information because I have to travel to Mexico for business on a GC+RTD. The information is here: consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico

Mexico!

I don't know if an update was made somewhere in there. Unlike in 2006 when a visa was required to visit Mexico, things changed in 2016! If you hold a GC, no visa is required to visit Mexico! So, pack your bags and visit Mexico. I was searching for the information because I have to travel to Mexico for business on a GC+RTD. The information is here: consulmex.sre.gob.mx/sanfrancisco/index.php/visas-traveling-to-mexico
Hi, this has always been the case for a long time way before 2016. I have travelled to Mexico with just an RTD and later with GC and RTD both via land and air. Mexico does not need a visa as long as you have a US visa, US travel doc or a GC.

Good evening everyone!! I used to travel for years with my RTD without GC but that's finally over. I received my GC couple days ago after only 8 months. Since my passport is literally expiring in 6 months and I am going to renew it this week. As soon as I get it I am out of here. Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Europe all in two weeks! At least that’s the plan. The feeling of knowing young can go so far and don’t have to worry about GC is priceless.

Good evening everyone!! I used to travel for years with my RTD without GC but that's finally over. I received my GC couple days ago after only 8 months. Since my passport is literally expiring in 6 months and I am going to renew it this week. As soon as I get it I am out of here. Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Europe all in two weeks! At least that’s the plan. The feeling of knowing young can go so far and don’t have to worry about GC is priceless.
You can update us about your RTD process, My initial Asylee RTD took 9 months to be approved July 2017 to April 2017 EXPIRED 2018. I later I applied for the green card in July 2017 it was approved less than 3 months. I prefer Reentry Permit it removed the drama of paying so much and save time.

Last edited:
It would be great if all the people asking here would report back how it was in the end.
Since the thread is from 2006 quite a lot should have reported back.

Hi, if you traveled that with with RTD, can you please recommend which country is the easiest to travel with ONLY RTD, no GC ?
My first trip and I am so nervous
Germany? Hungary? Or other?
I wonder who asks less questions there

I will add that what Mike says is not technically allowed, but they mostly don't check, or in some cases, even when they check, they allow entry.

However, you should know that legally, you may only enter and travel to countries, even within the Schengen Area, that allow RTD holders access without a visa. So, if a French policewoman decides to detain you for not having a visa, it would be within her rights.