TSC Distinguished Club

My laywer- parallegal said that I would get a month from the date they received the request for evidence and a Bio3. Well, lets just say she didn't know what she was talking about that was in Feb 24? well it's May 15th very close to 3 months.

No one can predict really. Using logic, you can compare all dates, you just never know. Each case is unique in every aspect, from the material submitted, the country of origin, the Officer working on the case- maybe on vacation, lazy, unhappy with the job, not like your face LOL over whelmed... I mean speculation can be a book length... You just have to hope for the very best and quickest outcome. I really bought into the 1 month thing to the point it consumed my life. I stopped living, just waiting and waiting... I couldn't help it. I am finally snapping out of it...

It is the worst thing to be waiting and knowing you won't get credit for waiting regardless of how long they take isn't that a mess??? I got approved for asylum 2003 dec, submitted application jan 2005 its clearly over a year and change, but i guess when they put a date of residency, it will be only a year not exactly a year from when u were granted asylum and waited for eligiblity to apply. In the meantime, you lose out on time for citizenship application if that is in your plans.

Ok i feel better. Venting does help lol :D

d1 asylee said:
Anybody Approve Nd 9,2003 Please Inform.

My husband and I have nd 2003. My husband got approved last week (received emails from the INS on Monday and Tuesday, and the got his card on Saturday, although it was NOT BACKDATED, so he is going to ask for a new card). I haven't received anything yet, although we submitted everything at the same time...

Has anyone had any experience of submitting applications together with the spouse and being approved at different times?
Thanks!

alysum granted: 10/02
Applied for GC: 11/03
Bio: March 11, 06.
my & hasband's LUD: March 27, 06
Hubby has GC in hand - May 13,06
my GC -???

aamirkha said:
My husband and I have nd 2003. My husband got approved last week (received emails from the INS on Monday and Tuesday, and the got his card on Saturday, although it was NOT BACKDATED, so he is going to ask for a new card). I haven't received anything yet, although we submitted everything at the same time...

Has anyone had any experience of submitting applications together with the spouse and being approved at different times?
Thanks!

alysum granted: 10/02
Applied for GC: 11/03
Bio: March 11, 06.
my & hasband's LUD: March 27, 06
Hubby has GC in hand - May 13,06
my GC -???
First of all congratulations to your husband! Second, don't worry yours will be approved soon too. I have seen many people/spouses who were approved at different times. By the way, who is the principal?

MGTgrl said:
First of all congratulations to your husband! Second, don't worry yours will be approved soon too. I have seen many people/spouses who were approved at different times. By the way, who is the principal?

MGTgrl, thank you for your response. My husband is the principal and I am the derivative, and our receipt LIN numbers are in fact about 35 cases apart. I am just sick&tired of waiting, especially since my husband got it already. It's depressing :(

aamirkha said:
MGTgrl, thank you for your response. My husband is the principal and I am the derivative, and our receipt LIN numbers are in fact about 35 cases apart. I am just sick&tired of waiting, especially since my husband got it already. It's depressing :(
I know the feeling very well! Hang in there! Good luck and keep us updated :)

I met a couple guys in real life with ND 02/2004 who haven't been approved yet, so I guess we have a few months to wait before our approvals. But... hey.... it's like nothing comparing to what most of the members of this board went through. Let's just be patient.

Going back to your own country after PR?

Hey guys, I just got my permanent residence after waiting five years as an asylee. Now I would like to go back to my country at least for a short period of time. Is that possible? or as permanent resident you are still not allowed to go to your own country? Do I need a Travel Document? Please help me out! :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
aamirkha said:
Thanks!

Yes. No need for you to worry yet.

kiev said:
Not until China becomes a superpower--LOL.

Well His Royal Highness Comrade Casaca has already informed us that China is the second most powerful country in the world. We shall all kowtow before Comrade Casaca and his Maoist fighters. :D :D

TSC is not asleep after all. Just got another update today.

Asylum granted 08/2003
ND 09/13/2004
Transferred to TSC 12/12/2005
RFI received by TSC 03/29/2006
BIO3 Done 04/13/2006
LUD 04/13, 05/19,...

I got updated again. good luck to every one.

ND 2/2005
Transferred to TSC 2/2006
RFI done: 2/14/2006
Bio 3 done: 3/30/2006
LUD: 2/24, 4/1, 4/24, 5/19

I want to ask if someone has the lud change after the green card is on hand. Also my wife case is still pending. We went to court, both of us got different case but once I got approved she was approved too in the court. We submit all documents together but her lud hasn't change since 4/1/06

Any advice??

well 5/24 will be a month since the group that got updates last 4/24. I am telling you I was REALLY hopeful we would get updates within that month period. Can we get a memorial date gift please? all of us with LUD of 4/24.

Here's to keeping faith for a possible surprise within the week? Anyone with me ?