TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Oct3 RFE

I do not understand your question. Do you mean if you will get upset because of the money thing?

Hi Schehrazi,

Did u receive anything for Oct3 RFE? I haven't as yet. Last time I called couple of days back and still same answer that they will resend the RFE docs. My attorney also called several times and same response. I am going to INFOPASS on Monday, second time, let us see what happens. Extremely frustrating....it is going to be seven years soon..........

I got mine approved after 68 days of receiving RFE responce, they received RFE resp on 9/20 & i got approved on 11/28, so if its not cleared by next week dont loose hope.
As long as your PD date is current you should expect your's soon.

Congratulations on not being dissapointed by USCIS. A number of folks (me included) have responded to RFE's in 2005, 2006 but have not heard anything since. I think the other caveat you need to consider is the FBI name check. If its cleared then maybe the 60 response is plausible. If not, it looks like we have to wait.

Congratulations on not being dissapointed by USCIS. A number of folks (me included) have responded to RFE's in 2005, 2006 but have not heard anything since. I think the other caveat you need to consider is the FBI name check. If its cleared then maybe the 60 response is plausible. If not, it looks like we have to wait.

I responded to USCIS RFE in January 2005, no news on any progress since then, will soon be 3 years after RFE and 50 months after i485 receipt date.

BTW, yesterday received a letter signed by Michael Cannon, which says that my name check has been in process since October 2003 and....., here comes a phrase never used on me before, ~ (not exact quote, I don't have the letter with me) 'we know how important this information is; however, we give each case a thoughtful consideration'. Oh boy, I can see all these people putting there heads together, thinking hard over my case for over 4 years. This must be tough, I have to admit that, perhaps boring too because even I do not remember any exciting events in my life. Then, a couple of more sentences written in the same style, the style of 'come together' lirics.

Leo, really feel sorry for you

It must be a huge disppointment for you to finally receive the MC letter stating that your case still "in process" since 2003. Given your situation, it will be the only way out to sue them. Depending on where you file your lawsuit, there are much more winning cases than losing ones.

Good luck. and Yes, FBI sucks as much as USCIS, but the worst was DoL for many people, good for you not have to go through that ordeal.

GCSyndrome, be careful with this. As per my understanding, your lawyer is trying to scam 5500 out of you. If you change job and your current employer withdraw their petition (I-140, I485), you will be doomed. So better get AC-21 if you are moving. Once you have AC21, your entire application goes out of your current employer and goes to your new employer. Only this can make you safe. However, I have gone over cases where even after approved AC21, USCIS wrongly closed the case saying "employer withdraw petition". It too months for the candidate to restore his/her status again.

Go through the AC21 thread of this forum. You will learn lot about it.

JUST MY OPINION. I am not a immigration lawyer.

I highly doubt my old employer will withdraw the app. also, the way I understand it, after 6 months of filing you own your I485, so it should not be affected even if the employer withdraw the I140.
AC21 is risky. if the I485 was denied for some reasons, then you are immediately out of status. Shehrazi and others stated they lost sleep over this, so I am going to pay the fees just to get the peace of mind. I won't waste 8 yrs of hard work just to save 5500$.

Now, my understanding if the I140 is approved, you can get 3 yrs extension for H1B. but my attorney said it is only 1 yr but can be extended to 3. I really didn't fully understand this part. any ideas?

I haven't lost hope so far, and as everyone else, we all need freedom from the hackles of H1B or EAD or whatever.
In my case all checks, what so ever are cleared long time ago...also spoke to TSC IO, and as per them visa number availability is the delay. Let's see how things shape up in near future.

PD: Aug 2004

Hi Schehrazi,

Did u receive anything for Oct3 RFE? I haven't as yet. Last time I called couple of days back and still same answer that they will resend the RFE docs. My attorney also called several times and same response. I am going to INFOPASS on Monday, second time, let us see what happens. Extremely frustrating....it is going to be seven years soon..........

Hi,

I have not heard anything from them. I talked to an officer in TSC two weeks after I got the RFE email, she said that it has been a mistake and I should ignore it. Someone esle on this forum called them, and got the same response. He called again and they even changed the online message for him.

My attorney, myself and my district congresswoman's office have inquired about this, but have not recevied anything from the USCIS yet.

I personally think that it has been a mistake since they approved my EAD and AP a month after that. Based on what my attorney said, they usually stop processing EAD and AP when there is an RFE on the I-485.

I should call TSC again next week to ask them to change the message, if it has been a mistake.

Mine has been pending for a year and some month now, but my name check is pending for more than four years (see my signature for that).

I responded to USCIS RFE in January 2005, no news on any progress since then, will soon be 3 years after RFE and 50 months after i485 receipt date.

BTW, yesterday received a letter signed by Michael Cannon, which says that my name check has been in process since October 2003 and....., here comes a phrase never used on me before, ~ (not exact quote, I don't have the letter with me) 'we know how important this information is; however, we give each case a thoughtful consideration'. Oh boy, I can see all these people putting there heads together, thinking hard over my case for over 4 years. This must be tough, I have to admit that, perhaps boring too because even I do not remember any exciting events in my life. Then, a couple of more sentences written in the same style, the style of 'come together' lirics.

Hi,

Mine has been pending since June 2003. Did you get that letter from FBI? I think I have got such a letter in responce to FL's inquiry.

I believe the final solution to our pending cases is WOM. I will seriously think about it when I get my H1-B this year.

Just called TSC, got news NC cleared

When I called two weeks ago, NC pending. I saw LUD on 12/2 and 12/3 on my I485. Called today, waited for 40 minutes before I could talk to TSC rep, she told me my NC got cleared, but refused to tell me when. Some relief here. Now waiting continues.

Does RFE mean anything good after NC is cleared?

Does anybody have idea what happens to the cases like mine...

I responded to my RFE (TB Skin Test) on Oct-24.... but my PD is July 2005 and I applied my 485 in Sep-2005. When I called TSC they told me my Name Check and Back Ground checks are clear.

But now as we know EB2 retrogressed to 2002-Jan, can I still expect any good news in next month or so? As my name check is cleared and it will be over 2 months since I responded to my RFE?

Is there anybody who is in the same situation like me?

Thanks.

I got mine approved after 68 days of receiving RFE responce, they received RFE resp on 9/20 & i got approved on 11/28, so if its not cleared by next week dont loose hope.
As long as your PD date is current you should expect your's soon.

Does anybody have idea what happens to the cases like mine...

I responded to my RFE (TB Skin Test) on Oct-24.... but my PD is July 2005 and I applied my 485 in Sep-2005. When I called TSC they told me my Name Check and Back Ground checks are clear.

But now as we know EB2 retrogressed to 2002-Jan, can I still expect any good news in next month or so? As my name check is cleared and it will be over 2 months since I responded to my RFE?

Is there anybody who is in the same situation like me?

Thanks.

I had responded to my RFE almost 2 months ago and have priority date of Aug 2004.
All checks clear as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I called two weeks ago, NC pending. I saw LUD on 12/2 and 12/3 on my I485. Called today, waited for 40 minutes before I could talk to TSC rep, she told me my NC got cleared, but refused to tell me when. Some relief here. Now waiting continues.

--
congrats, you are close.
Wish you good luck.

I highly doubt my old employer will withdraw the app. also, the way I understand it, after 6 months of filing you own your I485, so it should not be affected even if the employer withdraw the I140.
AC21 is risky. if the I485 was denied for some reasons, then you are immediately out of status. Shehrazi and others stated they lost sleep over this, so I am going to pay the fees just to get the peace of mind. I won't waste 8 yrs of hard work just to save 5500$.

Now, my understanding if the I140 is approved, you can get 3 yrs extension for H1B. but my attorney said it is only 1 yr but can be extended to 3. I really didn't fully understand this part. any ideas?[/QUOTE]

If you PD is current then you'll get H1B approval for only 1 year validity
if your PD is not current then you can get 3 years of H1 Validity

Hope you'll get good news soon
All the best

So, is there in any hope for people like us?

With priority dates in reverse gear, seems like we'll have to sit and watch and let the time pass by under our feet.

Just trying not to think about this too much now...whenever it happens, thats fine. (Do we have options???)