tsc-receipting times

receipt exception and dates

Hello, below are my dates:

N-400 was delivered (TSC) Sept 7, 2007 (9/9/2007)
Received Date: Sept 7, 2007
Priority Date: Sept 7, 2007
Notice (I-797C) Date: December 21, 2007

1) Is the receipt number the same as the 'Application Number' ?

If I type in the application number without the SSC and with *+9 digits the status web page does not recognize. If I try to call in a dial in this number, then the system says I don't have enough digits.

The top left box says 'Receipt with Exception', but no receipt number.

I have not received a fingerprint notice, nor an explanation for the 'missing evidence(s)'.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, below are my dates:

1) Is the receipt number the same as the 'Application Number' ?

If I type in the application number without the SSC and with *+9 digits the status web page does not recognize. If I try to call in a dial in this number, then the system says I don't have enough digits.

The top left box says 'Receipt with Exception', but no receipt number.

I have not received a fingerprint notice, nor an explanation for the 'missing evidence(s)'.

Any ideas?

Hi there -

You need to include the letters as well..so, SSC*XXXXXXXXX. Make sure you have 13 digits in all. If you are less, add zeros (0) after the asterisk (*) to come up with 13 digits. So, SSC*009XXXXXX.

Hope this helps.

My number does not still come up. The only way i can track my case is by calling the customer line. it is a little bit frustrating but thats all i can do at this point. They said the other day that my FBI background check was cleared. I think its something to be happy about.

Online tracking system is not updated/accurate anymore. If you need status, just call the Customer Service.

My number does not still come up. The only way i can track my case is by calling the customer line. it is a little bit frustrating but thats all i can do at this point. They said the other day that my FBI background check was cleared. I think its something to be happy about.
Gatedgal
My Check got chased 5 days after yours.. Still no NOA.. evry body on the forum got NOA in 10 days. I moved to new residence here before applying.. I'm thinkin.. may be the mail got return bec my mailbox was not setup rightly intially .. what happens if my mail gets return..

is there any way to find out if by NOA was mailed? can they track my application with my A#?

Hi there -

You need to include the letters as well..so, SSC*XXXXXXXXX. Make sure you have 13 digits in all. If you are less, add zeros (0) after the asterisk (*) to come up with 13 digits. So, SSC*009XXXXXX.

Hope this helps.

Thanks LolaLi, unfortunately the full text doesn't seem to be recognized either. Same result on the automated phone system.

There is another SSC number in the bottom lefthand side of the paper that begins like: SSC$XXXXXXXXX. If I replace the $ with a *, then I do get a valid number. However the receipt date reported (Nov 29) is later than the one listed on the I-797C.

Any ideas on if the I should have been using the SSC$ text from the bottom of the page?

if not, any ideas on what the next step here is? The system doesn't seem to have a record, and I'm thinking I really should have received a FP notice by now.

Gatedgal
My Check got chased 5 days after yours.. Still no NOA.. evry body on the forum got NOA in 10 days. I moved to new residence here before applying.. I'm thinkin.. may be the mail got return bec my mailbox was not setup rightly intially .. what happens if my mail gets return..

is there any way to find out if by NOA was mailed? can they track my application with my A#?

I think you should call the customer service number and ask to speak with an immigration officer and learn whats going on with your case. I have to speak with an Immigration Officer all the time because customer service reps do not know more than i do and are not able to locate my case from the SSC* number. I hope we all get our Interview Letters soon. I just cant wait to be done with all this nonsense and paperwork.

Thanks LolaLi, unfortunately the full text doesn't seem to be recognized either. Same result on the automated phone system.

There is another SSC number in the bottom lefthand side of the paper that begins like: SSC$XXXXXXXXX. If I replace the $ with a *, then I do get a valid number. However the receipt date reported (Nov 29) is later than the one listed on the I-797C.

Any ideas on if the I should have been using the SSC$ text from the bottom of the page?

if not, any ideas on what the next step here is? The system doesn't seem to have a record, and I'm thinking I really should have received a FP notice by now.

No - the SSC$ number is the receipt number associated with your payment. I think you pulled up someone else's case status when you replaced the $ with an *.

Unfortunately, it seems as though you are one of those individuals at TSC for which the online status does not work/appear. There are a few of you. In this case, call customer service and since they won't be able to pull up your account as well - they will transfer you to an Immigration Officer. Ask them to transfer you - be insistent and stress that you should have received you FP notice and are afraid it got lost.

Good luck - and please let us know how it goes.

Gatedgal, did you speak to an IO to get the FBI clearance information? I'm guessing the answer is yes, since the customer service reps are pretty useless.

Vorpal,

yes i spoke with an Immigration Officer. He said that my FBI check was done, my case has been reviewed at TSC and ready to to be transfered to my DO. I hope it wont take too long for me to get the IL then.

Vorpal,

yes i spoke with an Immigration Officer. He said that my FBI check was done, my case has been reviewed at TSC and ready to to be transfered to my DO. I hope it wont take too long for me to get the IL then.

That's exactly what I thought. I'd much rather get an answer over the phone than take a day off work to do an InfoPass. What did you tell to the service rep to get them to transfer you to an IO? I'm aware of several options, but which one worked for you?

Vorpal,

That is pretty fast - considering you just applied last month. I hope you get your IL soon, as Charlotte is known for being slow.

Friends,

Just now I received letter for FP on 02/22/08..DO..Charlotte, NC..

N400 Sent...........09/07/07
Check cashed......12/18/07
NOA received.......12/31/07
FP Notice received...02/02/08
FP Appointment.......02/22/08

Thanx...

Lolali , i think having my FP valid helped me alot and i was pretty sure that i wouldnt gonna get hit on the name check. Do you think i will get my IL soon?

Vorpal, i am calling the military line where Immigration Officers are more friendly and much more helpful. When i call the regular customer line, customer reps cant locate my file and i just ask for the IO and they have to transfer me instead of dealing with me because i am not a very nice lady when i am pissed off. and noone would want that. just be persistent and ask for the IO.

Good luck - and please let us know how it goes.

Thanks LolaLi,

It turns out that just today the mail brought my fingerprint notice!!!

So the dates now are:

FP Notice date: Jan 25, 2008
FP Appointment: Feb 21, 2008

1) I think I perhaps should call the customer center to find out why my case # isn't showing up in the phone or web system. good idea?

2) I have to go to Charlotte next week for fingerprinting my wife for a UK visa (that is a new thing now). Any ideas if it is possible to get my naturalization FP done then? Any prearrangements that need to be done?

1) I think I perhaps should call the customer center to find out why my case # isn't showing up in the phone or web system. good idea?

2) I have to go to Charlotte next week for fingerprinting my wife for a UK visa (that is a new thing now). Any ideas if it is possible to get my naturalization FP done then? Any prearrangements that need to be done?

1) The USCIS online system has not been updated for several months due to the backlog in cases, so no need for you to call customer service.

2)You can try and ask them if you can do your FP for naturalization. No previous arrangement needs to be done.

Military Line?

Vorpal, i am calling the military line where Immigration Officers are more friendly and much more helpful. When i call the regular customer line, customer reps cant locate my file and i just ask for the IO and they have to transfer me instead of dealing with me because i am not a very nice lady when i am pissed off. and noone would want that. just be persistent and ask for the IO.

Hey Gatedgal,
There is a military line? My husband is active duty and I am the spouse. Can I call the military line too for assistance? Where do I find their number? Thanks:)