update on 485 pending

Good for us

Thanks Free100 for the ghee and shakkar.
The other thing I was thinking that if we are going to have a big wave of approvals. It is very unlikely that we would be given any unenecessary RFEs and crap. I think most of us will be asked straight forward Medicals and updated Biographic info. Looks like USCIS is as anxious to get rid of these 8000 cases as we are.
The race is on......

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey what's goin' on

Am I the last in the bunch !?!
My case status hasn't changed since Jan 2003 even though I did 2nd FP in may of 2004.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Keep your fingers crossed

Espiritis,
Please don't lose your hope just yet. I think your case will be updated only once, the time they send you email for your approval for GC tonight :D :D
You might beat us all to the punch :) With USCIS you just have to be lucky more than anything else....

Punjabi_Munda said:
Espiritis,
Please don't lose your hope just yet. I think your case will be updated only once, the time they send you email for your approval for GC tonight :D :D
You might beat us all to the punch :) With USCIS you just have to be lucky more than anything else....

I don't know man, this long wait has sucked my very soul :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is forum has become a total mania as check it every day, twice a day, and sometimes more that twice.

I know we're gettin' closer, but damn! If I could only take a nap utill the approval date :D :D :D

E

Punjabi Munda, I think you should be the moderator as every post of yours carries some hope for everyone, which is actually a good thing. All of us are in a LIMBO, and what ever good news we get from any source is a blessing, even when it turns out to be false sometimes.
We can keep on waiting and looking out for a better tomorrow as long as we have something to hold on to....

free100 said:
Punjabi Munda, I think you should be the moderator as every post of yours carries some hope for everyone, which is actually a good thing. All of us are in a LIMBO, and what ever good news we get from any source is a blessing, even when it turns out to be false sometimes.
We can keep on waiting and looking out for a better tomorrow as long as we have something to hold on to....

Well said !!!!

Thanks

Free100,
Thanks for your kind words and vote of confidence. We are all here to learn from each other. I try to do whatever I can to help out and stay away from an irrelevant arguments. I plan to do the same in future.
:p

I don't know how they are doing this...how is it possible that we only have 2 months until 09/2005 which is the end of PY and yet they are planning to give people with ND of July of 2001 within this PY and I have ND of August 2000 and haven't gotten approval through e mail or mail or anything and got my bio/FP in 04/2005....It takes at least 4 months to send the guys of 2001 thier medical then they send RFI then do bio/PF and all that in 2 months?? I really doubt that. but who knows, anything possible.

It is enough time

Ohio Asylee,
Its not 2 month till the end of this FY. USCIS have full July, August and September and not to mention few days in June. Trust me they can do it if they want to. Once asylees get RFIs/RFEs, obviously we are not going to hold them long enough. Once we send RFEs in, trust me I have seen approvals couple of weeks after USCIS receives RFEs back from applicants.
Let's enjoy the moment because it doesn't cost anything to dream. Actually, this time it just might come true for a lot of us....

The following is the whole web page of my case status. No word like " last updated".
Why? Because it has not been updated yet? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Status
Receipt Number: LIN01XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to see the Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

06-22-2005 04:55 PM EDT

free100 said:
If you login to the case Status online search and look at your portfolio. You will see a column " Last Updated" Below it, you will see the date a USCIS staff last checked your case.

sadasylee said:
The following is the whole web page of my case status. No word like " last updated".
Why? Because it has not been updated yet? Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Case Status
Receipt Number: LIN01XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On September 2, 2004, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to see the Processing Dates for Applications and Petitions, click here.

Note: Case Status is available for Applications and Petitions which were filed at USCIS Service Centers. If you filed at a USCIS Local Office, your case status may not be reviewable online but for processing times on forms filed at that Office please, click here.

If you have a question about case status information provided via this site, or if you have not received a decision or advice from the USCIS within the projected processing time frame, please contact the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375 – 5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (TTY).

06-22-2005 04:55 PM EDT
Instead of putting in your LIN# to search your case, go to your portfolio. If you havent created one , do so..

Another thought!

Guys,

I looked at the service center processing date and to my surprise, it was updated yesterday.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

Today's massive change of case status and yesterday's processing date "update" leads me to believe that we have been approved, pending notification and etc. Our applications have been with USCIS for long enough to obtain FBI and related agency(s) clearence, there shouldn't be any hurdles.

I submitted medical back in 2001, technically it is valid for 15 years, based upon my recollection, correct me if I am wrong. So, go ahead raise your glasses to yourselves , its done deal.

Wishing All, the very best,
MK

Got it. It is not updated yet. Still 09/2004.
My ND was 08/2001.

Thanks a lot, free100!

free100 said:
Instead of putting in your LIN# to search your case, go to your portfolio. If you havent created one , do so..

mkhursh said:
Guys,

I looked at the service center processing date and to my surprise, it was updated yesterday.

Today's massive change of case status and yesterday's processing date "update" leads me to believe that we have been approved, pending notification and etc. Our applications have been with USCIS for long enough to obtain FBI and related agency(s) clearence, there shouldn't be any hurdles.

I submitted medical back in 2001, technically it is valid for 15 years, based upon my recollection, correct me if I am wrong. So, go ahead raise your glasses to yourselves , its done deal.

MK

What are you talking about? The service center updates still says dec 1999...You drinking already?

mkhursh said:
Guys,

MK

What are talking about? You must have seen the status after heavy drinking.

Did you read the title of my post? if not, I'd put it down again.Another Thought. So, the message should be read accordingly. :D :D :D ;)

Salud,
MK

Mkhursh...I know we all feel great when we see any updates from USCIS but you shouldnt get your hopes up man. I mean they haven't processed late 2000 cases..or even some 1999 cases..how they can move to 2001 cases? When I got a RFI, I actually went and partied all night..but when I woke up from the hungover, I realized USCIS will always do that to us....Last year My bday was on Sep 4 and had planned to get away.and my updated status had changed on August...But they sent me my RTD on October 16th...!

There is no THING as MASS approval by USCIS..the last thing they would do is mass approvals..but rather slow approvals!...

I hope we the 2001 cases get it this year..But I doubt it.

Wantmygcnow,

Guess you too overlooked the title of my post, it read "Another thought". If you pay attention you might realize what I meant. Read my post "Impact of settelment on, I-485 Asylee LPR Backlog".

If the analysis sinks in to your mind, you'd realize where I stand in terms of any outcome, especially positive adjudication of cases in a timely manner.

Mass approvals will happen, you probably live in a twilight zone, where you can't distinguish between day and night. Read the following, it will give you little insight about "THING" MASS approvals.

http://www.visalaw.com/05apr1/12apr105.html

Last but not least, if you are going to mock my comments I'll come down on your's, word for word, phrase for phrase, smarty pants. ;)

Regards,
MK

Last edited by a moderator:
Now this is really freaking me out. Yesterday I saw 6/22/05 on the update and today it's today's date i.e : 6/23/05??? Are they(USCIS) checking the cases on daily bases now? What are they planning? What are they UPTO?? :rolleyes:

Me too

Free100,
Same thing happened to my case. Now it has today's date. I was thinking may be yesterday they decided to send us RFIs/RFE and probably today they will mail something out :confused: