Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a new member to this forum.
My PD is July 2nd 2001 EB2-RIR applied in VA.
Called SESA yesterday and they were doing June 14 th,2001 for RIR.
Kindly add me to the list.

Thx

Last edited by a moderator:
speed of SESA

The way SESA is progressing I guess they should complete the month of June 2001 by the end of this week. According to some post they were reviewing the cases received on June 14th 2001
Lets see how it goes ?

Originally posted by sultanan
Hi all,

Everybody seems so quiet. Any update from SESA?

SESA update

Any updates. The last I heard they were doing June 18th but not sure. I think the next people in queue should call and check the status.

Lc_va and prasad kumar are next in line for the PD

When did u get that status? On Friday there was a post for this thread saying that they r currenly processing June 15,2001.
If you r correct , i will call SESA on wednesday and find abt it.

update

My friend's lawyers had called today morning and got the answer that they are processing 18th June. That means that they will be processing 21st pretty soon.

Good Luck Lc_va

I don't have enough information (my case number and employer phone #) to call SESA. For some reason my lawyer also don't give enough information. I will try to give a call to my lawyer next week and check it out.

ma_an,
when you call SESA, they need your FirstName, LastName, PD, Company Name,
They do not need any Phone Number or Case#(Case # helps them to check status very fast, but you can ask based on name and company name

PD

MD = Mailing Date (Date you mailed the application)
RD = Receive Date (Date SESA received your application)
ND = Notice Date (Date SESA entered your application in there system)
AD = Aproval Date (Date the Case was approved)

PD = Processing Date (This is the date that SESA is currently processing)

If PD = ND then it means that SESA is possibly processing your application. Hence you should hear from them soon regarding your application. i.e either the applications gets approved and sent to DOL or your attorney will get a NOF/RFE (Notice of finding) in which case he will have to supplement the application with more information (like putting one more add in the news papers or internal advertisement of the position or Wage justification) where they feel the application is lacking.

To cguy

If your job description has changed then you do have to apply for LC again but if your job description has not changed then I would not bother re-applying but do confirm with your lawyers. You can go ahead and finish your processing but if INS reviews your case then you may have some trouble. Also when you file for I-140 at that time you have to give your W-2 forms for past 3 years and then if your salary comes out more than what they have in your application. They may question it. But an easy justification to that is that you have gained more experience in last one year hence you have had a increase in salary. It depends on how your lawyer and company choose to handle it. Talk to both of them regarding this.

Originally posted by sultanan
Can someone please explain what is PD? Thanks

Re: PD

Thanks a lot VA_Labor.

My job description has not changed - just the designation and the salary - will I have to re-file?
If I have to re-file, does this mean that till I get my GC, I'm not suppossed to receive any promotions/salary hikes?

CGuy

Originally posted by VaLabor_02
To cguy

If your job description has changed then you do have to apply for LC again but if your job description has not changed then I would not bother re-applying but do confirm with your lawyers. You can go ahead and finish your processing but if INS reviews your case then you may have some trouble. Also when you file for I-140 at that time you have to give your W-2 forms for past 3 years and then if your salary comes out more than what they have in your application. They may question it. But an easy justification to that is that you have gained more experience in last one year hence you have had a increase in salary. It depends on how your lawyer and company choose to handle it. Talk to both of them regarding this.

[/B]

GC is for future job

Hi,
GC is for a future job. There is no relation between working on H1 and GC. Things like salary and job description do matter when you start using your GC for working in same company or in a different company (using portability law). Also as long salary in not decreasing you are fine (applies only when you start working using your GC).

Again GC is for you future job.

Thanks a lot VA_Labor.

My job description has not changed - just the designation and the salary - will I have to re-file?
If I have to re-file, does this mean that till I get my GC, I'm not suppossed to receive any promotions/salary hikes?

CGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.