TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

!!! Need Luck !!!

People from 2005/2006 are getting approved and people with 2001/2002 PD's still stuck with no luck on the horizon. What the F*** is going on here.

I saw some EB2 India cases which were filed in June 2007 got approved in Sep.2007. i.e. They didn't fall into namecheck black hole.

I got a response to the service request I initiated after the processing dates moved to December 2006 last month (before moving back to August 2006 this month). The response was similar to the service request I had initiated earlier this year, i.e., "we are actively processing this case, but need to conduct additional review". The only difference is that in the last service request response they said to contact them after 6 months if there was no notice or update, in this one, they say to contact them in 60-90 days. Don't know what is going on. I'm going to an Infopass appointment next week, hopefully it will be somewhat useful.

Another difference is whether or not I-140 was approved at the point of those SRs, right? Although the "60-90 days" part is a pretty much standard response, I guess they might have said six months again if there is a real big stumbling block in the way. As long as FBI was cleared, it's all about CIS. Hopefully, I-140 approval this summer did something positive to the processing of I-485.

I got a response to the service request I initiated after the processing dates moved to December 2006 last month (before moving back to August 2006 this month). The response was similar to the service request I had initiated earlier this year, i.e., "we are actively processing this case, but need to conduct additional review". The only difference is that in the last service request response they said to contact them after 6 months if there was no notice or update, in this one, they say to contact them in 60-90 days. Don't know what is going on. I'm going to an Infopass appointment next week, hopefully it will be somewhat useful.

Where can I find the latest file?

Hello everybody...

May be it's a stupid question but can anyone please tell me where I can find latest TSC 485 tracker file as an attachment.

I have searched this forum and found only files which were updated in 2006. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks.

A question

After reading the immigration-law about showing the 485 receipt to IO at the port of entry I got scared. When I entered last time on H1B, I don't remeber if I showed the 485 receipt notice along with the H1B stamping. As per the immigration-law, there are chances that your 485 might get abandoned upon re-entry on H1B unless you also show the I485 receipt along with the H1B. Has any one got any comments on this?
Regards
ybnyk

Rather go here to track the approvals and see the trend http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i485-tracker1

Please note that there is a bug in the calculation of average processing times on that page. This is easy to show. The trend graph gives the number of average processing time for cases filed in Nov 2003 to be near 1400 days, which is the time from Nov 2003 to present, meaning that it may only be correct if all applications from Nov 2003 were approved just yesterday. Because at least some applications were approved earlier than yesterday the time should be shorter than shown there.

Another difference is whether or not I-140 was approved at the point of those SRs, right? Although the "60-90 days" part is a pretty much standard response, I guess they might have said six months again if there is a real big stumbling block in the way. As long as FBI was cleared, it's all about CIS. Hopefully, I-140 approval this summer did something positive to the processing of I-485.

I think the approval of my I-140 may have had something to do with the change in the expected response, and further evidence is now confirmed as I got notice yesterday late night that they have sent an RFE on my I-1485 case. Unless something is seriously wrong with my case, I believe this has to do with the fact that I did not get the TB skin test, just the x-ray. I'm hoping that's all there is to it. As usual, I'm happy with an RFE because at least someone took a look at my file!

I think it is good news for you

I think the approval of my I-140 may have had something to do with the change in the expected response, and further evidence is now confirmed as I got notice yesterday late night that they have sent an RFE on my I-1485 case. Unless something is seriously wrong with my case, I believe this has to do with the fact that I did not get the TB skin test, just the x-ray. I'm hoping that's all there is to it. As usual, I'm happy with an RFE because at least someone took a look at my file!

There are two types of RFEs. Early ones are usually requested by contractor or non-adjudicating officers. They do not mean much. Late RFEs are requested by adjudicating officers. So, If your PD is current, that usually means your NC has been cleared. Hope you hear the good news soon :).

There are two types of RFEs. Early ones are usually requested by contractor or non-adjudicating officers. They do not mean much. Late RFEs are requested by adjudicating officers. So, If your PD is current, that usually means your NC has been cleared. Hope you hear the good news soon :).

I really hope so. It seems to be coming together. I got confirmation that my namecheck was approved a while ago (through Infopass and also on the phone with a TSC officer when they used to answer questions), but that my application was in some other security review at USCIS. After about 11 months being pending, my I-140 recently got approved. Soon after that, I followed up with my congressperson to check the status of the security checks, and she said that they responded to her telling her that my case was with an officer. At the same time, my service request response came back saying that I should get an update within 60-90 days. Meanwhile, I was getting several LUDs on my I-131 but not on my I-485, until yesterday when I got the RFE email. At this point, I'm just happy about there being some movement on my case (my PD is current as I am ROW). I'll update once I hear what the RFE is about.

what does this mean

I really hope so. It seems to be coming together. I got confirmation that my namecheck was approved a while ago (through Infopass and also on the phone with a TSC officer when they used to answer questions), but that my application was in some other security review at USCIS. After about 11 months being pending, my I-140 recently got approved. Soon after that, I followed up with my congressperson to check the status of the security checks, and she said that they responded to her telling her that my case was with an officer. At the same time, my service request response came back saying that I should get an update within 60-90 days. Meanwhile, I was getting several LUDs on my I-131 but not on my I-485, until yesterday when I got the RFE email. At this point, I'm just happy about there being some movement on my case (my PD is current as I am ROW). I'll update once I hear what the RFE is about.

What does this response from the congressional staffer mean? has the namecheck been cleared? Inquiry to IO2 2 weeks later indicated that namecheck was still pending:confused::confused::confused:

no luds since fingerprinting

Dear Ms.XXXXX

We’ve received the following response from Immigration Services:

“THESE CASES ARE AWAITING A VISA TO BECOME AVAILABLE. UPON A VISA BECOMING AVAILABLE, YOUR CONSTITUENT WILL BE NOTIFIED AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS; XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

THANK YOU.”

We’ll continue to monitor this for you and if we find out anything else, we will certainly let you know.

What does this response from the congressional staffer mean? has the namecheck been cleared? Inquiry to IO2 2 weeks later indicated that namecheck was still pending:confused::confused::confused:

no luds since fingerprinting

Dear Ms.XXXXX

We’ve received the following response from Immigration Services:

“THESE CASES ARE AWAITING A VISA TO BECOME AVAILABLE. UPON A VISA BECOMING AVAILABLE, YOUR CONSTITUENT WILL BE NOTIFIED AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS; XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

THANK YOU.”

We’ll continue to monitor this for you and if we find out anything else, we will certainly let you know.

What is your priority date? Is your priority date current?

My case has been pending since Aug 15, 2005.

Last month I went to local USCIS office using infopass and was informed by the officer(s) that my name check has been cleared as of May 31, 2007. But last week I received a letter from USCIS upon my service request through service center that my case has been pending due to background check and don not contact us for next six months......

I thought name check and background are the same......

On top of that my 3rd EAD application has been pending more than 4 months now.....and current EAD has expired last month........dunno how to get that thing resolved......contacted everyone including local congressman who publicly said he is against all kinds of immigration, USCIS ombudsman and service request....

Any idea folks....

Last edited by a moderator:

Last month I went to local USCIS office using infopass and was informed by the officer(s) that my name check has been cleared as of May 31, 2007. But last week I received a letter from USCIS upon my service request through service center that my case has been pending due to background check and don not contact us for next six months......

On top of that my 3rd EAD application has been pending more than 4 months now.....and current EAD has expired last month........dunno how to get that thing resolved......contacted everyone including local congressman who publicly said he is against all kinds of immigration, USCIS ombudsman and service request....

Any idea folks....

Any idea folks....

Which service center are you with? Can you call your CS directly? I'd call them every day to increase the possibility of talking to someone who might know what's going on. Also, take an infopass again and insist they have to fix the problem. It's their problem since it's over 90 days.

On name check vs background check, I have been looking for an explanation of the difference but couldn't come across any reliable version. In answers to all my requests, CIS persistently have said ....'your background check is still pending', never used the term name check, so there is a difference between these two but IOs keep telling me it's the same, meaning however just that both checks come from the FBI.

I wish you good luck. Prod them every day

Any idea folks....
Jaffery,

Tough luck. Looks like you're a target for their back-handed form of reducing immigration. Try the usual expedition letters and infopasses and calling uscis up. Stick it to the congressman and tell him that his despicable opinions not withstanding he has a freaking right to serve his residents or else you'll file a lawsuit against him.

At the same time, start lining up some good offers in your home country as it is always good to have a backup (and that goes for all you waiting for your immigration docs - Wake up, smell the coffee and realize that you cannot have your life hanging on the immigration thread for such a long time).

Clarification

Guys could you please let me know if it is perfectly OK to change employer 2 months after getting your green card? Thank you.