Virginia SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,

I am new to this forum. My priority date is June 5th 2001. I called Richmond office and they told me that my case has been sent to Philadelphia. I asked the person whether this means that my State level labor has been approved and it has been sent to Philly for federal level? He told me that they only review the cases in Richmond and if everything looks okay, they send it to Philly.

Now my question is: Does this mean my state level has been approved? Or is transferring the case to Philly a part of state level labor?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

mb12345................

There are 2 stages for Labor. EDD and DOL

1. EDD is where the state labor looks at the app and sees if it meets the salary range and other documents like the advertisements etc are in order and placed in appropriate news papers and that the company can pay you the salary. Companies Financial standing.

2. Federal Labor (DOL) where the federal departments reviews these things agin and matched them against the present market to make sure that everything is good.

your stage 1 is cleared and now you have to clear stage 2 before you will get the labor approval document from DOL. You will have to track your case from Philly DOL now. They are taking about 60 days to approve an application.

Good Luck.

PS : I would recommend that you get ready to file your I-140 and I-485 as well as that takes a couple of months to get the papers together. Once they are in order then you will only need to atach the Labor to the applications and send them to INS.

Originally posted by mb12345
Hi folks,

I am new to this forum. My priority date is June 5th 2001. I called Richmond office and they told me that my case has been sent to Philadelphia. I asked the person whether this means that my State level labor has been approved and it has been sent to Philly for federal level? He told me that they only review the cases in Richmond and if everything looks okay, they send it to Philly.

Now my question is: Does this mean my state level has been approved? Or is transferring the case to Philly a part of state level labor?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Has SESA hired more Analysts

It used to take them atleast a month to clear a few days in April for RIR how come the NON-RIR is moving so fast even though they have to do all the processing for these applications. Like putting an add etc together and advertizing the position.

They have finished 16 days of April in 1 1/2 month. And yet keeping a good pace with the RIR applications. Just keeping our fingers crossed that they will finish the NON-RIR for April very soon and we will see even faster processing times for RIR at SESA.

CONGRATS to everyone who recently cleared SESA. Keep us posted of your status at DOL

Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for speedy processing.

:)

Valabor_02

Updated list

Lakshminatan May 7, 2001 Monday 7/25/2002 Thursday
Lance May 11, 2001 Friday ????
Dependent May 16, 2001 Wednesday 8/5/2002 Tuesday
Camin May 17, 2001 Thursday (RFE 8/5/2002)
hsteven29 May 18, 2001 Friday 6/26/2002 Wednesday
lawyer May 21, 2001 Monday
goodone May 21, 2001 Monday (RFE 8/7/2002)
msreekant May 29, 2001 Wednesday ????
hmmmenf May 31, 2001 Thursday 08/14/02 Wednesday
Xiaobaob June 1, 2001 Friday ????
Sterling June 4, 2001 Friday ????
New_Friend June 4, 2001 Monday (RFE 8/18/2002)
ma_an June 20, 2001 Wednesday
LC_VA June 21, 2001 Thursday
jonboutilier June 22, 2001 Friday
Prasad kumar June 25, 2001 Monday
Kalse_2000 July 1, 2001 Sunday
bombay_72 July 9, 2001 Monday
LCSucks July 10, 2001 Tuesday
Giveme_valabor July 18, 2001 Wednesday
Etchonbee July 31, 2001 Tuesday
DOLDelay August 8, 2001 Wednesday
Manmadh August 10, 2001 Friday
uvwxyz September 4, 2001 Tuesday
Ishetty October 22, 2001 Monday
shsb January 7, 2002 Monday
ASG2002 January 7, 2002 Monday
harypati January, 2002
VALabor_02 February 5, 2002 Tuesday
vas12345

vvvvvvvvvvvv urgent after labor situation

I got my labor done (Eb-2 RIR) and iam in the process of applying for I-140.
It was mentioned in the labor application that the position needs Masters plus 3 years expierence before joining my current employer(its been about 1.5 years iam with my current employer).
I have 1.5 years "full time" expierence as Intern in India while pursuing my BE and
10 months "full time" as software engineer in USA (using my CPT from school) and
an other 17 months "part time" expierence as Research Assitant in the school while pursuing my Masters Degree.
All this is totalling to 3 years which is fulfilling the requirements as mentioned in the labor application.
My question is it ok to claim part time expierence from school( i do have expierence letters from the school) and also the company i worked in India as Intern While pursuing my Bachelors is no more existing , but iam in touch with a Ex-Employee, So can i get letter from him???
Will INS accept that or will it pose any problems in processing my I-140??? Is there any other documentation that i have to show for that???
Please help me with this question.
Thanks In advance.

I am sorry but this is not an answer to your reply. However, I am curious to know your PD and how long it took for you to clear your LC. I too have a similar background like your's, but I applied in EB3 category...this info will help me make some calculations. Thank you.

Applied FOR lABOR rir/eb2 in April 2001
Sent to Philly DOL JUNE 2002.
got approved auguest second week.
thanks,Please tell me ur details, u said we r in the same boat right.

HI VA_Labor

Hi VA Labor,
Can you tell me what's the number of applications (apprx) in VA from June 2001 to August 2002 in both RIR and Non RIR . Based on these numbers i need to take action wwhether to file my LC in VA or not.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Pal

Well - not exactly in the same boat. I have not claimed any experience in India like you did. But I did claim the CPT exp. and also my Master's degree from US. Also, I applied for LCA in Aug 2001, while I was on my OPT so there was not much to claim for as far as the number of years of experience goes. Finally, I applied in EB3 for the sake of avoiding too many queries, all though my lawyer left the decision on me to make a choice for EB2 or EB3.

New LC required

I would say you will have to apply for new lC if your title has been changed. If only the salary is raised and everything else remains same including your title then you dont have to.
Also since you got promoted and if somebody is reporting you then also you will have to resubmit the LC because I remember in a form where they ask how many persons report to the associate whose lc is being filed...

Re: HI VA_Labor

Pal8....

I do not have the numbers for that. I think you would be best of asking the SESA this questions.

Though SESA is still doing April Non-RIR
and June end RIR.

Some rough numbers for RIR in 2001 and 2002 are
June - 400 (of which 1/2 are already done)
July - 500
Aug - 400
Sep - 200
Oct - 200
Nov - 300
Dec - 300

Jan - 300
Feb - 200

Non RIR
April - 7000 (2000-3000 done)

I think it would be safe to assume if you applied for labor now it will be atleast 10 months at SESA and then another 2-3 months at DOL.

Originally posted by Pal8
Hi VA Labor,
Can you tell me what's the number of applications (apprx) in VA from June 2001 to August 2002 in both RIR and Non RIR . Based on these numbers i need to take action wwhether to file my LC in VA or not.
Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Pal

My Lawyer is on vacation till next monday ...will let you guys know when i could contact my lawyer ...

Wish you all Good Luck.

Re: Re: HI VA_Labor

Thanks a Lot Va_labor
I thought it should be much faster as there are few numbers compared to other major states. And looking at numbers we are talking about one months filing in California. But the speed as u mention looks too slow.
Thanks once again for the help. if it picks up speed then i can think of filing in Va.
Thanks
Pal.

Originally posted by VaLabor_02
Pal8....

I do not have the numbers for that. I think you would be best of asking the SESA this questions.

Though SESA is still doing April Non-RIR
and June end RIR.

Some rough numbers for RIR in 2001 and 2002 are
June - 400 (of which 1/2 are already done)
July - 500
Aug - 400
Sep - 200
Oct - 200
Nov - 300
Dec - 300

Jan - 300
Feb - 200

Non RIR
April - 7000 (2000-3000 done)

I think it would be safe to assume if you applied for labor now it will be atleast 10 months at SESA and then another 2-3 months at DOL.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. But in a short time I got a wealth of information from the messages posted here ! Thanks to all the contributers for the same.

I just called Virginia SESA. They told me that they are currently processing June 15 for RIR.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. But in a short time I got a wealth of information from the messages posted here ! Thanks to all the contributers for the same.

I just called Virginia SESA. They told me that they are currently processing June 15 for RIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.