TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I don't agree with anything written in that article. Based on AC-21, you can change your job if your have an approved I-140 and your I-485 has been pending for more than six month. You can even become a consultant during this time before your I-485 is approved, which makes you yourself the owner of the approved I-140 not any other company.
I have friends and relatives who applied for citizenship recently. Based on my inquery from them, there is no question about how many times you have changed your job or even if you have changed your field.
And just another thing, USCIS has difficulty approving cases which have been pending for several years, do you think they are going to monitor how many times a greencard holder changes his job or goes to school or does anything like that?
Also, check this out, it clearly says that a greencard holder, has almost all the rights of a citizen except voting. check out page 8 and the rest if you like:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

Please correctly if I am wrong, but based on these, I believe once you get your greencard, you are done with immigration until you want to become a citizen and there are other measures than employment for approval of citizenship.

Well....I am stuck with an employer for last seven years. I am paid extremely low no extra facility + hell a lot of other things...as they know that my GC is pending. I wonder if I can change the job without going through AC21. Someone told me that I can change my job without AC 21 since I have work permit and 485 is pending for more than six months. I heard the stories of ac21 that sometime they call for interview and so on.

No need to stick with same employer!!!

I did a lot of research and there is no hard written rule that says you should stay with the same employer for 6 months or 1 year or for life time. And I havent heard a case whose card was cancelled or denied the citizenship just because he changed the job soon after the GC. My colleague changed two jobs utilizing AC21 even before 485 was approved and got the GC and got the Citizenship. Not to change the job after the GC is mostly HEAR SAY....and not true.

Hi, I am glad hear that a lot of people got their approvals this month. And, I think that's not your last stop. Probably a citizenship is your final goal. Now I have a question here and I believe I am not along. My question is that HOW LONG DOES AN EMPLOYEE WHO RECEIVES EMPLOYMENT GREEN CARD NEEDS TO WORK FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD? I found an article online specifically talking about this topic and I'd apprecaite if you can read and comment on here. I'd also appreciate if you could share the stories you heard from your relatives, or friends. Thanks.

Please click the following link to read the article:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/sponsoring-employer.html

Hi, I am glad hear that a lot of people got their approvals this month. And, I think that's not your last stop. Probably a citizenship is your final goal. Now I have a question here and I believe I am not along. My question is that HOW LONG DOES AN EMPLOYEE WHO RECEIVES EMPLOYMENT GREEN CARD NEEDS TO WORK FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD? I found an article online specifically talking about this topic and I'd apprecaite if you can read and comment on here. I'd also appreciate if you could share the stories you heard from your relatives, or friends. Thanks.

Please click the following link to read the article:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/sponsoring-employer.html

This is bogus. If there were restrictions these would be written on GC, like 'it's only valid if you work for the same employer for so long years', similar to what's written on your SSN (only valid with work authorization). Also, after you get your GC there's no mechanism of tracking your jobs. Again, if that was supposed to be an issue there would be a tracking system.

Please call TSC using POJ Method...

call 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1
enter receipt# then 1-1-3-4
you can talk to Immigration Officer .

Some times ( rather most of the times) your call will be directed to USCIS National call center where they will read you what you can see online.... Belive me...they know nothing that you don't know and sometimes they will tell you wrong information too...

So.. as soon as you hear "Immigration Officers are not available to answer your call in TSC, your call is directed to National USCIS blah blah blah" msg.... hangup and try above method again... untill you get the actual Immigration officer.... You will know your call waiting for TSC Immigration officer when you hear "Welcome to TSC your call will be ans'd in XX mins"

Ask them politely what's going on with your application.... and what is the Name Check status.... They should be able to ans your questions on NC status... but if you get one of the officers who says " I can't reveal that info" something... say thank you and hang up politely...

Try POJ method again... try and try until you succeed....

Goodluck to you...

Time Line EB3

Please advise how and where we find NAME CHECK clearence information.

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/0
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007
Finger Printing done on 11/6/2007

Looking at all these recent approvals

It seems what 'lazycis' stated (he/she got it from a court document ) in one forums is true, that FBI has hired contractors to clear 'simple' name check victims, i.e. those who had a single name hit. 'complex' cases will still sit there for more time.

Folks -

The TSC received the response to the RFE on my 485 case (skin test) and I have the message below. My question is, do they actually stick to the 60 day limit they have posted or is this just another standard response I should ignore?

On November 8, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Folks -

The TSC received the response to the RFE on my 485 case (skin test) and I have the message below. My question is, do they actually stick to the 60 day limit they have posted or is this just another standard response I should ignore?

On November 8, 2007, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. You should expect to receive a written decision or written update within 60 days of the date we received your response unless fingerprint processing or an interview are standard parts of case processing and have not yet been completed, in which case you can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case is at our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
I got the same message last year after they got my RFE. If your name check is cleared, yours will be approved in a few weeks, if not, that message remains until your name check is cleared.

It seems what 'lazycis' stated (he/she got it from a court document ) in one forums is true, that FBI has hired contractors to clear 'simple' name check victims, i.e. those who had a single name hit. 'complex' cases will still sit there for more time.

Hi,

Can you please post the link to the page you read that FBI has hired contractors to speed up name check?

Thank you

I got the same message last year after they got my RFE. If your name check is cleared, yours will be approved in a few weeks, if not, that message remains until your name check is cleared.

Thanks schehrazi. I believe my namecheck is clear after inquiring through multiple venues (phone, Infopass, congressperson) but one can never be sure. I guess I will find out in 60 days whether this is true or not.

I don't have the exact link . But somwhere posted in http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73
by user 'lazycis'

I come from a country which had a very similar red tape system as US has and my experience tells me that whenever the government decides to fix something this is not a good sign for those who wait for the fix. In a strange twist of events, when a governmental entity 'takes control' of a process the agency that is suppose to fix the problem transfers part of responsibility to that governmental entity. This wide-spread resopnsibility makes the stuation to go from bad to worse. I wish I were wrong but that's how the system works. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me an axample of the opposite.

True.
BEC cost me and several thousands close to 2 to 21/2 years of delay.

I come from a country which had a very similar red tape system as US has and my experience tells me that whenever the government decides to fix something this is not a good sign for those who wait for the fix. In a strange twist of events, when a governmental entity 'takes control' of a process the agency that is suppose to fix the problem transfers part of responsibility to that governmental entity. This wide-spread resopnsibility makes the stuation to go from bad to worse. I wish I were wrong but that's how the system works. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me an axample of the opposite.

name check cleared

Thanks VSC_EB2_I485. I called before but it used to go to National Service center only. After getting your POJ post i called tsc around 3:30pm EST, a nice lady responded my phone call after 25 minutes wait time. I I asked her has my sec check been cleared? She told me is that important to know (laughing)? I answered no. She told it has been cleared on Nov 07. I asked her when it was initiated. She reply no clue. Then she said no visa number is available for you. I asked her that visa numbers are assigned on Oct each year. She said yes but we couldn't assign because u were stuck in security check. I didn't ask any more questions as i was happy knowing NC is cleared after 1 year. IO requested to wait for visa numbers. Who knows when will that be available.

GCCracker
EB2 ROW
ND 11/16/2006
PD Aug 06

call 1 800 375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1
enter receipt# then 1-1-3-4
you can talk to Immigration Officer .

Some times ( rather most of the times) your call will be directed to USCIS National call center where they will read you what you can see online.... Belive me...they know nothing that you don't know and sometimes they will tell you wrong information too...

So.. as soon as you hear "Immigration Officers are not available to answer your call in TSC, your call is directed to National USCIS blah blah blah" msg.... hangup and try above method again... untill you get the actual Immigration officer.... You will know your call waiting for TSC Immigration officer when you hear "Welcome to TSC your call will be ans'd in XX mins"

Ask them politely what's going on with your application.... and what is the Name Check status.... They should be able to ans your questions on NC status... but if you get one of the officers who says " I can't reveal that info" something... say thank you and hang up politely...

Try POJ method again... try and try until you succeed....

Goodluck to you...

Got my GC in the mail today. :D These forums has been awesome in keeping me sane during these long, trying times. All the best to you all.

a friend of mine, with a very unique name, applyed late July 07 and his 140 along with GC were cleared yesterday. Less than 3 months period. good for him

Called TSC today, still stuck in name check and I have no idea when this is gona be over. I really feel troubled now

PD: June 2002, EB3 other countries
I-140, 485 RD: Nov 2006 (after 4 yrs in PBEC)
I-140 AD April 2007, regular processing
NC initiated in Dec 06
InfoPath on Sep 07, Preadjucated but stuck in NC
Called TSC today, NC still pending, got mad, went out driving got a ticket.

schehrazi
My man, was the Congress Man of any use at all? I tried to contact mine, but the assistant who took the call asked me to wait a little longer (14 months from the RD) before I call again. she is claimed it is normal for non Latin names to take alittle bit longer than others. I don' tknow if I should believe her

Last edited by a moderator:
"Congresswoman Clarke from New York introduced the bill H.R. 3828 on October 15, 2007. The bill will mandate a maximum 18 months for the processing of FBI name check."

Does anyone know if this bill had passed yet?

Thanks VSC_EB2_I485. I called before but it used to go to National Service center only. After getting your POJ post i called tsc around 3:30pm EST, a nice lady responded my phone call after 25 minutes wait time. I I asked her has my sec check been cleared? She told me is that important to know (laughing)? I answered no. She told it has been cleared on Nov 07. I asked her when it was initiated. She reply no clue. Then she said no visa number is available for you. I asked her that visa numbers are assigned on Oct each year. She said yes but we couldn't assign because u were stuck in security check. I didn't ask any more questions as i was happy knowing NC is cleared after 1 year. IO requested to wait for visa numbers. Who knows when will that be available.

GCCracker
EB2 ROW
ND 11/16/2006
PD Aug 06

Yet another example of bogus information from the customer reps. Your namecheck is probably approved, but it makes no sense that she said a visa number was not available to you because you were in security check. They have been approving cases left and right for the past couple of weeks, so visa numbers are available (at least for EB2 ROW, which you are), and if your check really is cleared, then they should begin working on your case within a few weeks. Good luck to you!

Also, Monday is Veteran's Day, so most likely no news will come out till Tuesday. Enjoy the "long weekend"

Last edited by a moderator:
visa numbers!

She meant visa numbers were there but as background check was pending whats the use of assigning a visa number to my case as nobody knew when the NC will be cleared. As you said why can't they assign a visa number right now. But they are giving visa number excuse to lots of people whose PDs are current.

Yet another example of bogus information from the customer reps. Your namecheck is probably approved, but it makes no sense that she said a visa number was not available to you because you were in security check. They have been approving cases left and right for the past couple of weeks, so visa numbers are available (at least for EB2 ROW, which you are), and if your check really is cleared, then they should begin working on your case within a few weeks. Good luck to you!

Also, Monday is Veteran's Day, so most likely no news will come out till Tuesday. Enjoy the "long weekend"

If your 485 is pending for more than 180 days and I-140 already approved then there is no issue in changing jobs. As for AC-21, I don't why you are worried about it. It is a freedom given by law so play by the rules and you will not have the need to regret. All it requires is informing USCIS about your job change and keeping documentation about it. And if they call you for interview why worry if you have nothing to hide. Compared to that look at the scenario if you do not file for AC-21. At this time for almost all pending cases for longer than a year USCIS is asking for Employment Verification Letter. What if they ask you for that and you have changed jobs. You would need another story to spin.

So my friend play by the rules. It is slightly tougher but you will have better sleep at night.

Well....I am stuck with an employer for last seven years. I am paid extremely low no extra facility + hell a lot of other things...as they know that my GC is pending. I wonder if I can change the job without going through AC21. Someone told me that I can change my job without AC 21 since I have work permit and 485 is pending for more than six months. I heard the stories of ac21 that sometime they call for interview and so on.