TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

You never know what works and what doesn't. I wrote a letter to FL in July and received a response from FBI in Nov, stating that they have received the letter and they have finalized my name check.... Since, I received a reply from them, I believe that the letter to FL worked for me. Many people on this forum have had such positive replies, but at the same time I have read some postings which states that it hasn't worked for them. I think at the end of the day, we just have to keep trying.... and writing to as many people we can... FL, President, FBI name check chief, senators, congressman, etc...

Also, we should try to participate in various pro legal immigration forums/groups such as immigrationvoice, etc.... Atleast these groups are making an effort to make a difference and stand up for the rights and betterment of all legal immigrants.... Otherwise, we will be like most passive citizens of the world, who believe that they cannot change the system, so why even bother, or will be like most other passive citizens of the world, who believe that let others work and if anything good comes out of those efforts, he/she will reap the fruits of others work....

This is the time to unite and work towards a better future and better voice in the immigration challenges...

I know you are right, it's just I wrote so many letters without any effect, even slight, not a single answer. Actually, that's exactly not true. Once I received an answer from CIS ombudsman saying that my letter was forwarded to USCIS and that I would receive USCIS response in 45 days. Of course I have received nothing at all and even if I would that would be their standard template... your case is still pending... blah, blah, blah I see our problem is that there is no place were we could send our complaints

I know you are right, it's just I wrote so many letters without any effect, even slight, not a single answer. Actually, that's exactly not true. Once I received an answer from CIS ombudsman saying that my letter was forwarded to USCIS and that I would receive USCIS response in 45 days. Of course I have received nothing at all and even if I would that would be their standard template... your case is still pending... blah, blah, blah I see our problem is that there is no place were we could send our complaints
To Leo_1003,

Your signature shows your case is EB1 (no country or is that N/A for EB1), seems like one of the very few scenarios where EB1 are having delays; otherwise most have been in EB2 or EB3. Are you applying through an Attorney? If yes, did you try & contact USCIS through your Attorney.

Some of my friends called USCIS and they got responses from representatives that USCIS has initiated an enquiry into their case and provided a tracking no# and if they do not hear back in writing in 30-45 days they can contact & escalate. Did you try that?

Cheers

To Leo_1003,

Your signature shows your case is EB1 (no country or is that N/A for EB1), seems like one of the very few scenarios where EB1 are having delays; otherwise most have been in EB2 or EB3. Are you applying through an Attorney? If yes, did you try & contact USCIS through your Attorney.

Some of my friends called USCIS and they got responses from representatives that USCIS has initiated an enquiry into their case and provided a tracking no# and if they do not hear back in writing in 30-45 days they can contact & escalate. Did you try that?

Cheers

Yes, I have an attorney. She says nobody can help me because the case is not with the USCIS, it's with the FBI and FBI doesn't respond to attorneys or applicants. USCIS could ask to expedite but for some reason they are not doing that, no explanation. Letters to FL, FBI, Ombudsman, Senator, USCIS had no effect at all. My take on this, - some people (nationalities) are blocked from getting GCs and the NC is just used as an excuse to hold the case. Maybe it's not about nationality, maybe it's about something else, I can't figure that out but certainly there is some kind of a flag against my name which says 'put on hold, do not process '. One of plausible hypotheses is that FBI may use a computer program to analyze the expression of applicant face and if it doesn't meet a standard his/her case is put on hold. Because that's a low priority issue it may sit there forever. Actually my attorney once said she wouldn't be surprised if the waiting period for such cases lasted for 10-15 years.

Of course I tried that many times during the past 4 years. All CIS responses are alike: 'your case has been delayed because your background check is still open'.

Yes, I have an attorney. She says nobody can help me because the case is not with the USCIS, it's with the FBI and FBI doesn't respond to attorneys or applicants. USCIS could ask to expedite but for some reason they are not doing that, no explanation. Letters to FL, FBI, Ombudsman, Senator, USCIS had no effect at all. My take on this, - some people (nationalities) are blocked from getting GCs and the NC is just used as an excuse to hold the case. Maybe it's not about nationality, maybe it's about something else, I can't figure that out but certainly there is some kind of a flag against my name which says 'put on hold, do not process '. One of plausible hypotheses is that FBI may use a computer program to analyze the expression of applicant face and if it doesn't meet a standard his/her case is put on hold. Because that's a low priority issue it may sit there forever. Actually my attorney once said she wouldn't be surprised if the waiting period for such cases lasted for 10-15 years.

Of course I tried that many times during the past 4 years. All CIS responses are alike: 'your case has been delayed because your background check is still open'.

what keeps you from filing WOM?

what keeps you from filing WOM?

The main reason is that I am reduced to a nervous wreck, plus suffer from hypertension. I am afraid I won't survive the process, will either suffer a stroke or kill myself because of the depression. My objective at this time is to hang on as long as possible to give my family more chances for survival

I don't have an status in the US, I am pending adjustment of status, therefore, if I do that and it is rejected, I have to leave the country. I am planning to get H-1B visa next year and then I will do it. If I had a status here, I could file it tomorrow, having been waiting for name check for four years!

I don't have an status in the US, I am pending adjustment of status, therefore, if I do that and it is rejected, I have to leave the country. I am planning to get H-1B visa next year and then I will do it. If I had a status here, I could file it tomorrow, having been waiting for name check for four years!

For me also, the 60 days period for response to RFE from USCIS is going to end by next week, but have not heard anything so far. I do have all sort of checks (name, security, background etc etc...) cleared long time.

Spoke to IO today

Today after an hour and 20 minutes on hold over the phone, I spoke to the best immigration officer ever, he told everything about my case in detail. My FP has cleared and namecheck is pending. It's takes them 60 days to process 485 after name check clearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main reason is that I am reduced to a nervous wreck, plus suffer from hypertension. I am afraid I won't survive the process, will either suffer a stroke or kill myself because of the depression. My objective at this time is to hang on as long as possible to give my family more chances for survival

What is your name btw. Just curious.

Hi Guys:

I need help. Received LUD today as follows on my 485:

=========

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On December 6, 2007, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

========
Question:

1) Where is the NBC?
2) What should I expect from this interview? What questions do these officers ask?
3) Any documents I need to bring?
4) Does that mean my road to GC is almost complete?

Thanks much.

Interesting. I think there has been a few of these lately. I would not think it is anything to be concerned about, but maybe this is a new delaying tactics from USCIS? Do you know if you name check is cleared?

Hi Guys:

I need help. Received LUD today as follows on my 485:

=========

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

On December 6, 2007, we transferred this case to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS.

Thanks much.

Patek:

Thanks your reply. What do you mean by delaying tactics? And how do you know if NC is cleared? I have no clue.

Also where is the National Benefits Center? Is it the same as local field office? I would like to believe that if they are calling for a "Standard" interview, that means they are touching my case and if interview goes smooth, they will approve my GC? Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Guys,
Whoever is waiting for GC, all i can say is Have Patience.
My GC Journey is finally over after 6 yrs of wait (sticked to same employer).
For my wife, they sent RFE and hopefully she wud be approved soon.
USCIS took 2 yrs each for LC,I140 and I485.
My suggestion is to contact all possible point of contacts if your case is delayed and PD is current.
One Day you will get thru....
Cheers.

My attorney will petition to transfter my H1B to the new employer next week(change of employer petition). she advised I don't use my EAD yet and to maintain my non-immigrant status untill my I-485 is fully adjucated. She insisted that we don't have to notify USCIS to change sponsor because I own the I-485 now. In case an interview is scheduled (rare but it happens), then we can present the AC-21 option.

I was trying to push this as much as I could, but being stuck in NC for over a year, 6 yrs in this doom, I finally decided to pay the $5500 fees just to win peace of mind.
The ironic question now, will I get upset if my I485 was adjucated right after I file the H1B?

EB3 World
PD June 2002
I140, I485 RD Nov 2006
I140 approved April 2007 (regular processing)
Per InfoPath, I am stuck in NC since Dec 06-06

Last edited by a moderator:
My attorney will petition to transfter my H1B to the new employer next week(change of employer petition). she advised I don't use my EAD yet and to maintain my non-immigrant status untill my I-485 is fully adjucated. She insisted that we don't have to notify USCIS to change sponsor because I own the I-485 now. In case an interview is scheduled (rare but it happens), then we can present the AC-21 option.

I was trying to push this as much as I could, but being stuck in NC for over a year, 6 yrs in this doom, I finally decided to pay the $5500 fees just to win peace of mind.
The ironic question now, will I get upset if my I485 was adjucated right after I file the H1B?

EB3 World
PD June 2002
I140, I485 RD Nov 2006

GCSyndrome, be careful with this. As per my understanding, your lawyer is trying to scam 5500 out of you. If you change job and your current employer withdraw their petition (I-140, I485), you will be doomed. So better get AC-21 if you are moving. Once you have AC21, your entire application goes out of your current employer and goes to your new employer. Only this can make you safe. However, I have gone over cases where even after approved AC21, USCIS wrongly closed the case saying "employer withdraw petition". It too months for the candidate to restore his/her status again.

Go through the AC21 thread of this forum. You will learn lot about it.

JUST MY OPINION. I am not a immigration lawyer.

EB3 World
PD June 2002
I140, I485 RD Nov 2006

I do not understand your question. Do you mean if you will get upset because of the money thing?

For me also, the 60 days period for response to RFE from USCIS is going to end by next week, but have not heard anything so far. I do have all sort of checks (name, security, background etc etc...) cleared long time.

I got mine approved after 68 days of receiving RFE responce, they received RFE resp on 9/20 & i got approved on 11/28, so if its not cleared by next week dont loose hope.
As long as your PD date is current you should expect your's soon.