TSC Distinguished Club

Does the Ombudsman letter mean anything?

I got a letter from the Ombudsman today dated Oct 4, 2006 (a month ago!) that they have send a formal inquiry to the USCIS and that I will hear from them in 45 days. Does it mean anything positive or I am gonna get another "sorry you are stuck in name check"?

memo said:
I got a letter from the Ombudsman today dated Oct 4, 2006 (a month ago!) that they have send a formal inquiry to the USCIS and that I will hear from them in 45 days. Does it mean anything positive or I am gonna get another "sorry you are stuck in name check"?

That the thing. I don't believe that in my case it was just a coinsedence. My case was approved and in a few days I received a response for my inquiry. Logically what an inquiry does is it brings their intention to your case and if everything is fine with it I don't see any reason why they cannot approve it. On the response that I received in the section "Types of service requested" it says "Case status - Outside Processing Time". So the officer who requested my case agreed that even I was outside the processing time and my ND is 2005. Overall I think it's a good news for you.

Problem log in in account

Anybody with same problem log-in in online account?
I had not been able to access my portafolio since yesterday ( saturday), but if check case status online i get some information on only one of my receipts number................................anyone? :confused:

Thanks

Minsk said:
That the thing. I don't believe that in my case it was just a coinsedence. My case was approved and in a few days I received a response for my inquiry. Logically what an inquiry does is it brings their intention to your case and if everything is fine with it I don't see any reason why they cannot approve it. On the response that I received in the section "Types of service requested" it says "Case status - Outside Processing Time". So the officer who requested my case agreed that even I was outside the processing time and my ND is 2005. Overall I think it's a good news for you.

Thansk Minsk and Congrats on your approval. The only thing is that I know that my case is pending name check. My senator confirmed it with the USCIS and the FBI. So, I don't really know if an inquiry to CIS would help and they will contact the FBI to see which desk my name check is sitting at or they would just say sorry you are stuck in name check. :confused:

masylee said:
Anybody with same problem log-in in online account?
I had not been able to access my portafolio since yesterday ( saturday), but if check case status online i get some information on only one of my receipts number................................anyone? :confused:

I have same problem when I try to log in I get an error message.

memo
It really depends! Say, atique rahman and myself received formal responses from this office after more than 4 months after our complaints were filed - when it no longer mattered if they responded at all. On the other hand, faysal says he got real help. You never know. :rolleyes:

Good morning morning,
more than 4 months!!!! That really sucks. the letter itself says 45 days and I already know that my name check is not back. I just hope this could initiate an inquiry to the FBI to see what happened to my name check...It is pending for more than three years.

memo
I didn't mean to discourage you: you may gat lucky, like faysal. However, if you do not try, you will never find out. As you might have notice, dealing with the INS-CIS is lottery of sorts and it never hurts to try. ;)

Minsk said:

I inquired my case 5 weeks ago but I haven't recieved any response tell now,
I tried to speak to an IO again but I was not able to,my biometrics are about to expire,I don't know what to do, any suggestions guys ?

eagle80 said:
I inquired my case 5 weeks ago but I haven't recieved any response tell now,
I tried to speak to an IO again but I was not able to,my biometrics are about to expire,I don't know what to do, any suggestions guys ?

What's your time line?

Thanks...Juxhin

juxhin said:
What's your time line?

Thanks...Juxhin

I applied on 08/2005 but there are few unusual things about my application,
I sent my application to NSC as everybody but my receipt came from TSC which is uncommon,the receipt was asking me to call 800# to schedule my biometrics.then I called and I had my bio code3 taken on october 2005.
and my case has been pending since then,no single update.
I was hoping that my application is processed before bio expires otherwise I will have to do my bio again then wait long tell name check is cleared by FBI again.

case status not found?

hi, guys last sunday I couldn't access my portafolio case online, later same day the online status for my LIN was " the status for this receipt number cannot found". Yesterday (monday) same message but not access to my portafolio online ( I know that the system was down), today tuesday I got access to my portafolio: my LIN # was vanished from it, checked the online status and still " not found", called to TSC: IO says that my case is o.k. and they have an IO working at that time in my case, no more information from them...............................?

What's going on? any guess? :confused:

masylee said:
hi, guys last sunday I couldn't access my portafolio case online, later same day the online status for my LIN was " the status for this receipt number cannot found". Yesterday (monday) same message but not access to my portafolio online ( I know that the system was down), today tuesday I got access to my portafolio: my LIN # was vanished from it, checked the online status and still " not found", called to TSC: IO says that my case is o.k. and they have an IO working at that time in my case, no more information from them...............................?

What's going on? any guess? :confused:

I think you case would be passed soon. DO you still remember what I said before. You are expected to receive your card before the end of this year. :)

eagle80 said:
I applied on 08/2005 but there are few unusual things about my application,
I sent my application to NSC as everybody but my receipt came from TSC which is uncommon,the receipt was asking me to call 800# to schedule my biometrics.then I called and I had my bio code3 taken on october 2005.
and my case has been pending since then,no single update.
I was hoping that my application is processed before bio expires otherwise I will have to do my bio again then wait long tell name check is cleared by FBI again.

How come you applied on 08/2005 and did biometrics two months later.

Whats your ND?

juxhin said:
How come you applied on 08/2005 and did biometrics two months later.

Whats your ND?

my ND is august 2005,as I mentioned before the notice I recieved asked me to call the USCIS to schedule my biometrics so I called and had my bio taken on oct 2005.
this is so weired I never heard anyone had similar notice of action,usually the notice doesn't ask you to call and schedule bio,but this what happend to me.the other strange thing is that I sent my application to NSC but the Notice came from TSC, seems like NSC didn't like my application so they forwarded it directly to TSC without touching it. :confused:

eagle80 said:
my ND is august 2005,as I mentioned before the notice I recieved asked me to call the USCIS to schedule my biometrics so I called and had my bio taken on oct 2005.
this is so weired I never heard anyone had similar notice of action,usually the notice doesn't ask you to call and schedule bio,but this what happend to me.the other strange thing is that I sent my application to NSC but the Notice came from TSC, seems like NSC didn't like my application so they forwarded it directly to TSC without touching it. :confused:

Eagle80,

Thanks for the information and good luck to you too!!

Juxhin

Hey everybody! This is my first post, but i've been lurking around for quite awhile.

I see that most of people get their first LUDs shortly after TSC gets their I-485. TSC got ours (my wife and I) 11/14/05 and since then LUD has been 11/15/05 with no changes. We had our bio appointment in february. We haven't gotten any correspondence from USCIS ever since.

Since its been almost a year, we have renewed our parole.

Any idea what could cause lack of activity on the case?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
CyberVlad said:
Hey everybody! This is my first post, but i've been lurking around for quite awhile.

I see that most of people get their first LUDs shortly after TSC gets their I-485. TSC got ours (my wife and I) 11/14/05 and since then LUD has been 11/15/05 with no changes. We had our bio appointment in february. We haven't gotten any correspondence from USCIS ever since.

Thanks in advance!

That's weird cause you should have got LUD after your BIO done. What is your ND?

CyberVlad said:

Thanks in advance!

Hello CyberVlad,

We almost have the same time frame. I sent my 485 on Nov 2005 and my ND is Dec 1 2005. I did my bio on Feb 15 and sent my medical around that time. I had an LUD the on Feb 16 (the day after bio) and then 2 weeks later (I am assuming that's when USCIS got the result from FBI. Since then I haven;t gotten any new LUDs but at least I know they got my BIO.

I think you should call and ask to make sure there is nothing weird going on.

Good luck!