Visa-free travel for Green Card Holders

One questions concerning travels abroad

How can your green card get affected when you travel abroad to countries which are "enemies" to the U.S. ?

I am young person and I wanna discover the world , not only USA :)

For example, Cuba, Iran, Belarus, Ukraine, ... etc.

Is it problem to have tourist passport stamps from these countries?

How can your green card get affected when you travel abroad to countries which are "enemies" to the U.S. ?

I am young person and I wanna discover the world , not only USA :)

For example, Cuba, Iran, Belarus, Ukraine, ... etc.

Is it problem to have tourist passport stamps from these countries?

Start exploring the friendly countries first and put others in the end of your list, if you consider the time you should stay in US to keep your status active, you may become USC somewhere in the middle of your list which will be still far way from the end of the list.

Guys I have a question....
Can I enter Canada by air from any other country rather than USA using my green card?!?!?!?
Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
No visa required if the visitor holds a green card. This is independent of the visitor's citizenship or whether he/she is entering from the US or a third country.

Isn't a Canadian visa required for green card holders entering Canada from outside the US, if their passport is not from a visa-exempt country?

Hi Hello Everyone ,

This is Nicole Anderson and am new to this Forum . Yes visa is required for foreigners who have a valid U.S. green card (Permanent Resident Card, form I-551) and a valid national passport for tourism, visits, business or medical treatment for a stay up . ....
Not for visiting Canada.

I am afraid you are wrong.

This is Nicole Anderson and am new to this Forum . Yes visa is required for foreigners who have a valid U.S. green card (Permanent Resident Card, form I-551) and a valid national passport for tourism, visits, business or medical treatment for a stay up

Hi guy,
I have some question. Can green card holders travel to Gautemala? I plan to stay there for one month.

I have a question:

My friend came to the USA when she was just a child. Very little. She has been a green card holder ever since. Why the heck are they expecting a Green Card *and* a valid Passport from her home country?

There have to be tens of thousands of kids who came to the USA. She's not going to have an updated Passport from her country in Africa 26 years later .... why would she? Surely they are going to treat her as a US Resident if she has just the green card.

We are really frustrated right now because she's gone to college and worked in the USA for over 20 years .... yet she can't fly to the bahamas? LOL ....

Someone please tell me there's an exception for people who came here as children and never went back?

I have a question:

My friend came to the USA when she was just a child. Very little. She has been a green card holder ever since. Why the heck are they expecting a Green Card *and* a valid Passport from her home country?

There have to be tens of thousands of kids who came to the USA. She's not going to have an updated Passport from her country in Africa 26 years later .... why would she? Surely they are going to treat her as a US Resident if she has just the green card.

We are really frustrated right now because she's gone to college and worked in the USA for over 20 years .... yet she can't fly to the bahamas? LOL ....

Someone please tell me there's an exception for people who came here as children and never went back?

Your question has been answered in the thread you started: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?324653