Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: PD

Hi :

To my understanding, you should not re-apply LC (just my opinion, ask your lawyer) when your job description and title do not change. But your salary should not be decreased. If it increases, it should not matter. This is why you have to provide the premium salary survey (just make sure that you don't occupy american worker's job). After one year's LC processing, it is absolutely normal when you get increase. Remember that it should be ok when you take same position, same role and same job but your salary should be not lower than what you got when you first applied this job. (for your case, role has been changed from Sr. to Principle, definitely need to consult with your lawyer).

Originally posted by sultanan
Hi VaLabor_02,

Thanks for the brief explanation. I appreciated!!

Anyone calling SESA

Hey Everyone,

Anyone called SESA yet or calling soon. Please post update. Also please do ask them what dates they are processing for Non-RIR as that will also control how fast they will go with the RIR applications. If they have too many NON-RIR left for April that means it will take longer as most of the analysts are processing Non-RIR at the moment.

Va

New member...

Hi Guys,

This is one thread that has a treasure of info., for all queries regarding VA Labor Processes....
My ND is Sep 13 , still some time to go ...thanx to all for maintaining this thread...

Re: Confusion

Hi CGuy:

I-140 should match your LC. This is for sure. If your sallary increases, it is fine. LC requires that company provides salary information in order to show them that company doesn't hire foreign workers by paying lower salary so salary changes (but increase not decrease) fine. Also your title and your job description build your qualifications and you are hired based on your qualifications, and your background and your academic creditsn etc. If your job description has not changed, your title is just promotion (software engineer from lower level to higher level, in a same professional area). So it should be fine. If I were you, I would not re-apply definitely (so time-consuming) but it is just my opinion. You have to make your own decision.

Originally posted by cguy
Thanks hsteven29. I spoke to a few lawyers - some say no ned to re-apply, some say you need to re-apply. What shouid I do?

My title has changed, my salary has changed - but the job description remains the same.

CGuy

Re: Confusion

I have heard from word of mouth that people do reapply after getting a promotion. Advantage is you can add to your experience the period when you were at the junior level so more experience in your resume. Normaly you cannot add the experience of your current job. Also you will have peace of mind that there is no question of rejection as you are starting everything clean. The LC processing is going to fly once they finsih April Non RIR. I guess they will be current in another 6 months

Originally posted by cguy
Thanks hsteven29. I spoke to a few lawyers - some say no ned to re-apply, some say you need to re-apply. What shouid I do?

My title has changed, my salary has changed - but the job description remains the same.

CGuy

Last edited by a moderator:
New User

Thanks a lot everybody for maintaining this thread with upto date info.

I have been reading this thread for a while. And got tons of info.

I do have similar story like CGUY. (promotion: Sr. soft engr-> Sr. Tech engr). After reading you guys replies it looks like I don't have to re-apply for LC.

By the way my ND is Feb. 25, 2002.

Once again Thanks a lot everybody and keep it upto date...

Sent to Philly

JUst got off the phone with Richmond office! My case has been forwarded to Philly. They are processing July 25th 2001 as of today!

RD - Recieve date = Jube 22nd 2001
ND - Notice date = June 22nd 2001

Sent to Federal level in Philly - August 30th 2002

Filed RIR - EB3

How long should I expect Philly to take for approval?

Thanks all!

Sent to Philly

JUst got off the phone with Richmond office! My case has been forwarded to Philly. They are processing July 25th 2001 as of today!

Filed RIR - EB3

Thanks all!:)

Processing Date

You mean they are processing June 25th not July 25th right.

Originally posted by jonboutilier

Filed RIR - EB3

Thanks all!:)

Mine (June 20th) is processed by different office in RIchmond (only one guy is working, both for RIR and non RIR). He said there are 5 more applications(Non-RIR) before mine. He said he might get onto my case by this weekend. I assume not everything is processed according to the priority date, don't be surprised if priority date later than yours gets approved before yours. It depends on which office it has been sent to.

Also check NON-RIR dates

Whom so ever checks the date with SESA, also find out the Non-RIR dates. Mine is NON-RIR March 2002. :eek:

Just got an email from my attorney. He replied to the query raised by VA SESA and my case has now been forwarded to Phily DOL.

:)

PD May 21, 2001

Congrats

Congratulations!!!! That is great news

Anyone else have any updates New_Friend or Camin

VA

Originally posted by goodone
Just got an email from my attorney. He replied to the query raised by VA SESA and my case has now been forwarded to Phily DOL.

:)

PD May 21, 2001

Query resolved

My lawyer called up SESA and resolved the confusion with Adds .
now they said they will forward my application to Philli DOL.This was on last wednesday but dont know what is the receipt date. Any idea how i can find my receipt date of my applicaiton in Philli DOL.

Automated phone system is down now .

Re: Query resolved

Congrates New_Friend,goodone,
Looks like even with the queries we are getting positive results. Best of luck for the fedral level and future stages

Originally posted by New_friend
My lawyer called up SESA and resolved the confusion with Adds .
now they said they will forward my application to Philli DOL.This was on last wednesday but dont know what is the receipt date. Any idea how i can find my receipt date of my applicaiton in Philli DOL.

Automated phone system is down now .

Query Resolved

My lawyer responded in timeframe to VA sesa and my file is transferred to Philly DOL

Hi, Cammin and New_Friend,
Could you please kindly provide us with some info
on the query? What did SESA ask for? And how your
lawyers deal with them?
Thanks a million!

Status
Not open for further replies.