TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

What the heck ! Just grant the GC if basic security checks are met. For eg. no records with FOIPA. FP is clear . IBIS is clear etc. Let the name check run in the background . If namecheck comes back with negative information, cancel the GC and take the applicant to immigration court and detain/deport.

I admit this has negative effects:

1. USCIS and lawyers miss revenues for the 4th and 5th EAD,AP etc.
2. Employer leeches no more can insert the 'influence' on the GC aspirant.

Take an infopass instead

Here's something intersting: Yesterday, I called TSC with a question on when my namecheck was initiated (my i485 RD is october 2003) and was very much surprised to hear that this info is a secret, the IO wouldn't let me know that. When I said I was absolutely sure other people get this info from CIS the lady said that was the case but not any longer. Please share if anybody had the same experience. One of my hypothesis about these long waits for the NC be cleared is that these (maybe some) cases were cleared once but the visa numbers were assigned to other people. I recall there was some mentioning on CNN that last year 30,000 GCs were issued to those who didn't qualify at that time. My guess the number of those who qualified and the number of issued visas should agree. The only way to make the ends meet is to delay some cases and initiate another NC after a waiting period.

Leo_1003,
I felt IOs at infopass are easily approachable compared those good-for-nothing IOs at Service centers TSC to be more specific.Try to take an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and speak to an IO in person.I was able to find out that my namecheck is pending and was initiated on 08/04 thru Infopass.

I get less than 1000 matches when I search for my full name on google, I however really doubt that, this is a good indication of your wait in NC.

I do not get a single matching name (first and last), have a very rare combination, as far as I know there are only 3 people with my fist and last name in my home country(I know them all)
Still stuck UP- so nol logic of how commom the name is, My friend has a commonmost Muslim Name (at least there sould be 1 million people with his Last and first name) and he got clered within 2 months.

Leo_1003,
I felt IOs at infopass are easily approachable compared those good-for-nothing IOs at Service centers TSC to be more specific.Try to take an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and speak to an IO in person.I was able to find out that my namecheck is pending and was initiated on 08/04 thru Infopass.

Thanks for the advice Hariom. I don't think knowing when the NC was initiated will help anyone. My point is that I don't see any reasonable explanation to the fact that CIS is instructing IOs to conceal this type of info but I'd like to have an explanation.

I do not get a single matching name (first and last), have a very rare combination, as far as I know there are only 3 people with my fist and last name in my home country(I know them all)
Still stuck UP- so nol logic of how commom the name is, My friend has a commonmost Muslim Name (at least there sould be 1 million people with his Last and first name) and he got clered within 2 months.

My hypothesis is that there may be only a proxy connection between the frequency of occurrence of the name and the time required to be cleared. Say, if the people were selected for the long wait randomly (or for a reason, which we don't know) it would be logical to select common names so that the long waiting times would have some meaningful explanation.

Actually that might go against you. They might think, you are extremely sophisticated that they can not even find anyone with your name. So most probably a big team is working on your file to find something against you and till they find something, your NC will be pending :D

great idea

very good idea, gc_mania. Try passing it around to the authorities/lawyers/press/politicians and maybe somebody will push for it, though as you said, there is no incentive for them to do it. Also in these times of 'high security' no politician will support this suggestion. Gotta wait till the election is over in 08 to push it. Till then, lawsuits are the only way to get the message across.

It may not be just name alone

I think country/ethnicity/gender etc matters. I suspect there may be country specific queue once one's name is hit. I was amazed how applicants from less populous countries get cleared fast ( i am not sure whether only the happy ones come to the forum and post their approvals.).

For eg. if you consider applicants from Bangladesh and look up the trackitt.com you can see all of them got approved within 1 year. From other forums folks reported approvals within 3 months.

A quick question.

My green card application was recently approved and i received the green card today. Do i need to do anything else? like stamping on Passport etc? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

As long as everything on the card is correct, then I don't think there is anything you need to do immigre-wise. Let your employer know so they do a new I-9 form for you. Also go to your local SS office to replace the old card with a new one (which has no work restriction).

My green card application was recently approved and i received the green card today. Do i need to do anything else? like stamping on Passport etc? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I think country/ethnicity/gender etc matters. I suspect there may be country specific queue once one's name is hit.

That's what I thought, although not confirmed in any way, and I don't think it will never be confirmed because there is no way they ever openly and officially admit they are doing racial/ethnic/country etc profiling. But if the purpose of NC is indeed security check, how could they NOT use those pieces of information? I personally feel it would be naive to assume otherwise.

Thank you. SS Office? Social Security Office? Does this mean my SSN will change? Please let me know.

As long as everything on the card is correct, then I don't think there is anything you need to do immigre-wise. Let your employer know so they do a new I-9 form for you. Also go to your local SS office to replace the old card with a new one (which has no work restriction).

No, your number remains the same (it stays with you permanently). You just need to go get a new card with the "Work only with DHS authorization" restriction removed.

Thank you. SS Office? Social Security Office? Does this mean my SSN will change? Please let me know.

EB3 july 2nd filing

As per October Bulletin EB3 priority 04/01/2001.
Mine is July 2002 so when can i expect GC,currently i got all reciepts(140/485/EAD/AP).If anybody in the same boat please share your experience.

My details :
EB3 PD:07/2002, India
Recieved date : 2nd July,2007
Reciept date 140/485: 08/31/07,
FP:09/05/2007

Thanks
Sheker

I think country/ethnicity/gender etc matters. I suspect there may be country specific queue once one's name is hit. I was amazed how applicants from less populous countries get cleared fast ( i am not sure whether only the happy ones come to the forum and post their approvals.).

For eg. if you consider applicants from Bangladesh and look up the trackitt.com you can see all of them got approved within 1 year. From other forums folks reported approvals within 3 months.

A response from the FBI on that matter is that "some countries provide poor cooperation" so it takes longer for people from those countries. at least this is how it's explained to a congressman

AP approved

I filed AP application on 7/26/2007. It got approved yesterday. Yet to receive the hard copy. Same day filed for my wife also. Still waiting approval.

FBI name check

Someone from the group mentioned that Bangladeshi applicants getting GC faster than other countries. This is true for few people but there are lot of people stuck in name check like me. I'm stuck in NC for 10 months but it can be longer. One good thing for Indians are faster visa issuing process in native country. For example my parents got rejeced tourist visa twice. I've provided bundles of paper but no use. Officer told last name (9/12) "visa policy is very strict now. We cannot issue at this time." May be date was not favorable as interview date was close date to 9/11. Couple of my friends were working on H1 in USA. After 2-3 years they went home to get married and renew the visa. One is stuck for 1.5 years, Other 2 got at 9 months and at 11 months. Indians donot have to face these kind of problem. When Indian/other country apply for H1 they issue visa same as the time of H1 validity. For Bangladesh they issue for 1 year max. Frustration is just going up and up.........

GCcracker

Someone from the group mentioned that Bangladeshi applicants getting GC faster than other countries. This is true for few people but there are lot of people stuck in name check like me. I'm stuck in NC for 10 months but it can be longer. One good thing for Indians are faster visa issuing process in native country. For example my parents got rejeced tourist visa twice. I've provided bundles of paper but no use. Officer told last name (9/12) "visa policy is very strict now. We cannot issue at this time." May be date was not favorable as interview date was close date to 9/11. Couple of my friends were working on H1 in USA. After 2-3 years they went home to get married and renew the visa. One is stuck for 1.5 years, Other 2 got at 9 months and at 11 months. Indians donot have to face these kind of problem. When Indian/other country apply for H1 they issue visa same as the time of H1 validity. For Bangladesh they issue for 1 year max. Frustration is just going up and up.........

GCcracker

Sorry to hear that.
As for tourist visa, some Indian parents also get their visa rejected ( heard 3 times in one case ). Haven't heard much about h1b's getting stuck at home because of security check. But attorney always warn about such a risk.
The better thing will be to enter on AP. I understand different nationalities have different problems at various stages of immigration. The current comparison was with respect to I-485 approval time.