TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

FBI Name check

Folks.. today I called Texas USCIS office to get an update and after so many please .. request and tens of please to get update. Thanks to her for telling me that my case is pending namecheck approval.

So gurus.. what next? Is there anything that we can do to speed up the name check process or atleast get some info about the name check. Any help you guys can provide would really be appreciated.

R.

PD - May2002
i-1485 - Oct2006
1EAD - Oct2006 - Approved on Nov 2006
2EAD - July2007 - Approved on Oct 2007
AP - Pending from Jul 07.

Same here

I am sorry to hear your story but it's not the first time that I heard about the same story. In fact, I am in a similar situation as yours. I was told that my name check had been cleared by the IO during the Infopass. I was also told that I should contact TSC for detail. So I called TSC around three weeks ago and a really nice reprehensive initiated an inquiry for me and told me to wait for 30-60 days to receive a letter from them. Be honestly with you guys, based on my long-period sufferring experience with USCIS, I PREDICT that I will get the same letter as yours (along with other victims). I mean, I don't expect that I will get a letter saying everything is o.k. and my case will be approved soon. Instead, I guess I will get a letter either it will say that additional review is required or my background check is still pending which is ironically different than what the IO has told me.

What else can I do? Nothing. Even if I shall get a nice letter with a very positive answer, it will NOT be better than an approval notice. So, the only positive thing I know is that at least the IO at the local USCIS office confirmed that my name check has been cleared. Other than that, all I can do is waiting. Actually I am waiting more anxiously since the date I came to know that my name check has been cleared. Knowing the name check has been cleared is a good thing? I doubt it.
My case has been pending since Aug 15, 2005.

Last month I went to local USCIS office using infopass and was informed by the officer(s) that my name check has been cleared as of May 31, 2007. But last week I received a letter from USCIS upon my service request through service center that my case has been pending due to background check and don not contact us for next six months......

I thought name check and background are the same......

On top of that my 3rd EAD application has been pending more than 4 months now.....and current EAD has expired last month........dunno how to get that thing resolved......contacted everyone including local congressman who publicly said he is against all kinds of immigration, USCIS ombudsman and service request....

Any idea folks....

Folks.. today I called Texas USCIS office to get an update and after so many please .. request and tens of please to get update. Thanks to her for telling me that my case is pending namecheck approval.

So gurus.. what next? Is there anything that we can do to speed up the name check process or atleast get some info about the name check. Any help you guys can provide would really be appreciated.

R.

PD - May2002
i-1485 - Oct2006
1EAD - Oct2006 - Approved on Nov 2006
2EAD - July2007 - Approved on Oct 2007
AP - Pending from Jul 07.

Can you please tell me how would you be able to talk to TSC ? If it is POJ method please tell me the number sequences. Somehow POJ method that I have not seems to be working and it says at the end that no IO is available to take your call right now.

Please let me know

In response to my TWO service requests, I received the first response as my NC is still pending and the second response was BC are still pending. So I am gusseing they are two different immigrants’ blood sucking checks or some random dumb letters sent to us for our satisfaction.
During my pending EAD about 80 days I called TSC and requested to expidate but said 'There is NO WAY' they can do BUT it got approved after 2 days of my call to TSC. (God might have helped at that point for me)

I'm feeling hope less on this NC and BC and do not know what to do

Can you please tell me how would you be able to talk to TSC ? If it is POJ method please tell me the number sequences. Somehow POJ method that I have not seems to be working and it says at the end that no IO is available to take your call right now.

Please let me know
The POJ methos is working it is just sometime you will get that message try your call at diffenent time I am sure it will work as I tried it yesterday.

Updated October 12, 2007 - Due to a tremendous increase in the number of applications filed in the last few months, USCIS advises customers that the processing of fee payments and entry of cases into our tracking system is behind schedule. We are providing the answers to those questions which we most frequently receive on this matter. We have added answers to six additional questions.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Q : Is USCIS prioritizing certain application(s) during the receipting process?

Yes. The Application to Adjust Status (I-485) will have first priority because USCIS needs to ensure that these applications are receipted in a timeframe that would allow processing of an application for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) within 90 days of filing as mandated by law [8 CFR 247a.13(d)]. Our second priority will be to receipt the Application for Naturalization (N-400) so that we can minimize any delays in obtaining citizenship.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=54519c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

ijaffery - My case has been pending since Aug 15, 2005.

ijaffery,

My 2 cents, take a infopass again go with your latest EAD original receipt & i-485 original receipt. EAD renewals generally have the 90 day mark, unless there was some correspondence that was not responded.

For my 2nd renewal, I took two infopass appointments and was informed that I was supposed to go for my finger-print (btw, 2nd finger prints - 1st one was done last year and not past 15 month mark yet). Anyways, took the finger prints appointment for the next business day and got EAD approved.

Once again, take infopass appointment immediately.

Good luck with your efforts.

My case has been pending since Aug 15, 2005.

Last month I went to local USCIS office using infopass and was informed by the officer(s) that my name check has been cleared as of May 31, 2007. But last week I received a letter from USCIS upon my service request through service center that my case has been pending due to background check and don not contact us for next six months......

I thought name check and background are the same......

On top of that my 3rd EAD application has been pending more than 4 months now.....and current EAD has expired last month........dunno how to get that thing resolved......contacted everyone including local congressman who publicly said he is against all kinds of immigration, USCIS ombudsman and service request....

Any idea folks....

GC Approved

Hi,
My GC along with my family has been approved and recieved emails on 10/22/07 with welcome notice and on 10/24/07 i recieved another email stating card mailed. I didn't recieve any email stating card production.
MY details:
PD: EB3 Oct 2003
I-140, I-485, EAD & AP RD : Dec 2004
I-140, EAD & AP RD : Feb 2005
Transfer VSC to TSC: Mar 2007
I-485 AD (Based on spouse PD - EB2 - Aug 2003) : 10-22-07 (Welcome Notice)
LUD: 10-23-07
Card Mailed Email: 10-24-07
Thanks

GC Approved

Got my GC aproved in less than 3 months of the I-485 notice date and about 4 months from the time the application was received by USCIS. It was a pleasant surprise and thus ends the 4 year quest. All the best to you all.

My details below.

PD- Sep 2003, EB2, VA
Country- India
Labor AD- Aug 2006
I-140 AD- Nov 2006
I-485 Receive Date- 26th June 2007
I-485 ND- 7th Aug 2007
FP- 8th Sep 2007
I-485 AD- 17th Oct 2007
Approval notice received: 19th Oct 2007
Card received: 22nd Oct 2007

Hi,
My GC along with my family has been approved and recieved emails on 10/22/07 with welcome notice and on 10/24/07 i recieved another email stating card mailed. I didn't recieve any email stating card production.
MY details:
Thanks

Happy for you, enjoy your freedom

Hi,
MY details:
Thanks

Congratulations! Are you from Indian/China? Did you write any letter to anyone? Did you stuck on NC? Please tell us more about your situation before getting approved. Thanks!

Cards Recieved

Congratulations! Are you from Indian/China? Did you write any letter to anyone? Did you stuck on NC? Please tell us more about your situation before getting approved. Thanks!

I am from India. Cards for me and my my wife were recieved on 10-25-07 that is just one day after card mailed email. I am waiting for my kids cards.
Thanks

Cards Recieved

Hi,
I didn't write any letter to anyone nor sent any letters to USCIS but just waited for priority date to be current. I guess now USCIS reviewing EB2 cases with priority dates from August to October 2003 because few of my friends with priority dates in between those months got GC approvals.
Is there anybody know how much time will take for kids to get actual cards after recieving welcome notices with their names.
Thanks inadvance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I didn't write any letter to anyone nor sent any letters to USCIS but just waited for priority date to be current. I guess now USCIS reviewing EB2 cases with priority dates from August to October 2003 because few of my friends with priority dates in between those months got GC approvals.
Is there anybody know how much time will take for kids to get actual cards after recieving welcome notives on their names.
Thanks inadvance.

I strongly believe that it is not a matter of priority date. I know a lot of people who filed in 2003-2004 and their cases (both GC and Citizenship) has been pending for FBI name check. I think at some point in order to reduce the delay in processing newer name checks, FBI stopped processing older ones.

That's my theory though, any ideas?

Cards Recieved

Hi schehrazi,
May be you are correct but when i analyze my case, i am working with my third year EAD where everytime i went for biometrics for EAD approvals. I guess name check delays will be only for first term EAD guys not for third or fourth term EAD guys. All these cases are pending since 2003. Beecause of my job nature, my name went for FBI as well as FAA checks. I don't know whether it helped me in my name check or not.

Hi PBLC_01302006,
I was actively involved in these forums till 2004 during my labor stage and once all the labor applications went to backlog center then everything went disorderly. Then i lost interest in tracking the status of my application. There was no systamaticness in approval of labor applications in BEC, then my spouse applied for substitution labor in Vermont in EB3 and got EAD's based on that pending EB3 case. Meanwhile my labor approved and i got my I-140 approved in October 2006 in EB2 category. Now the case has been transferred to TSC. Then i applied for overlaying my PD which is in Aug 2003 on my wife's PD which has been approved in October 2007.
Honestly, this is a long journey.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I strongly believe that it is not a matter of priority date. I know a lot of people who filed in 2003-2004 and their cases (both GC and Citizenship) has been pending for FBI name check. I think at some point in order to reduce the delay in processing newer name checks, FBI stopped processing older ones.

That's my theory though, any ideas?

My understanding, FBI is not working on 2003 filers and has no intent to do so in the nearest future. I talked to an IO at TSC sometime ago and she told me my case "will NOT be processed (by the FBI) unless I can prove processing the case is a life or death situation". I'm sick and tired of that, practically have no emotions left, will probably go home when my ead expires

This is really frustrating !

How does one deal with such things ?
I would take the IO's words with a grain of salt. However if what she said is true,why dont they(USCIS) initiate another name check. Things just dont add up.
You should write to Ombudsman about this experience!

My understanding, FBI is not working on 2003 filers and has no intent to do so in the nearest future. I talked to an IO at TSC sometime ago and she told me my case "will NOT be processed (by the FBI) unless I can prove processing the case is a life or death situation". I'm sick and tired of that, practically have no emotions left, will probably go home when my ead expires

How does one deal with such things ?
I would take the IO's words with a grain of salt. However if what she said is true,why dont they(USCIS) initiate another name check. Things just dont add up.
You should write to Ombudsman about this experience!

I wrote to Ombudsman, got a standard reply saying in 45 days I should get a response from CIS. I don't expect anything but their standard response 'processing of your case has been delayed because your background check has not beed completed'. I already have a bunch of such letters. Everything goes smoothly because the whole process is entirely automated: you write a letter with a complaint, the letter is forwarded to CIS where somebody pushes a button, which action generates their standard response letter. Doesn't matter what are your problems or concerns the response is always the same.

NO RFE from Oct3rd update

I got the email on 3rd and I got an LUD on 4th. I hope I get the letter this week, otherwise I have to make an infopass appointment. Let's keep in touch. I will let you know as soon as I get the letter.

Thank you

I also received an email about RFE and that was date OCt3rd and LUD Oct4th but never received anything as yet. I called USCIS last week and the person I spoke to told me that she is going to put request to resend the document. Don't know what is going on-----my pd is Feb 2002.