TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I was traveling on business for 4 months - there was no issues returning on AP. No questions asked.

thanks .. I am trying to come back on my AP this time in DEC- don't have patience to stamp H1 again (waste of 1 day of prep, 1 day of Consulate and money), that too when one lives in a different city that US consulate! once U go back home for 2-3 weeks it is better to save 3 days for H1 stamping

Did our friend Ombudsman get reply from USCIS ?

Let me suggest one thing, what do others say,

For I-485 applicants in USA, give GC once all other security checks are complete. Let the name check proceed in the background . If name check process finds something that needs voiding GC , then let USCIS cancel the GC and deport the applicant. Will Ombudsman/USCIS bite on this piece of suggestion ?

Great suggestion. But no one will pay any attention. Lots of people have come up with lots of great suggestions in the past. None of them have been implemented.

Another idea onto yours

For I-485 applicants in USA, give GC once all other security checks are complete. Let the name check proceed in the background . If name check process finds something that needs voiding GC , then let USCIS cancel the GC and deport the applicant. Will Ombudsman/USCIS bite on this piece of suggestion ?

We also could suggest USCIS to issue the temporary green card, which has been usually issued to permanent residents who married to the U.S. citizens, to those who are stuck with NC. Their cards will have 3 years valid period instead of 10 years. USCIS will be able to determine whether the NC result is favorable to the applicant or not by the time the temporary green card is about to expire.

Good suggestion. In fact on the namecheck group on yahoo someone mentioned awarding conditional GC.

However if I recall correctly, Randall Emery founder of American United Families mentioned in the group that it would require a legislation change. Don't know how much factual his information was but it is not an easy solution if congress and senate would have to get involved. Who will carry the fight and for what ? Despite all the noise created by immigration voice there is not a single legislation which passed through helping immigration.

So gc_mania and others we can think and discuss but little would come out of this is there is congress/senate involved. And now since USCIS has fresh 300K Apps and please note they were filed with old fees so these would have to pay for EAD/AP renewals every year. Hmm. why would they kill the cash cow by awarding conditional GC.

Sorry for sounding bleak but the fall is around us and days are shorter and I can see nothing but darkness.

I have joined a course and would most likely go in my hibernation for next three months. It was a pleasure to meet so many fertile minds from various countries on this board. Hopefully we will be signing off soon from this self imposed barbed wire residence.

Good Luck to you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
GC can be revoked if one found to be national security risk

why bother with so called temp GC? How many bad guys got caught through NC? Probably zero.

If someone passed all other security checks, except NC pending, then give him the GC. If later NC resulst showed he is national security risk or otherwise not elligible for GC, revoke the GC. Even naturlized citizenship can be revoked, why bother with temp GC?

why bother with so called temp GC? How many bad guys got caught through NC? Probably zero.

If someone passed all other security checks, except NC pending, then give him the GC. If later NC resulst showed he is national security risk or otherwise not elligible for GC, revoke the GC. Even naturlized citizenship can be revoked, why bother with temp GC?

Some coffin merchants will think that "let more people die, so that i can sell more coffins". Likewise USCIS would love to get the revenue from interim benefit processing ( EAD,AP etc).

second AP pending for more than 4 months

I was wondering if anyone of you guru's out there can tell me how (if at all) I can expedite the approval of my AP renewal application. My attorney filed for my I-131 (AP) renewal on May 23rd 2007 at NSC. Three months later she received an RFE for a copy of my birth cetificate (this is ridiculous becuase they should have it on file, I already have been issued an AP once!!!!) We answered their RFE last month, but no decision is made yet. The application for AP renewal has been pending for more than 4 months.
I think for a re-entry permit that is only valid for one year, a process time of 4months is absolutely outrageous. I need to travel soon and I don't know what to do. My first AP got approved in less than 2 months last year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LC Approval: May 2000 (Labor Sub, EB3, World)
I-131/I-765/I-140/I-485 TSC concurrent filing RD: 5/8/2006
I-131 AD: 6/29/2006
I-140 AD: 7/10/2006
I-765 AD: 7/28/2006
I-485 pending .... stuck in NC :( (NSEERS country)
Second AP/EAD RD: 5/23/2007
Second EAD AD: 9/1/2007
Second AP: pending :(

I can see the next big revenue stream for lawyers - WoM filings. At this rate nobody will get GC without WoM - so every I485 filing has to be accompanied by WoM. And every successful WoM case slows down regular namecheck processing, worsening the problem.

.....Three months later she received an RFE for a copy of my birth cetificate (this is ridiculous becuase they should have it on file, I already have been issued an AP once!!!!) .....(

Idiots! May be they lost the copy of birth certificate. They should keep electronic records.

I was wondering if anyone of you guru's out there can tell me how (if at all) I can expedite the approval of my AP renewal application. My attorney filed for my I-131 (AP) renewal on May 23rd 2007 at NSC. Three months later she received an RFE for a copy of my birth cetificate (this is ridiculous becuase they should have it on file, I already have been issued an AP once!!!!) We answered their RFE last month, but no decision is made yet. The application for AP renewal has been pending for more than 4 months.
I think for a re-entry permit that is only valid for one year, a process time of 4months is absolutely outrageous. I need to travel soon and I don't know what to do. My first AP got approved in less than 2 months last year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LC Approval: May 2000 (Labor Sub, EB3, World)
I-131/I-765/I-140/I-485 TSC concurrent filing RD: 5/8/2006
I-131 AD: 6/29/2006
I-140 AD: 7/10/2006
I-765 AD: 7/28/2006
I-485 pending .... stuck in NC :( (NSEERS country)
Second AP/EAD RD: 5/23/2007
Second EAD AD: 9/1/2007
Second AP: pending :(

My AP2 has just been approved. It took 6 months to issue an RFE (evidence of past special registration, even though it is on file at USCIS) and it took exactly a total of 7 months to approve it!

I would recommend pressing USCIS as much as possible. (1) I would issue an inquiry by phone at the 800 number. (2) I would also prompt your lawyer to make a separate inquiry. AND, (3) if you truly need the AP urgently, I would make an infopass appointment and explain the situation to the Immigration Officer with a sense of urgency.

My AP2 has just been approved. It took 6 months to issue an RFE (evidence of past special registration, even though it is on file at USCIS) and it took exactly a total of 7 months to approve it!

I would recommend pressing USCIS as much as possible. (1) I would issue an inquiry by phone at the 800 number. (2) I would also prompt your lawyer to make a separate inquiry. AND, (3) if you truly need the AP urgently, I would make an infopass appointment and explain the situation to the Immigration Officer with a sense of urgency.

Thanks for the info TSCEB2Current. I am going to call the 800 number and see what happens.

Yeah, that too is a good idea. It is like buying insurance. If at there is a problem that arises in your I-485 processing, it would not make you go out of status and will save time from all the hassles.
But unless the person goes back and joins the previous job after that GC comes through that GC app is not of any use anyway. He will have to apply for a new GC with the new company. Whereas with AC-21 the GC is still valid even if you continue to work for the new company.

EAD Renewal time in TSC

I just applied for my EAD renewal (will reach TSC tomm.) and my current EAD expires Dec 18th. Missed the 90-day deadline due to a lot of factors (ignorance being one of them - suprisingly the 90-day deadline topic didn't come up very often in this forum or else it would have been on top of my mind - and my lawyer also delayed the app).

The processing times thingy says 11 weeks so it is cutting it real close with my situation. Did anybody get any recent approvals for EAD renewals? Is it really 11 weeks or )hopefully) shorter?

485 pending question

My 485 is pending from around 18 months now....security check not completed is the answer from uscis when contacted through senator and congressman. Wrote to FL in july 2007 but no reply yet.

any other ideas to expedite gurus ?

I just applied for my EAD renewal (will reach TSC tomm.) and my current EAD expires Dec 18th. Missed the 90-day deadline due to a lot of factors (ignorance being one of them - suprisingly the 90-day deadline topic didn't come up very often in this forum or else it would have been on top of my mind - and my lawyer also delayed the app).

The processing times thingy says 11 weeks so it is cutting it real close with my situation. Did anybody get any recent approvals for EAD renewals? Is it really 11 weeks or )hopefully) shorter?

It's shorter, 5-6 weeks for renewal. My wife and son has just got eads

This is marvellous indeed. The next step should be running NC on all citizens and send those who don't pass to the home countries of their ancesters. Everybody is busy and focused just on this little thing. :D

I think it's not only about the revenue for CIS but also for social security and medicare. After all if CIS will succeed in kicking some of them out of the country this will be a good gain for SS and medicare. It's probably viewed as a way ti 'fix' SS.

Not much...HR neer to fill up form I-9 along with EVL..There is a list of steps if you want to file AC-21 on its own. let me know if you are intrested.

It is a little risk but every comapny doesn't offer H1 transfer and who offers pay will be less..:mad: so no need to take risk...:confused:

I am debating whether to use EAD or pay the 5k and take some risks.

when I contacted my attorney she advised we file for a new 3 yrs visa extension (because I 140 is alread approved). She also mentioned I can use EAD to work however, consider the following:
1- sometimes, EAD renewal takes longer than expected, I ve seen cases where it took 8 months to renew. in the meanwhile, you can't work until you receive the new card.
2- if u switch to EAD, your immigration status changes immediately from non-immigrant to immigrant, so if your I485 case is denied, your immigration status changes immediately to illigal. I know it is a small risk, but still, it is a risk that someone in this forum mentioned lost sleep over for sometimes.

Also, I got conflicted info about who to notify if I use EAD for my new job. my attorney mentioned that if I use my EAD, I don't need to notify immigration of my status change. but I read somewhere that my new employer has to fill-up some form and mail it out to someone. if anyone know the process, please advise?

From that link,
Cabrera claims the $370 fee is a small price to pay for the opportunity to live in the United States and a necessary measure to recover agency costs.

“All of the money that we need to pay our employees, to do the FBI background checks, to do all the improvements that the immigrant community asks us to do, all of that costs us money, and it’s not money that is appropriated by Congress,” she adds.

wow. They need money to enhance national security ( FBI name check is to increase national security ) from applicants pockets. What a dumb congress of smartest democrazy on earth not allocating enough funds for FBI !
USCIS take applicants money and use a portion of it to fund enforcement activities and not for all those enhancements that we get thrilled about every day. What a pack of jokers.