485 RD: 05/10/07
485 LUDs: 05/15, 08/02, 08/03
Card Production Order: 11/02 :)
Welcome notice Sent : 11/05 :)
Approval Notice Sent : 11/07 :)

Approval Notice Mailed

Online status updated today. :)
11/07/2007: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

My status changed to Card Production Ordered on 11/05/2007.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

Details are in my signature.
I also wrote to my local senator and got a reply that the case is pending for name check. Called USCIS again on 10/05/2007 as my 485 application is within the processing times. Looks like a lot of cases are being approved. Will update when I get the card. Thanks and good luck to all of you!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Odyssey is OVER!

The much awaited notification came through yesterday:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On November 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
..................................................................................

July 2007: - after being over an year in I 485 pending status,
Through contact at work- liasion to Government affairs, initiated query through local Congressman and Local Senator. Prepared a long (1.5 pages)personal mail explaining the situation, expounded on the long delays and how it was affecting my career growth; Backed up the petition with employment letter.

Local Senator - responded with: "Name Check" is standard process, give it some more due to the current backlog at USCIS

Local Congressman: VERY VERY helpful. Corresponded with FBI. His office said that FBI takes 60 - 90 days to get back with a response. Just a few days short of 90 days, FBI responded to the Congressman's office and they in turn conveyed the message to me saying the Name check was recvd on May 23, 2006 and the process has been completed on Oct 17th 2007. Results are send to USCIS Headquarters in Washington.

On the same day, congressman's office intiated an inquiry to Texas San Antonio field office to get an updated status on the pending petition. Congressman's office, was planning on following up with them on 11/14 if they did not get a response by then. I was very impressed with the professionalism and the dedication shown by the staff at this office.

I did not follow up on a regular basis. After sending my request, I was told 60-90 days for getting a response and I made no calls or follow up until the 90th day. Congressman's office assured me that they will follow up until this was through.

Wanted to share my thoughts and this forum has been great! Rajiv and team. Kudos!

off to the next challenge... now ;-)

hi congrats to those who are approved. my pd is oct 2002, 485 rd nov 2006 eb-2,i had my last lud in nov 2006 after that no activity.SR says background checks pending 1 month ago.any hopes? any one with no luds got approval lately?

hi congrats to those who are approved. my pd is oct 2002, 485 rd nov 2006 eb-2,i had my last lud in nov 2006 after that no activity.SR says background checks pending 1 month ago.any hopes? any one with no luds got approval lately?

my pd is dec 2002, 485 rd nov 2006 eb-2,i also had same my last lud in nov 2006 after that no activity.I did SR says you are within processing dates..wait till TSC processing dates become current? what does it mean? will it indicate my NC is clear? they did my son who is minor fp on march-07..

any one has any idea?

Finally.. Card Production ordered

Hello,
After 6.5 years of frustrating wait and impacted by all sorts of road blocks & back logs, I think I am finally out (I can't believe I will be posting a msg like this in my life !). Today me & my wife's I-485 online msg changed from 'Case transfered...' to 'Card production ordered..'. Just to make sure I called customer service. Interestingly phone msg said 'Welcome notice mailed...'. But I didn't get any email notifications so far.
I had applied for 5th AP and those were also approved yesterday.
Seems like cases are moving again in TSC. Good luck to each and everyone especially long waiters like me. Will update you further.

Labor PD May 2001 EB2 RIR India
Labor AD July 2003
I-140 AD April 2004
I-485 RD May 2004
FP1 (Code 1) March 2005
I-485 Transfer VSC -> TSC March 2, 2007
FP2 (Code 3) July 31, 2007
LUDs on 7/31, 8/1, 8/2, 8/3,11/7 - 'Card production ordered' msg.:D
Phone msg said 'Welcome notice mailed'. Waiting for card.:cool:

Card Production ordered

HelloAll,

My I-485 got approved yesterday. No email, but checked the status online. Today morning the status is Card Production Ordered and afternoon changed to Approval Notice Sent.

Thanks to the forum.

RP.

Congrats to everyone who got their approvals....

Woww..... Looks like someone is working in TSC since Monday. I hope they keep it up....

HelloAll,

My I-485 got approved yesterday. No email, but checked the status online. Today morning the status is Card Production Ordered and afternoon changed to Approval Notice Sent.

Thanks to the forum.

RP.

Congrats USGCUS! One small question: Can you please confirm that this was the order of your status changes on I-485

1. Welcome Notice sent - Yesterday
2. Card Production - Today Morning
3. Approval Notice Sent - Today Afternoon

Thanks!

How long does the card take

Can someone please comment on how long it takes to receive the physical card after the card production message.

Thank you.

Unbelievable!!!!

Online status "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

Unbelievable.

Guys,

If I can get GC then any one should get it. I am such a miserable person in my life, facing so much of hurdles. Unbelievable!!!!

It is my Diwali Gift and a Real Diwali Celebration on the way!!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys.

I hope it is not a mistake as I did not receive e-mail but online status is updated.

Thanks,
neargc

Congrats....

Congrats and don't worry about that email.... It looks like a norm now a days... you will understand so many people said same thing in last 3 pages of this forum....

Online status "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

Unbelievable.

Guys,

If I can get GC then any one should get it. I am such a miserable person in my life, facing so much of hurdles. Unbelievable!!!!

It is my Diwali Gift and a Real Diwali Celebration on the way!!!!!

Thanks to all of you guys.

I hope it is not a mistake as I did not receive e-mail but online status is updated.

Thanks,
neargc

You know, this is awesome! TSC is showing some activity. Congrats

Besides that, I have been calling the National Customer Service Center for my second RFE these days. To my surprise, customer service representatives seem to be very nice and helpful these days! a few month ago, when I called the NCSC, he was not helpful at all. The change in the representative's behavior is significant.

I went to inuire about my Oct3rd RFE, which I never received, to INFOPASS and the representative just talked for a minute and told that he is going to write an email about it to TSC. I have already called Service Center twice first time on October 19th. They gave me calling refrenece number and told me that the document will be resent. But hey nothing till date______no idea what to do. Waiting since February 2002

I went to inuire about my Oct3rd RFE, which I never received, to INFOPASS and the representative just talked for a minute and told that he is going to write an email about it to TSC. I have already called Service Center twice first time on October 19th. They gave me calling refrenece number and told me that the document will be resent. But hey nothing till date______no idea what to do. Waiting since February 2002

I know! The infopass representative called me after a week and said that since I have a lawyer, they can't give me any info. The lawyer has to inquire! I called again two days ago, the phone representative submitted a resend request.

Hi Pdman,
Man...what a coincidence....we meet again. Yes, I wrote to congressman(actually went in person) and also went to senator. Then after 2-3 months my NC got cleared. You should try it definitely.

Hi doesitmatter,

Remember me???? I was looking up forums & saw that you got your 485 approved . Congratulations!!!
I am still waiting on mine since Apr'06. In the meantime, I used AC21 & changed jobs. What all things (write to Congressman??) did you do in the process of 485 getting approved? I would really appreciate if you could let me know in detail about the procedure that you followed.

Thanks
pdman

After obtaining your green card....

Hi, I am glad hear that a lot of people got their approvals this month. And, I think that's not your last stop. Probably a citizenship is your final goal. Now I have a question here and I believe I am not along. My question is that HOW LONG DOES AN EMPLOYEE WHO RECEIVES EMPLOYMENT GREEN CARD NEEDS TO WORK FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD? I found an article online specifically talking about this topic and I'd apprecaite if you can read and comment on here. I'd also appreciate if you could share the stories you heard from your relatives, or friends. Thanks.

Please click the following link to read the article:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/sponsoring-employer.html

Name Check

Time Line EB3

Please advise how and where we find NAME CHECK clearence information.

I-485,I-765 and 131 Sent to TSC August 7TH,2007
I-140 AD 08/12/07
All RD 8/8/07
All ND 10/01/07
Finger Print Notice Date 10/09/07
Finger Printing on 11/06/07
I-131 Approved on November ,2ND,2007
Finger Printing done on 11/6/2007

Hi

Hi Spoons,

1. Card Production - 11/06/2007 (for all)
2. Welcome Notice sent - 11/07/2007 (me and wife)
3. Approval Notice Sent - 11/07/2007 (only for kid)

Thanks!
RP

Hi, I am glad hear that a lot of people got their approvals this month. And, I think that's not your last stop. Probably a citizenship is your final goal. Now I have a question here and I believe I am not along. My question is that HOW LONG DOES AN EMPLOYEE WHO RECEIVES EMPLOYMENT GREEN CARD NEEDS TO WORK FOR THE SAME EMPLOYER AFTER GETTING THE GREEN CARD? I found an article online specifically talking about this topic and I'd apprecaite if you can read and comment on here. I'd also appreciate if you could share the stories you heard from your relatives, or friends. Thanks.

Please click the following link to read the article:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/employmentbasedimmigration/sponsoring-employer.html

I don't agree with anything written in that article. Based on AC-21, you can change your job if your have an approved I-140 and your I-485 has been pending for more than six month. You can even become a consultant during this time before your I-485 is approved, which makes you yourself the owner of the approved I-140 not any other company.
I have friends and relatives who applied for citizenship recently. Based on my inquery from them, there is no question about how many times you have changed your job or even if you have changed your field.
And just another thing, USCIS has difficulty approving cases which have been pending for several years, do you think they are going to monitor how many times a greencard holder changes his job or goes to school or does anything like that?
Also, check this out, it clearly says that a greencard holder, has almost all the rights of a citizen except voting. check out page 8 and the rest if you like:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/M-618.pdf

Please correct me if I am wrong, but based on these, I believe once you get your greencard, you are done with immigration until you want to become a citizen and there are other measures than employment for approval of citizenship.

Last edited by a moderator: