TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Is it safe to change to a different job 2 weeks after getting the Green Card? What are the complications involved in this?

You use AC 21 to change job if your GC application has been pending for over 6 months and your I140 was approved. However, If your GC is approved it is generally recommended that you keep your LAST job for a year or so unless your employer gracefully release (or fire) you. if you leave with bad terms in a relatively short period after approval, your employer can accuse you with fraud and withdraw your application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Infopass Question

Hi All,

My 485 is pending. I am going to make an infopass appointment to enquire about the status. Could you please let me know which option I should select.

You need Service on a case that has already been filed

You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

You want to file an application in person

You need information or other services

You need a form.

Thanks.

"You need information or other services"

Hi All,

My 485 is pending. I am going to make an infopass appointment to enquire about the status. Could you please let me know which option I should select.

You need Service on a case that has already been filed

You are a new Permanent Resident and have not yet received your Permanent Resident Card

You want to file an application in person

You need information or other services

You need a form.

Thanks.

EAD- name check On AOS

my 485 has been suck in the name check for the last 14 month.
Iwent for infopass to check on my pending EAD for the last 100 days..the IO was not helpful, and have told me that she have to email TCS and wait for their response..but also told me that my 485 waiting for an adjustment officer...for sure ..did not elabrate...
Any ideas....

Anybody recently got letters from FBI in response to letter to FL ?

Almost 2.5 months since i wrote letter to FL. No reply. May be the volume is high and even that door is shut.

I think it's an abomination of power if the employer gets to withdraw the GC after it is approved? I agree that keeping good terms with your employer while leaving is recommended and just for that I would agree that you should wait for a couple of months. If your employer is fine after that then don't even think about citizenship issues(unless you're not willing to take even a small risk). If anybody even brings up that issue during the citizenship I would tell them right in their face it's none of their business why you changed a job after you got the GC (which of course increases the risk I mentioned). In my opinion there is limit of abusing power when it comes to immigration matters and criteria for excluding citizienship should be limited to certain criminal records. Beyond that it should just be a clerical procedure to apply for citizenship and nobody has any business poking into our lives for that.

Almost 2.5 months since i wrote letter to FL. No reply. May be the volume is high and even that door is shut.

Recently, the senator's aide, who I'm in contact with about my case, told me that he spoke to somebody from the FBI and was told that their current response time to an inquiry about a pending NC is from 90 to 100 days. So, I reckon roughly 30 days for the FL office to initiate an inquiry plus 90 days for the FBI to respond makes it 4 months altogether. I'm also waiting for an outcome from a similar letter.

Looks like we're done for FY07

Haven't seen any approvals for past few days. Perhaps all visas are really exhaused now. Hopefully with next FY they'll approve earlier PDs first.

Haven't seen any approvals for past few days. Perhaps all visas are really exhaused now. Hopefully with next FY they'll approve earlier PDs first.

is there any place where one can get real statistics and processing times, pending cases, oldest case and things like that?

my PD is June 2002, I485 RD is October 2006 and I am in the process of changing employer and might end up paying my attorney another 5k to transfter my H1B to the new empolyer and might wake up the next morning to find my 485 approved.

am thinking in investing these 5k in a WoM instead

GCSyndrome,

Why you want to do H1 transfer? I know you must be knowing about AC21. I am also planning to change job using EAD as I am in same boat as you. PD 2002 and RD NOV 2006.

question

one of my friends got a reply from sen aide's office that said the uscis has told them:

“THESE CASES ARE AWAITING A VISA TO BECOME AVAILABLE. UPON A VISA BECOMING AVAILABLE, YOUR CONSTITUENT WILL BE NOTIFIED AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS; XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THANK YOU.”

does that mean his namecheck has been cleared?

any LUDs?

Did he observe any LUDs after FP? How many?

one of my friends got a reply from sen aide's office that said the uscis has told them:

“THESE CASES ARE AWAITING A VISA TO BECOME AVAILABLE. UPON A VISA BECOMING AVAILABLE, YOUR CONSTITUENT WILL BE NOTIFIED AT THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS; XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THANK YOU.”

does that mean his namecheck has been cleared?

GCSyndrome,

Why you want to do H1 transfer? I know you must be knowing about AC21. I am also planning to change job using EAD as I am in same boat as you. PD 2002 and RD NOV 2006.

I am debating whether to use EAD or pay the 5k and take some risks.

when I contacted my attorney she advised we file for a new 3 yrs visa extension (because I 140 is alread approved). She also mentioned I can use EAD to work however, consider the following:
1- sometimes, EAD renewal takes longer than expected, I ve seen cases where it took 8 months to renew. in the meanwhile, you can't work until you receive the new card.
2- if u switch to EAD, your immigration status changes immediately from non-immigrant to immigrant, so if your I485 case is denied, your immigration status changes immediately to illigal. I know it is a small risk, but still, it is a risk that someone in this forum mentioned lost sleep over for sometimes.

Also, I got conflicted info about who to notify if I use EAD for my new job. my attorney mentioned that if I use my EAD, I don't need to notify immigration of my status change. but I read somewhere that my new employer has to fill-up some form and mail it out to someone. if anyone know the process, please advise?

GCSyndrome, I'm not sure why you're using the H1. If you do, you might just lose the earlier GC and have to start all over again. I believe what you're trying is :

1) To extend the H1B with your curent employer for another 3 years based on the I-140

2)Once you get that H1B then transfer to a new H1B from the new employer.

Unless you plan to return to your old employer after you get the GC or apply for a new GC with the new employer right away this might not be such a great idea. AC21 might have its own issues but that seems like a more straightforward path though the big risk is that if there are complications in your current GC due to the switch (I don't know how many AC21 people have faced rejections/problems in GC - readers please post on that if you know) then you have nothing to fall back on.