TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

what does it mean?

receive email from USCIS. anyone knows what does it mean?

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On January 23, 2008 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

You can choose to receive automatic case status updates, which will be sent via email. Please click here to create an account online.

The wait continues...

Got response on my November 2007 service request today:

"...we have to perform additional review on this case... ...please, do not call, do not write, do not email, do not contact us in any other way whatsoever for at least 6 months..."

Once stuck, you're in for the long haul.

Please help

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On January 25, 2008, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

--------------------------------------------------------

I did not get any letter so far, I got only the above email today.

Now what documents I need to prepare for the interview?

do we need a lawyer to support for the interview?

guys please share your interview experience.

thanks

Question for Gurus

Hi All,

I recd. my GC in mail but my wife's 485 is yet to be approved.
Would there be any problem if I quit my GC sponsoring employer. I have worked for them for the last 11 years(a month & a few days less) of which 5 and a half years here in the US.

Thanks & regards,
Still

AP and H1B

Hi,

I have AP (Travel Document ) for another year upto end of Dec-2008.
Also, my H1B extended to 3 years (2010) with same company.

I would like to travel outside US. Can i use AP (Travel Document) instead of doing H1B stamping.

Once, If I start using AP (Travel Document) and not using EAD, what is my H1B status. I would like to stay with H1B for another 3 years. Please advise me.

Thank You,

485/2005-PERM-LC-2005
3rd EAD/AP
2nd FP on Oct -2007

Hi,

I would like to travel outside US. Can i use AP (Travel Document) instead of doing H1B stamping.

Once, If I start using AP (Travel Document) and not using EAD, what is my H1B status. I would like to stay with H1B for another 3 years. Please advise me.

Thank You,

485/2005-PERM-LC-2005
3rd EAD/AP
2nd FP on Oct -2007

If you want to be on H1B then travel on H1B, why use AP at all. It is better to do stamping and then free for next 3 years rather then renewing your AP and EAD every year.
Even if you use your AP to travel, your H1b status is intact. You can come back and work on H1B.

ap and h1b

blues22, thanks ... i will use h1b to get peace of mind, thanks

=>zoomzoom/zoomdoom

If you want to be on H1B then travel on H1B, why use AP at all. It is better to do stamping and then free for next 3 years rather then renewing your AP and EAD every year.
Even if you use your AP to travel, your H1b status is intact. You can come back and work on H1B.

I am not so sure about this.

Technically I think you MIGHT be right about the second part that if you travel on AP your H1B might still be intact. But that is probably only because nobody might check on your H1B status while they are letting you come in on AP.

The whole purpose of AP is to allow you to come into US while you don't have any other status.

Remember, if you come into US on H1B you are admitted on a status.

If you come into US on AP you are not admitted. You are on Advance Parole while waiting for your 485 to be approved.

This might be a small difference and technicality but I would check on this before using AP while on H1B status.

I am not so sure about this.

Technically I think you MIGHT be right about the second part that if you travel on AP your H1B might still be intact. But that is probably only because nobody might check on your H1B status while they are letting you come in on AP.

The whole purpose of AP is to allow you to come into US while you don't have any other status.

Remember, if you come into US on H1B you are admitted on a status.

If you come into US on AP you are not admitted. You are on Advance Parole while waiting for your 485 to be approved.

This might be a small difference and technicality but I would check on this before using AP while on H1B status.

There is a "CRONIN MEMO" that clarifies this(not exact text. But google for cronin memo ) . "Until the final rules are published, one can continue to work for the duration of H1B approval , even if paroled into USA".

And currently i am utilizing it. Entered this year using AP and continuing to work based on H1B petition.

There is a "CRONIN MEMO" that clarifies this(not exact text. But google for cronin memo ) . "Until the final rules are published, one can continue to work for the duration of H1B approval , even if paroled into USA".

And currently i am utilizing it. Entered this year using AP and continuing to work based on H1B petition.

I did not know about this memo. It explains a lot about AP and H status.

It actually says few more interesting things about this. This is the whole part of the memo that was partly quoted above:

"Until the final rule is published, an alien who was an H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant, but who was paroled pursuant to a grant of advance parole, may apply for an extension of H-1 or L-1 status, if there is a valid and approved petition. If the Service determines the alien's application for an extension of nonimmigrant status, the decision granting such an extension will have the effect of terminating the grant of parole and admitting the alien in the relevant nonimmigrant classification."

More on 'cronin memo'

From
http://www.shusterman.com/cronin51600.html ,
4. If an H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant has traveled abroad and reentered the United States via advance parole, the alien is accordingly in parole status. How does the interim rule affect that alien's employment authorization?

A Service memorandum dated August 5, 1997, stated that an "adjustment applicant's otherwise valid and unexpired nonimmigrant employment authorization ...is not terminated by his or her temporary departure from the United States, if prior to such departure the applicant obtained advance parole in accordance with 8 CFR 245.2(a)(4)(ii)." The Service intends to clarify this issue in the final rule. Until then, if the alien's H-1 or L-1 employment authorization would not have expired, had the alien not left and returned under advance parole, the Service will not consider a paroled adjustment applicant's failure to obtain a separate employment authorization document to mean that the paroled adjustment applicant engaged in unauthorized employment by working for the H-1 or L-1 employer between the date of his or her parole and the date to be specified in the final rule.

I have written about this earlier as well. Be advised that there is a new process in place that requires Consulates to verify the validity and authenticity of the I797... it is being referred to as "Additional Administrative Processing". Should you get stuck in this, which I am currently, you will get stuck outside the US and just like many other processes, there is NO guarantee when you will get back and there is no one to provide status. I am stuck since Jan. 7th.

I highly recommend that you use your AP to travel outside the US. And as far as I know use of AP does NOT automatically invalidate the H1. EAD does.

Simplify your life and remove these extra hassles. Consult your lawyer in depth.

Hi,

Thank You,

485/2005-PERM-LC-2005
3rd EAD/AP
2nd FP on Oct -2007

Finally, all my past approved application have an LUD but not I-485.
Yesterday they touched, for some unknown reason, my 2006 approved AP.

I guess most of you would have had this experience.

NightRaider

felt bad to see you here still
did you sent mails to First Lady/Senators?
please do so
i know your pain man
i started my processing in 2001 and got in nov 07
hang on there

Below are my details. I have been waiting for too long. I was cool :cool: for a long time. Lately I am getting restless with the wait. I guess many people turn to this forum when they get edgy. Thanks for listening...

--
EB2 (India)
PD: 03/2000
RD: 05/2004
FP1: 09/2004
FP2: 11/2005
FP3: 01/2008
Still stuck in NC as of 01/2008 :(

Can anybody tell me what this is

Hi All,

I received my GC but today there was an LUD on my approved 485. The message changed to DOC mailed to applicant. on the 30th. There is an LUD today on my I140 approved in May 2006.

Can anybody help me to understand what to expect.

Wife, derivative, is yet to get approved.

Ok I got 2 emails the first one said post office returned the..........................
and the second one said document mailed...........

I have ack from USCIS about my addr change. What really happens may be there is a different dept for sending the card and their database does not ever get updated with the latest address. Kinda typical of USCIS. Plan to call up USCIS using POJ technique to resolve the issue. I just hope they did not cancel my GC and I will only come to know about it when I land up at an airport and try to come in to the US. That would be nasty.

Thanks and regards,
Still

Last edited by a moderator:
what stage,USCIS assign the visa number to the I-485 candidate?

At what stage, USCIS assign the visa number to the I-485 candidate? I didnot call service centre, it might be the case, since now name check is past 180 days due, therefore, my GC should be on its way assuming visa was assigned much earlier then it was available.. Otherwise, It will take for ever to get EB2 category to be July 2002...

GC Mania,

I am also in the same boat as yours.. EB2 category, July 2002... Name check pending since last almost 20 months.

Rks2007
EB2/India/July 2002
I-485 May 2006.
EAD/AP: applied third time..