• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: MARCH 2014 ~ Discussion/Predictions/Chat

so funny guys thank you all it gave good lesson to me not to share any information here in this group.. the call was not done only for cutoff.. there were some of my personal query also... ya it ended at last like half and hour... and i never said it will be 10k for asia she said there will be a good jump i said how much and for which the answer was might be 10 k too... sorry i made mistake of sharing my views in this forum... i donot gurantee any number she was also not sure then how can i be... but asian number will see good jump this time what she was trying to tell me..

C'mon! Don't be such a drama queen! OTH clearly stated that he is joking. I've spoken to KCC staff and many people have too and it seems that what you did was quite a struggle. And did you mean that your conversation lasted for "half and hour" (1.5h) or half an hour (0.5h) because that would be an achievement to talk to them for 90 minutes :)

In the end, if you think that the lady was honest and there is going to be a big jump, that is simply great news. If not...tough shit, we have no influence on cut-offs anyway. I bet we will have the numbers Friday afternoon, if not Monday the latest.

C'mon! Don't be such a drama queen! OTH clearly stated that he is joking. I've spoken to KCC staff and many people have too and it seems that what you did was quite a struggle. And did you mean that your conversation lasted for "half and hour" (1.5h) or half an hour (0.5h) because that would be an achievement to talk to them for 90 minutes :)

In the end, if you think that the lady was honest and there is going to be a big jump, that is simply great news. If not...tough shit, we have no influence on cut-offs anyway. I bet we will have the numbers Friday afternoon, if not Monday the latest.

I have a feeling it will be Friday. Just a man's intuition and a dog's nose.

so funny guys thank you all it gave good lesson to me not to share any information here in this group.. the call was not done only for cutoff.. there were some of my personal query also... ya it ended at last like half an hour... and i never said it will be 10k for asia she said there will be a good jump i said how much and for which the answer was might be 10 k too... sorry i made mistake of sharing my views in this forum... i donot gurantee any number she was also not sure then how can i be... but asian number will see good jump this time what she was trying to tell me..

Common friend..... take it easy.... your information gives us a value.........

Just called KCC. April Cuttoffs are 30 000 for Africa EU - 25400

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called KCC. April Cuttoffs are 30 000 for Africa EU - 25400

I thought maybe some perspective...
30000 for Africa is low compared to the past 3 years, only slightly low vs 2010, and higher than the three years before that.
The 5000 jump from March to April is lower than last year but higher than all the years before that (back to DV07).
In these 7 years I have the data for, only one - DV08 - was not current by FY end. FYI in DV08 CNs had reached 21500 by April. (That said there were obviously a few years earlier than that where AF was cut off at FY end, I just don't have all the data downloaded)

Anyway.... I just wanted to give some perspective before people get too depressed.

I just called - Ethiopia no longer has a separate cutoff, so it's at 30,000 like the rest of the continent. Nigeria and Egypt still have separate cutoffs but the lady declined to tell me the numbers unless I provide CNs.

I just called - Ethiopia no longer has a separate cutoff, so it's at 30,000 like the rest of the continent. Nigeria and Egypt still have separate cutoffs but the lady declined to tell me the numbers unless I provide CNs.

Good info - well done Tew. That must have a case number thing is hitting me too. I think we pushed our luck too far....