TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

From what I know, an IDENT means an exact match - usually happens when the candidate has some criminal record. Did you get an IDENT match?

My attorney advised I find out what causing the NC delay before considering WOM. She said a judge cannot overrule FBI in case of an IDENT match. My criminal record should be clean (per FOIPA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, finally your wait is over, congratulation, happy 2008 to you.
Have you noticed any LUDs when your name check was cleared?
we are going to miss you

Thank you so much. No LUD, no nothing. Just the 2nd RFE email on Oct 3rd. Apparently, the first officer who told me it has been a mistake was right.

I might seem obsessed but I checked the website three times and also called the customer service number to make sure the phone message says new card has been ordered too. My attorney thinks that I should not be very happy, instead, I should wait till I get the card. He says that he has seen strange things from USCIS. Let's see!

In any case, I would like to thank everybody on this forum. You guys are great! I hope all of you get approved soon.

CONGRATS....what about the Oct 3rd RFE....I am still stuck into that

Thank you.

Neither I nor my attorney ever received anything about the Oct 3rd RFE. I called two weeks after Oct 3rd and a TSC officer told me that it has been a mistake. In contrary to what he said, all other phone and infopass officers told me that it has been a legitimate RFE but they did not know what it was. Besides, they all refused to give me any more info about the RFE and asked me to let my attorney inquire.

My attorney did inquire but they did not tell him anything. Instead, I received a letter from USCIS a few days ago (<7) saying that they don't know if an RFE has been issued or not and as a result, my case was forwareded to an I-485 supervisor for review. I don't know if that had anything to do with its approval or not. I still have not got anything from them regarding the RFE.

In any case, I think that RFE has been a mistake since my EAD/AP got approved a month after and now I have got the card production email.

Thanks for a detail reply. I have also been twice to INFOPASSS and my attorney called about the RFE but no concrete reply from USCIS till date.

I am thinking of renewing EAD which is expiring in end of April,08. Does EAD work like H1 B renewal? Like one can work on H1B just after filing for renewal. Can someone continue working just after applying, couple of weeeks before expiration, for renewal of EAD even if it gets expired? If this is the case then I would wait little more before spending almost $700 (for me & wife) + paper hassle.

Thank you.

Neither I nor my attorney ever received anything about the Oct 3rd RFE. I called two weeks after Oct 3rd and a TSC officer told me that it has been a mistake. In contrary to what he said, all other phone and infopass officers told me that it has been a legitimate RFE but they did not know what it was. Besides, they all refused to give me any more info about the RFE and asked me to let my attorney inquire.

My attorney did inquire but they did not tell him anything. Instead, I received a letter from USCIS a few days ago (<7) saying that they don't know if an RFE has been issued or not and as a result, my case was forwareded to an I-485 supervisor for review. I don't know if that had anything to do with its approval or not. I still have not got anything from them regarding the RFE.

In any case, I think that RFE has been a mistake since my EAD/AP got approved a month after and now I have got the card production email.

Thanks for a detail reply. I have also been twice to INFOPASSS and my attorney called about the RFE but no concrete reply from USCIS till date.

I am thinking of renewing EAD which is expiring in end of April,08. Does EAD work like H1 B renewal? Like one can work on H1B just after filing for renewal. Can someone continue working just after applying, couple of weeeks before expiration, for renewal of EAD even if it gets expired? If this is the case then I would wait little more before spending almost $700 (for me & wife) + paper hassle.

Just paid $5500 for my H1B 8th year extension. I just renewed EAD but I am not using it. Once you switch to EAD you can't go back to H1.

This Name Check delay is killing me

With the way USCIS works, everyone has become a little paranoid nowadays :) Remember that even if you've received the card, USCIS is still entitled to revoke it if there has been an error. So don't worry about something that rarely happens. Go ahead and celebrate - you will get it!

My attorney thinks that I should not be very happy, instead, I should wait till I get the card. He says that he has seen strange things from USCIS. Let's see!

I don't think so. I think EAD has to be approved first, then you can work.

With the way USCIS works, everyone has become a little paranoid nowadays :) Remember that even if you've received the card, USCIS is still entitled to revoke it if there has been an error. So don't worry about something that rarely happens. Go ahead and celebrate - you will get it!

Thank you, I agree with you.

Unlike an H1B, you cant work on an expired EAD while getting it extended/renewed. You can start applying for an extension to your EAD 6 months in advance of its expiration though.

Congratulations!!!

Just got the "card production ordered" email, it's over!!!!!! Can't believe it.

Dude, what a holiday present -- you deserve it, really. As Zgreen said, just relax and wait for your card to arrive. My heartfelt congrats and very best wish for you. Enjoy!

Still stuck....

So 2007 came and went, and I did not get my green card approved due to being stuck in name check.

I wish all my fellow name check sufferes the best of luck in 2008!

So 2007 came and went, and I did not get my green card approved due to being stuck in name check.

I wish all my fellow name check sufferes the best of luck in 2008!
I have completed 3 years (Dec 2004 - Dec 2007), lets see how many more to go?
Hopeless.