TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Seeking advice on EAD renewal & Travelling

Still waiting for OCt 3rd RFP.........................It seems I have to renew EAD

How many days before can EAD renewal be applied before expiration date?

I have my 485 pending. Will there be any problem in travelling out of the country on advance payroll?

PD - Feb2002

Hi guys,
I got 3 LUD’s (12/6,10,11) on my 485 without message change, can anyone tell me if that means anything?
salema
I had 3 LUDs last week without message change. I guess that's in response to a SR, these have no meaning at all

Re: Seeking advice on EAD renewal & Travelling

EAD renewal may be applied upto 6 months before the date of expiration. Better to use the complete window and apply as soon as one hits the 6 month mark.

My exp: I had to go through an anxious and tough time for my second EAD renewal.

AP may be used without any problems, along with ones Passport carry the I-485 receipt notice (EAD may be optional but no harm in carrying that as well).

My exp: I did not have to use it but some of my close friends who used AP did not have any problems using theirs.

Hope you will see some progress/response on your cases.

HTH,
mdlbr20020531

Card Production Ordred

Finally I got the card production ordered status in my USCIS portfolio (12/18/07), for both me and my wife. Actually the processing time was beyond my RD for the last 7-8 months. When I called in last March, they sent a letter saying it is still within their processing window which din't make any sense. I called again last week (3-4 days back). The customer rep lady was very cool and she opened a case on my behalf. Today the case status changed. Bit relief now.

My wife is in India now. She will be back only after Jan 25th. (Went on Sept 26th). She is having the AP which is approved when she was in US but received from lawyer after she went to India. Will there be any problem in using that AP while coming back to US? Please let me know what you think.

Regards
ybnyk

Thanks for the reply!

EAD renewal may be applied upto 6 months before the date of expiration. Better to use the complete window and apply as soon as one hits the 6 month mark.

My exp: I had to go through an anxious and tough time for my second EAD renewal.

AP may be used without any problems, along with ones Passport carry the I-485 receipt notice (EAD may be optional but no harm in carrying that as well).

My exp: I did not have to use it but some of my close friends who used AP did not have any problems using theirs.

Hope you will see some progress/response on your cases.

HTH,
mdlbr20020531

Fellow Sufferer

Hi Khogaye - I am in the same boat as you are - my PD is 2.22.02 - just trying to reach out to as many fellow-sufferers...have a 10th year H1B extension coming up and 4th year EAD/AP extension as well...

EAD can be applied 180 days prior to expiration and as adviced earlier start your preps so that you can send the dox bang at 00:00:00 hours on the 180th day...

Has anyone heard of fwd movement in PD-s in the coming months for EB3?

Still waiting for OCt 3rd RFP.........................It seems I have to renew EAD

How many days before can EAD renewal be applied before expiration date?

I have my 485 pending. Will there be any problem in travelling out of the country on advance payroll?

PD - Feb2002

congrats ybnyk, enjoy the freedom

Finally I got the card production ordered status in my USCIS portfolio (12/18/07), for both me and my wife. Actually the processing time was beyond my RD for the last 7-8 months. When I called in last March, they sent a letter saying it is still within their processing window which din't make any sense. I called again last week (3-4 days back). The customer rep lady was very cool and she opened a case on my behalf. Today the case status changed. Bit relief now.

My wife is in India now. She will be back only after Jan 25th. (Went on Sept 26th). She is having the AP which is approved when she was in US but received from lawyer after she went to India. Will there be any problem in using that AP while coming back to US? Please let me know what you think.

Regards
ybnyk

Congrats! Check with your lawyer just in case, but as far as I know she should be able to be back on AP.

Regards
ybnyk

Congrats! Check with your lawyer just in case, but as far as I know she should be able to be back on AP.

Thanks to zzz4zzzz and geofu54 for your wishes. I wish every one waiting should get their GC soon.

Now that my wife's GC is approved and she is in India. I asked my attorney regarding any issues at the port of entry. He suggested me to send the GC by FedEx to her in India and it is better if she re-enters US by showing the GC. Has anybody done that. I always thought she should enter US using her AP and claim her GC later. Any feedback on this?

Regards
ybnyk

Anyone have any idea what happened to "FBI name checks to be over" thing we were told couple of weeks ago?

Anyone have any idea what happened to "FBI name checks to be over" thing we were told couple of weeks ago?

I believe that was only brought up because the FBI director said something in a private meeting with represetatives of AILA. I don't count on it before FBI or USCIS officially announce it and then act upon it.

ask your Attorney to put that info in paper , you can send that paper with GC card to your wife, if something happens she can show to Immigration officers at Port of Entry about the Attorney letter, he only suggested us toi come thru GC instead of AP

all the best

Thanks to zzz4zzzz and geofu54 for your wishes. I wish every one waiting should get their GC soon.

Now that my wife's GC is approved and she is in India. I asked my attorney regarding any issues at the port of entry. He suggested me to send the GC by FedEx to her in India and it is better if she re-enters US by showing the GC. Has anybody done that. I always thought she should enter US using her AP and claim her GC later. Any feedback on this?

Regards
ybnyk

a new LUD

I found I got a new LUD for I485 on 12/14/07. However, nothing changed in the statement in the profile. Does anyone also get the similar situation?

I too had lud for 485 on 12/19 and 12/20. i have requested sr on 12/18, may be this causes this lud.

and for my 140, i had lud on 12/15 which is approved long time back 11/2005.

But no lud on my wife's 485 since 7/7/2006(transfer to tsc from vsc)