TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

a friend of mine, with a very unique name, applyed late July 07 and his 140 along with GC were cleared yesterday. Less than 3 months period. good for him

Called TSC today, still stuck in name check and I have no idea when this is gona be over. I really feel troubled now

PD: June 2002, EB3 other countries
I-140, 485 RD: Nov 2006 (after 4 yrs in PBEC)
I-140 AD April 2007, regular processing
NC initiated in Dec 06
InfoPath on Sep 07, Preadjucated but stuck in NC
Called TSC today, NC still pending, got mad, went out driving got a ticket.

schehrazi
My man, was the Congress Man of any use at all? I tried to contact mine, but the assistant who took the call asked me to wait a little longer (14 months from the RD) before I call again. she is claimed it is normal for non Latin names to take alittle bit longer than others. I don' tknow if I should believe her

Hi,

After calling the congresswoman's staff so many times, she finally submitted an email inquiry for my case. TSC replied that my name check is pending. I have recently asked my senator's office to inquire about my name check.

I actually, talked very clearly but in a friendly manner with Sentor's staff and asked him if they can do ANYTHING to expedite the FBI name check at all. He told me that FBI is out of the scope of their power. They can not do anything to expedite the name check processing at all. In contrast, they can push USCIS if the name check is done.

So in summary, they are helpful in inquiring and pushing the USCIS for delays other than the name check but they can't help with FBI.

I hope this helps.

Still submit I-94 after obtaining GC?

Hi, friends, a very quick question I apologize if this is off-topic. Do we still need to submit our last I-94 (no matter it's from the H1B or last entry) at the airport (while traveling abroad) AFTER we obtain the plastice green card? Anyone please share what you knew. Thanks.

Looks like approvals from TSC have slowed down. Guess those of us left behind are the "tough" namecheck cases. Wonder how many years will it take for us to clear...

Rajiv talks about this topic here.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154533

My own understanding is much the same as Rajiv's take. It seem the majority say six months, but some say 3 months and others say one year.

No, there is no clearly written rule about how long you must stay. It's all about "intent," which is wide open to THEIR interpretation, not ours, essentially.

Speaking of AC21, that is about BEFORE GC, and this question is about AFTER GC, that's the difference. Regarding AC21, the principle of employment-based GC, i.e., to fill skilled labor which cannot be filled by citizens/GC holders, is still substantively maintained by the rule that your new job position must be the same as or similar to the previous one. This is not the case with job change after GC. So in my opinion, there may be some relaxation in interpretation, but one should not draw a firm conclusion about immediate job change after GC based on the fact AC21 allows for job changes.

In actuality, it is rarely if ever asked at your citizenship interview how soon after GC you left your sponsor's job. So you would be mostly fine. That does not mean the risk is 100% gone, though (I know one case (a friend's former colleague) who got into trouble because of this). You cannot completely rule out the possibility that your former employer complain to CIS about you leaving right away, for example.

So, I cannot say you are 1000% without any problem whatsoever, as long as there is a risk possibility. But the actual risk is most certainly very low. The rest is up to each people, i.e., whether or not one is willing to take this low risk, or whether or not one cannot take the "what if?" feeling. It's all up to you.

Hi, I am glad hear that a lot of people got their approvals this month. And, I think that's not your last stop. Probably a citizenship is your final goal. Now I have a question here and I believe I am not along. My question is that HOW LONG DOES AN EMPLOYEE WHO RECEIVES EMPLOYMENT GREEN CARD NEEDS TO WORK FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD? I found an article online specifically talking about this topic and I'd apprecaite if you can read and comment on here. I'd also appreciate if you could share the stories you heard from your relatives, or friends. Thanks.

Please click the following link to read the article:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/sponsoring-employer.html

180 Days

My Lawyer told me I should wait 180 days after submitting 485 before I can change jobs! Good luck

Rajiv talks about this topic here.
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=154533

My own understanding is much the same as Rajiv's take. It seem the majority say six months, but some say 3 months and others say one year.

No, there is no clearly written rule about how long you must stay. It's all about "intent," which is wide open to THEIR interpretation, not ours, essentially.

Speaking of AC21, that is about BEFORE GC, and this question is about AFTER GC, that's the difference. Regarding AC21, the principle of employment-based GC, i.e., to fill skilled labor which cannot be filled by citizens/GC holders, is still substantively maintained by the rule that your new job position must be the same as or similar to the previous one. This is not the case with job change after GC. So in my opinion, there may be some relaxation in interpretation, but one should not draw a firm conclusion about immediate job change after GC based on the fact AC21 allows for job changes.

In actuality, it is rarely if ever asked at your citizenship interview how soon after GC you left your sponsor's job. So you would be mostly fine. That does not mean the risk is 100% gone, though (I know one case (a friend's former colleague) who got into trouble because of this). You cannot completely rule out the possibility that your former employer complain to CIS about you leaving right away, for example.

So, I cannot say you are 1000% without any problem whatsoever, as long as there is a risk possibility. But the actual risk is most certainly very low. The rest is up to each people, i.e., whether or not one is willing to take this low risk, or whether or not one cannot take the "what if?" feeling. It's all up to you.

Looks like approvals from TSC have slowed down. Guess those of us left behind are the "tough" namecheck cases. Wonder how many years will it take for us to clear...

I don't really understand why am stuck in there. my first name is a little bit common but my last name is very unique. my cousin's case (same last name) was cleared in 9 months.

I am actually very curious to know how this process work. Does anyone know if they check the first name apart of the last name?

Nobody knows. There's no rhyme no reason. It's complete insanity - compaunded by lack of accountability. That's why it's important to lobby to make the process more transparent. I think American Families United is doing a good job. I will be supporting them.

Guys, I have a question. My I-485 is pending in TSC (it was transferred from NSC) last year. My lawyers applied for an EAD/AP renewal, but they sent the forms to NSC. I'm not sure why they did this, but now I have a receipt notice for my EAD from NSC. Last year, my EAD and AP applications went with my I-485 to TSC. Is this going to cause a delay in either my EAD/AP or I-485 application?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to share with you guys my status change. I just saw the following message in USCIS online status service (I check it every once a while). There has been nothing since March 2007 when I called for an inquiry. In sept. I called again for a second inquity. Did nothing else but waiting. Thank you all for your information. Good luck to everyone.
Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

One more question: what is ADIT?
BTW: only mine changed. spouse and child's not

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird

I thought today is veteran’s day holiday – but today I noticed a LUD only on my spouse’s case. This looks weird.
Also last week I called TSC IO and that lady told me my I-140 is pending! I informed her that was cleared in 2006 and I am interested in I-485 filed in May 2006. The answer she gave was more funny. She told I-485 is filed with my employer and I need to check with my employer! I concluded there is no point in talking with these customer reps. They only confuse you.

I thought today is veteran’s day holiday – but today I noticed a LUD only on my spouse’s case. This looks weird.
Also last week I called TSC IO and that lady told me my I-140 is pending! I informed her that was cleared in 2006 and I am interested in I-485 filed in May 2006. The answer she gave was more funny. She told I-485 is filed with my employer and I need to check with my employer! I concluded there is no point in talking with these customer reps. They only confuse you.

She probably mixed up your I-140 with your I-485. This has happened to me before. I've stopped calling the TSC customer reps since early this year - they're rarely any help.

Dull In Dallas - I too just noticed an LUD on my 485 case from today. It's probably a system update over the weekend. I believe some I-140s got LUDs yesterday upon reading some threads in trackitt.

For name check, Letter to First Lady Laura Bush is still working. I had written to her in July 2007. Yesterday, received a letter from FBI - Mike Cannon (name check program department head), that they received that letter from First Lady / Department of Justice and have processed and finalized my name check and have sent it back to USCIS. They also gave me the exact date when they finalized the name check for me and my wife.... It seems my wife's name check was completed the same day it was initially submitted by USCIS.... so for most people FBI is able to complete the name check within 24 hours.... If anyone wants a draft of the letter, I wrote to FL Laura Bush, please feel free to send me a private message with your email address...

Finally got the magic email today . Could not believe its all over .Thanks to the all wonderful people in this forums who shared there knowledge and expertise without which these 18 months wait could have been worse. I wish you guys the best of luck and hang in there it is bound to come.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Why my notice is different.

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On November 10, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.