TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I know your frustration man
Same from me also, lot of depression,
i asked the question to Prakash Khatri also why USCIS not approving 2006 original filers from TSC , He said he'll let USCIS know about our concerns
but no vain man

but one day we'll get ...but WHEN??????
patience is dying down from me

To add salt to the wound, two of co-workers who filed labor in arp 2005 got approved last month. Never thought life will make me so selfish. I am sorry, I just could not be poar of their happiness.

Well, I am not so sure. Govt officials are already taking about the fixing FBI Name check thing along side a warning that it willl get worse before it get fixed.
And I do believe them and take them seriously after being the viction of US DOL backlog elimination certers.

So my friends, plesae pray that you get out of this mess before they started fixing it. Because if we don't .. boy our GC will joke like my y previous post.

I don't know why they don't start a premium processing for namecheck. After all, we are in a capitalist country! if you pay your work will get done. I paid $1K for my I-140 and it got approved in less than two weeks. It might seem too much now but I think in the long run, 1K is nothing. It brings peace of mind to everybody. Of course, I don't expect the namecheck PP to be two weeks. If there is a gaurantee it will be done in a few month, I will pay for it. This is less hassle than having to file WOM after 3-4 years!

I suggested this to the CIS Ombudsman and got an acknoledgement email from him. I hope others have done this as well and the USCIS and FBI think about implementing it.

This is all true if we assume that FBI lacks resources for doing the namecheck on time. But if they are holding some people intentionally, that's another story!

I don't know why they don't start a premium processing for namecheck. After all, we are in a capitalist country! if you pay your work will get done. I paid $1K for my I-140 and it got approved in less than two weeks. It might seem too much now but I think in the long run, 1K is nothing. It brings peace of mind to everybody. Of course, I don't expect the namecheck PP to be two weeks. If there is a gaurantee it will be done in a few month, I will pay for it. This is less hassle than having to file WOM after 3-4 years!

I suggested this to the CIS Ombudsman and got an acknoledgement email from him. I hope others have done this as well and the USCIS and FBI think about implementing it.

This is all true if we assume that FBI lacks resources for doing the namecheck on time. But if they are holding some people intentionally, that's another story!

Well, I don't get it. This will sound like extortion from their side, isn't it? "Unless you pay me I won't process your case." This doesn't sound good. It also doesn't sound fair to pay for a "speedy processing" after 4 years of waiting.

I gather they are not processing our cases now. In case they are actually processing our cases it means the processing takes soooo long; then, paying more money wouldn't help because it just takes sooooo long.

The bottom line is that I'm inclined to think they are holding some people intentionally.

Well, I don't get it. This will sound like extortion from their side, isn't it? "Unless you pay me I won't process your case." This doesn't sound good. It also doesn't sound fair to pay for a "speedy processing" after 4 years of waiting.

I gather they are not processing our cases now. In case they are actually processing our cases it means the processing takes soooo long; then, paying more money wouldn't help because it just takes sooooo long.

The bottom line is that I'm inclined to think they are holding some people intentionally.

Well, I agree that if they are holding people intentionally, nothing can help.

But on the other hand, what other options do we have?

Legal immigration issue does not have any priority anywhere in this country. Nobody even cares about that. You know why? because You and I either have to wait and suffer for our applications to be approved during which we have to work here and keep our employers happy. Or, we have to leave and go to Canada or our home country. In case of the latter, officials think that there are so many applicants that the position which will open after we leave will be filled fast. Therefore, nobody really cares if we become permanent resident or not. It won't affect the functionality of the country.

Therefore, now that we basically have no voice, I personally think it is better to deal with these guys.

Let me give you my own example, I filed a 485 thru DV lottery in 2003, which was denied because my namecheck was not received on time by the USCIS. Recently, I got a letter from FBI in response to the letter I sent to the first lady, saying that my namecheck has been pending since 2003! Now, I have two options:

1. sit and do nothing and be hopeful maybe somebody looks at my namecheck someday
3. Force USCIS through WOM to expedite my namecheck, this is not readily done these days and the cost of lawyer and other fees is more than $1K

Therefore, based on above, the PP option sounds reasonable although it is very unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $1K for my I-140 and it got approved in less than two weeks. story!

The Primium for I-140 is a teaser from USCIS. I am sorry to say that you have wasted your money with this premium process. Immigration department will never do a premium process for Labor Certification and 485.

I have two I-140s and both are normal process. See, without I-485, I-140 is just a junk. It is basically goverment way to cheat people with out actually giving them anything at all.

If they ever at all come up with Premium Labor or Permium I-485, everybody will go for that. USCIS already know about it. Nobody has to suggest this to them. But they won't, because ... WELL WE ALL KNOW., don't we..

That is not correct. A lot of people from all the other months are also waiting. The fact that June/July got highlighted is that someone initially came up with tis theorey and it got attention of all the people from June/July and kept multiplying by itself...

For example, I am from October... same thing...stuck in name check...

This is correct man, as you can see only June/July original TSC filers are waiting...

That is not correct. A lot of people from all the other months are also waiting. The fact that June/July got highlighted is that someone initially came up with tis theorey and it got attention of all the people from June/July and kept multiplying by itself...

For example, I am from October... same thing...stuck in name check...

dont know man, why USCIS not looking into original filers from TSC
before VSC transferred cases we used see lot of approvals from early 2006 filers
but once VSC transferred cases came ot tSC, they stopped and issuing only VSC cases
we can see only a fraction of half percentage of original TSC filers got their approvals

yes, june-sept or something is probably not a correct way of putting it my bad...

it seems like original TSC cases are not getting approved and given that original TSC folks includes a bunch of filers who have current PD (in sept) they should be approving them instead of folks who are supposedly NOT current as per bulletin.

Thats what "namecheck" is. It is a legal way of profiling. If your first/last name doesn't sound right or you are from a specific country then we will keep you waiting forever. I don't have a problem with them profiling, like in the airport, it just has to be in reasonable time frame. If regular namecheck takes one week then the oddballs should not take more than 4 weeks.

Thats what "namecheck" is. It is a legal way of profiling. If your first/last name doesn't sound right or you are from a specific country then we will keep you waiting forever. I don't have a problem with them profiling, like in the airport, it just has to be in reasonable time frame. If regular namecheck takes one week then the oddballs should not take more than 4 weeks.

Does anybody know how many get their I-485 rejected exclusively because of the negative FBI report ? I think USCIS Ombudsman also had the same doubt, but he didn't get answer.

How does on contact a congress rep

I was wondering how is that done?

Just back from Infopass appnt - Still stuck in name check

Just came back from Infopass - Still stuck in name check ! Meanwhile my wife's name cleared. But i am the primary. I have to agree to gc_mania's google theory. My wife's name is not that common. But parts of my name combinations are very popular ( thousands of google hits).

Infopass. How?

Hi, I would like to schedule an Infopass as well. How early one can schedule an appointment? I mean, is it possible to schedule a time just next day?
Just came back from Infopass - Still stuck in name check ! Meanwhile my wife's name cleared. But i am the primary. I have to agree to gc_mania's google theory. My wife's name is not that common. But parts of my name combinations are very popular ( thousands of google hits).

I am still stuck. My wife's name cleared more than 14 months ago.

As for theory, I get less than 60K hits while my wife's name gets 100K hits.

It is more than name hits. I wonder why only primary applicants name check gets stuck and not derivative.

I had the same theory

I am still stuck. My wife's name cleared more than 14 months ago.

As for theory, I get less than 60K hits while my wife's name gets 100K hits.

It is more than name hits. I wonder why only primary applicants name check gets stuck and not derivative.

I had the same theory before my case approval. I get a million hits if google my name. Actually I would have been a happy man, had they cleared my name check. But USCIS kind enough approve my case.

Good news. Hope they implement something.

But what about short term waiters who have spent 1+ year in this prison.

Think about this, two applicant file Labor on say Jan 1 2002
Then one gets Labor cleared in 2004 and files 485 say in October 2004. Another one like several thousond of us rot in PBEC and DBEC. They get labor cleared in 2006 and file in say July 2006. They are 1+ year victim but person whose RD is 2004 is granted a 3 + victim status. To me both have sufferered and actually the one's who filed after suffering BEC have suffered more as they did not even have the coverage of EAD. I spent sleepless nights when a layoff was looming in my company and H1B clock ticking down to last months.

In short I do not see this as justice to BEC sufferers. If there is fairness in system it should come by taking P.D strictly in to account.

There is no faire
... over there.

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263435

Not sure if there is truth to it... but it'd be great if they are seriously considering some solution to long waiters.