TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

At what stage, USCIS assign the visa number to the I-485 candidate? I didnot call service centre, it might be the case, since now name check is past 180 days due, therefore, my GC should be on its way assuming visa was assigned much earlier then it was available.. Otherwise, It will take for ever to get EB2 category to be July 2002...

GC Mania,

I am also in the same boat as yours.. EB2 category, July 2002... Name check pending since last almost 20 months.

Rks2007
EB2/India/July 2002
I-485 May 2006.
EAD/AP: applied third time..
GC Mani,
According to my lawyer VISA numbers are assigned to a case only when they are ready to be adjudicated.

Vivek
LC State: CA
LC Category: EB2
LC PD: Feb 1999
LC SUB: Yes

I-140 FD: 05/17/06
I-140 RD: 05/22/06
I-140 LUD: 07/17/06
I-140 Receipt #: SRC-06-181-5XXXX
I-140 AD: 07/17/06

I-485 RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06,08/09/06,08/10/06,11/03/06, 06/14/07,06/15/07,01/16/2008 - Pending Security Clearence
I-765(EAD) RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06, AD 08/19/06 , LUD 08/23/06 , AP Extention EAD - 06/13/07
I-131(AP) RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06, AD 08/22/06 , LUD 08/23/06, AP Extention EAD - 06/19/07

FingerPrint Code 3 ND 7/27/06, FP Done 08/09/06

Name Check initiated 07/29/06

Spouse
I-485 RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06,08/09/06,08/10/06,11/03/06,01/16/2008
I-765(EAD) RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06 AD 08/08/06 , LUD 08/09/06 ,AP Extention EAD - 06/13/07
I-131 (AP) RD: 07/19/06 , LUD 07/22/06 AD 07/31/06 , LUD 08/07/06 ,AP Extention AP - 06/13/07

FingerPrint Code 3 ND 7/27/06, FP Done 08/09/06

I have seen the memo, but.....

I have seen that memo. However, it was not the original directly from USCIS, but a faxed copy. So, I'm not sure whether it was credible information or not. If we could find that original PDF version of the memo from the USCIS website, that would be a really great news (especially for people like me who are stuck over an year).

I also have seen the article about this on today's local newspaper. However, I also do not trust the local newspaper 100%. So, we will need to do some more research on this memo. Let's hope this to be true.

I have seen that memo. However, it was not the original directly from USCIS, but a faxed copy. So, I'm not sure whether it was credible information or not. If we could find that original PDF version of the memo from the USCIS website, that would be a really great news (especially for people like me who are stuck over an year).

I also have seen the article about this on today's local newspaper. However, I also do not trust the local newspaper 100%. So, we will need to do some more research on this memo. Let's hope this to be true.

there is a copy in ilw.com web site with a note:
USCIS Revises Name Check Policy

USCIS previously required that the FBI name check clearance be obtained before any immigration benefits applications were approved, regardless of the length of time required for the FBI name check approval. USCIS issued a revised FBI name check policy,

"Where the application is otherwise approvablc and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the 1-485,1-601,1-687, or 1-698 and proceed with card issuance. The FBI has committed to providing FBI name check results within this timeframe."

Source:
http://www.ilw.com/search/documentF...+59+5a+5b+7e+7f+80+&hc=870&req=FBI+Name+Check

approval details

Hi everyone,
My PD is Oct 20th 2001. My I-485 got approved Oct 20th 2007 (happy 6th aniversary..) and my wife's just got approved yesterday.

EB3 - Rest of the World

Good luck to all of you

That's the one I saw.....

But, the tricky part about that memo is that it is the scanned PDF from some paper. Usually, when a USCIS memo comes out, it comes with a generated PDF file with every straightforward. Also, it usually has the published date printed (not stamped) on the memo. However, this one does not have that and that makes me suspicious.

Anyway, I really hope this to be true, too. I'm so fed up with this long waiting......

there is a copy in ilw.com web site with a note:
USCIS Revises Name Check Policy

USCIS previously required that the FBI name check clearance be obtained before any immigration benefits applications were approved, regardless of the length of time required for the FBI name check approval. USCIS issued a revised FBI name check policy,

"Where the application is otherwise approvablc and the FBI name check request has been pending for more than 180 days, the adjudicator shall approve the 1-485,1-601,1-687, or 1-698 and proceed with card issuance. The FBI has committed to providing FBI name check results within this timeframe."

Source:
http://www.ilw.com/search/documentF...+59+5a+5b+7e+7f+80+&hc=870&req=FBI+Name+Check

But, the tricky part about that memo is that it is the scanned PDF from some paper. Usually, when a USCIS memo comes out, it comes with a generated PDF file with every straightforward. Also, it usually has the published date printed (not stamped) on the memo. However, this one does not have that and that makes me suspicious.

Anyway, I really hope this to be true, too. I'm so fed up with this long waiting......

I hear you, and I totally understand where you are coming from. I remember ilw.com, unintentially, posted wrong info before. I do wish this is not a joke of anytype and I hope it is going to be inforced soon. keep your fingures crossed

PD: Jun 2002 RAW EB3
I485 RD Nov 2006, pre-adjucated (per infopath), stuck in name check

I hear you, and I totally understand where you are coming from. I remember ilw.com, unintentially, posted wrong info before. I do wish this is not a joke of anytype and I hope it is going to be inforced soon. keep your fingures crossed

PD: Jun 2002 RAW EB3
I485 RD Nov 2006, pre-adjucated (per infopath), stuck in name check

I saw a copy of this memo from a top immigration corporate law firm. They are confirming the memo is correct. If it goes into effect, this will be the biggest news in immigration circles in years!!!

Memo is authentic!!

This memo in the form of a scanned pdf file attached with a lawsuit documents is authentic. According to www.bibdaily.com, http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Mocanu Aytes.pdf
"In an Aytes memo dated Feb. 4, 2008 USCIS outlines revised FBI name check procedures for adjustment of status (but not naturalization) cases. The memo was filed as part of the Administrative Record in a pending lawsuit, Mocanu et al. v. Mueller et al., E.D. Penn. "
The reason it is not a separate pdf is that it was not issued a regular memo but in a response to lawsuits being filed all across the country in regards to delays in I485 and Natz. applications due to NC delay.

I called Nebraska Service Center yesterday and the immigration officer herself told me that they have received the memo and are in the process of gathering cases having NC pending longer than 180 days and then process them in FIFO (First In First Out) based on priority dates etc.

I also checked at InfoPass in Boston and they have received it too. Guys you can check your respective local offices if you need to confirm. Take a copy with you so they know what you talking about.

So it is for REAL....rejoice for once now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, it appears authentic.....

It's definitely a good news, then. I hope to hear a good news for myself in a moment(I think I deserve it). Anyone who actually got an approval after this news? How come we don't see any approval after the news?

This memo in the form of a scanned pdf file attached with a lawsuit documents is authentic. According to www.bibdaily.com, http://www.bibdaily.com/pdfs/Mocanu Aytes.pdf
"In an Aytes memo dated Feb. 4, 2008 USCIS outlines revised FBI name check procedures for adjustment of status (but not naturalization) cases. The memo was filed as part of the Administrative Record in a pending lawsuit, Mocanu et al. v. Mueller et al., E.D. Penn. "
The reason it is not a separate pdf is that it was not issued a regular memo but in a response to lawsuits being filed all across the country in regards to delays in I485 and Natz. applications due to NC delay.

I called Nebraska Service Center yesterday and the immigration officer herself told me that they have received the memo and are in the process of gathering cases having NC pending longer than 180 days and then process them in FIFO (First In First Out) based on priority dates etc.

I also checked at InfoPass in Boston and they have received it too. Guys you can check your respective local offices if you need to confirm. Take a copy with you so they know what you talking about.

So it is for REAL....rejoice for once now!!

Shouldn't we get a FP renewal notice, then?

This just popped onto my mind. I remember seeing posts mentioning that when an applicant of I-485 is ready to be adjudicated (including NC), USCIS used to mail the applicant for the renewal FP notice (when the applicant's previous FP was too old).

Does anyone know how long the FP is valid for? It is confusing to me now.

This just popped onto my mind. I remember seeing posts mentioning that when an applicant of I-485 is ready to be adjudicated (including NC), USCIS used to mail the applicant for the renewal FP notice (when the applicant's previous FP was too old).

Does anyone know how long the FP is valid for? It is confusing to me now.

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months.

In my case for example, since my fingerprints are older than 15 months, I am hoping to receive a fingerprint notice as a result of the recent namecheck memo. That would be the first sign in my case that things are moving as a result of the new memo (I have been stuck in namecheck for exactly 2 years).

Last edited by a moderator:
It also applies to me, then.

As you can see from my signature, mine is also over 15 months. So, I also should be getting the renewal FP notice if my application is to be adjudicated. Why don't we track those 'renewal FP notices' from now on. If we see them, then it should be something coming....!

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months.

In my case for example, since my fingerprints are older than 15 months, I am hoping to receive a fingerprint notice as a result of the recent namecheck memo. That would be the first sign in my case that things are moving as a result of the new memo (I have been stuck in namecheck for exactly 2 years).

As you can see from my signature, mine is also over 15 months. So, I also should be getting the renewal FP notice if my application is to be adjudicated. Why don't we track those 'renewal FP notices' from now on. If we see them, then it should be something coming....!

My application is back in Jan 2006 too, I did another set of finger prints for my EAD and I was told that it is ok for I485 too. However mywife have not done any more finger prints than initial one back in 23 motnhs ago. On Feb/8 we got an email for her I485 case that they send a document blah blah, I guess this would be a finger print for her.

Any updates on NC stuck cases

Hi all! I was wondering if people stuck in NC have had any updates after the new USCIS memo came out??

I called TSC this morning but since there were no available reps, the call was transferred to the main USCIS center. After taking down all my info, I asked the customer service rep regarding the memo. He was very aware of that and said that my case met all the criteria as far as being stuck in name check for 6+ months, EB-1 India being current etc for being adjudicated as per the memo. He also mentioned that I should hear something positive (either approval or interview notice) by March 10. Like everything else with USCIS, I'll take this with a pinch of salt!! BTW, someone on immigrationvoice also posted a similar experience with NSC and was told to wait till March 10.

I would suggest others with approvable cases which are pending name checks for 6+ months to also call up TSC/USCIS and get updates or service requests and share your experiences here. No harm in reminding them that you have a case which can be approved according to the new memo.

Thanks!

Got it

I have been stuck in name check since June 2006. This evening I got the following email:

-------

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

-------

I hope to see you all on the N-400 forum in about 5 years time.

Patek out.

Thats a good news..

That's a good news for you. Please share with us as soon as you hear something about your case.
I also read somewhere that uscis got the orders to clear all ELIGIBLE cases before March 30, 2008. Now this eligible means your date is current according to visa bulletin and your notice date is after the current processing date for your service center.

Hi all! I was wondering if people stuck in NC have had any updates after the new USCIS memo came out??

I called TSC this morning but since there were no available reps, the call was transferred to the main USCIS center. After taking down all my info, I asked the customer service rep regarding the memo. He was very aware of that and said that my case met all the criteria as far as being stuck in name check for 6+ months, EB-1 India being current etc for being adjudicated as per the memo. He also mentioned that I should hear something positive (either approval or interview notice) by March 10. Like everything else with USCIS, I'll take this with a pinch of salt!! BTW, someone on immigrationvoice also posted a similar experience with NSC and was told to wait till March 10.

Thanks!

I have been stuck in name check since June 2006. This evening I got the following email:

-------

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

-------

I hope to see you all on the N-400 forum in about 5 years time.

Patek out.

Congrats Patek! One question, did you have to re-do you fingerprints in the last 15 months?