update on 485 pending

Punjabi_Munda said:
Free100,
Same thing happened to my case. Now it has today's date. I was thinking may be yesterday they decided to send us RFIs/RFE and probably today they will mail something out :confused:

I certainly hope so too..though I do feel that this is wishful thinking..but just the thought that they are feeling our ....cases....touching em......ooooo :)

Maybe this has to do with the judge who approved the settelment of the law suit against the immigration office on 06-15-2005, but I though he won't sign it until the end of this month or 2 weeks from that date and I guess that is when it will be in effect

Whatever the situation is..it feels good to know that our casesd are once again alive and well..when we were thinking they were dead and buried...

Do you know why my status never changed since FP?

As you can see below my status never changed since FP last August should I be worried??? It still says "Pending review" does it take a year to review FPs?

Receipt Number: LIN0227xxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On July 30, 2004, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

Atleast you do have some acknowledgment regarding the FP. I was F/printed JUN 2004 but nothing was added in the case file status.

Punjabi_Munda said:
Free100,
Same thing happened to my case. Now it has today's date. I was thinking may be yesterday they decided to send us RFIs/RFE and probably today they will mail something out :confused:

Punjabi_Munda, it is so wierd. We hv waited for so long quietlyand patiently, and now on the slightest hussle bussle on the USCIS side towards our cases, we are becoming so impatient, (At least I have). I am checking onlline status like every half hour!! :D

free100 said:
Atleast you do have some acknowledgment regarding the FP. I was F/printed JUN 2004 but nothing was added in the case file status.

I don't think that does mean anything when it comes to BCIS. Do you have the stamped paper from the application support center? If so you should contact Nebraska in writing attaching copy of that paper.

Someone who works in the Atlanta office mentioned to me that they might be preparing all eligible cases to be approved once the judge signes the agreement. Since they only have a couple of months I guess they are trying to finish the prep work ahead of time.

Besu said:
I don't think that does mean anything when it comes to BCIS. Do you have the stamped paper from the application support center? If so you should contact Nebraska in writing attaching copy of that paper.

Someone who works in the Atlanta office mentioned to me that they might be preparing all eligible cases to be approved once the judge signes the agreement. Since they only have a couple of months I guess they are trying to finish the prep work ahead of time.

It makes sense, and hopefully it's true. Does the person who told you this, work in one of the USCIS centers?

free100 said:
It makes sense, and hopefully it's true. Does the person who told you this, work in one of the USCIS centers?

Yes he does. He is Immigration Officer. He does interviews and case reviews.

wantmygcnow said:
Besu, Why were you in the Atlanta Office...Was this for an interview for your asylum approval?

I wasn't in the office,I asked him on the phone. He is someone I know from back home who was a refugee himself long time ago and a naturalized citizen now working for BCIS.

wantmygcnow said:
Besu, Why were you in the Atlanta Office...Was this for an interview for your asylum approval?

Wantmygcnow,

You have a bad habbit of not paying attention and responding to the post on this forum.

I responded, to your sarcasm. Read post 38 of this thread and stop your ridicule.

MK

Some one also My look my Case

I just chaked today online and Online date updated 6/23/05
My ND is Jan-2001
FP July-2004
Thats all----Although Online status didn't change anything--but i am happy that someone from INS looked at our application.
I hope we will get some good news soon--May be this year. :)
what you guys thinking the time frame about Jan-2001 case?
Good Luck to everyone.

Someone also looked at my Case

free100 said:
The date has been changed. Meaning someone looked at the case or probably the website.

My ND is Jan-2001
FP July-2004
Thats all----Although Online status didn't change anything--but i am happy that someone from INS looked at our application.
I hope we will get some good news soon--May be this year.
Good Luck to everyone.

Mentos said:
My ND is Jan-2001
FP July-2004
I hope we will get some good news soon--May be this year.
Good Luck to everyone.

Hi everyone.

My I 485 has been update 06/23/05, but I still waiting for my FP notice.

Hey Guys,
Guess what! Remeber we were talking abt the updated cases on the USCIC website...well I recieved like 20 emails today saying that they have mailed an RFE or RFI today.