TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Now, some employers won't like what i propose below ( how many employers like the employee getting bargaining power ).
What about a "conditional/restricted" GC to applicants who don't have any other issues other than being stuck in background check. This type of GC should enable the applicants

1. To freely change the employer ( any location)
2. No restrictions on travel

Once the security check is cleared , the "full blown/ripened" GC is awarded.
How do you guys feel about this proposal ?

I am OK with your idea. Of course, USCIS might say that EAD/AP combination serves as what you proposed and you can change your employer 6month after your 485 has been pending. Why don't you send it to the CIS Ombudsman. You can email it to him and he will consider it.

See http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Useless

Great idea. Unfortunately like all other great ideas it'll get tossed into the immigration trash can. One thing i've learnt - no point in fantasizing over how EB immigration can be improved because it won't happen.

On a separate topic looks like EB-2 approvals of people who filed in 2005 are starting. Original positing below:

I-485 approved
http://www.ImmigrationPortal.com/showthread.php?p=1707228#post1707228
Posted by: labor_cert
On: 23rd June 2007 08:55 AM

Here are my details:

EB2/RIR India
PD - 3/29/03
Filed 140 & 485 - 9/30/05
1st FP (code 3) - 3/16/06
2nd FP code 1 (for me only) - 6/6/07
(no LUD after my 2nd FP)
485 Approved, welcome email - 6/21/07

I think once Jul starts we'll see a flood of these. By end of Jul all EB-2's would be gone. Great job DoS/USCIS, you're the greatest..

Now, some employers won't like what i propose below ( how many employers like the employee getting bargaining power ).
What about a "conditional/restricted" GC to applicants who don't have any other issues other than being stuck in background check. This type of GC should enable the applicants

1. To freely change the employer ( any location)
2. No restrictions on travel

Once the security check is cleared , the "full blown/ripened" GC is awarded.
How do you guys feel about this proposal ?

company(who filed my GC) goes bankruptcy, pending 485, 140 approved

My 485 transferred from VSC to TSC.

My I-140 was approved in 2004. I-485 has been pending since 2004.
I am using H1 to work for the current company, which sponsors my green card application.

My questions are:

if my current company(who filed my GC) goes bankruptcy, will my I-485 get affected?

If the answer is "Yes", should I look for another job before the company goes bankrupt?

I can go to different company using AC21, but you know if I move to another company, I have to make sure that I should get the same title and same roles that what I am doing right now, it's not easy to get same title and roles unless you know the company very well.I am reluctant to do this unless I don't have an option..since JULY 1st onwards for all categories going to be current, I don't want to be messed up my GC because of this.

Anybody come across this kind of situation OR any suggestions would be appreciated

Company goes Bankruptcy

Checking Company's financial ability is completed during i-140 process itself. I don't think you will have problem unless USCIS checks the company's details again during i-485 process and that is not going to happen.

Good Luck.

I am using H1 to work for the current company, which sponsors my green card application.

My questions are:

if my current company(who filed my GC) goes bankruptcy, will my I-485 get affected?

If the answer is "Yes", should I look for another job before the company goes bankrupt?

I can go to different company using AC21, but you know if I move to another company, I have to make sure that I should get the same title and same roles that what I am doing right now, it's not easy to get same title and roles unless you know the company very well.I am reluctant to do this unless I don't have an option..since JULY 1st onwards for all categories going to be current, I don't want to be messed up my GC because of this.

Anybody come across this kind of situation OR any suggestions would be appreciated

I have one of my friend who is on EAD for last 3 years. Changed several jobs and even was with out job for several months on EAD. Now he is doing contracting on his EAD. So I don't know what is the deal there. Actually USCIS guideline is so vague that nobody can give a definite answer.
I would consult my immigration attorney.
It may be a good idea for you to watch your own situatiuon. Because of bankcrupcy if you company really lays you off, you would need to find another job anyway. So it would be a good idea to keep searching similar job now, when you have time in your hand and keep a good rapo with the current company.

Just my oppinion.

use H1 transfer

My questions are:

You can make a h1 transfer to join another company.

Approved!!!!

I received the magical e-mail this morning finally

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On June 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
On June 25, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

2getgc, congratulations! :) That's an amazing news. Enjoy it and goodluck.

congratulations 2getgc, after a long time we are seeing EB2 approval originally filed in TSC

My questions are:

1. You should look for another company. At all times when your 485 is pending, your I-140 should have an sponsor. After six month, this sponsor can be a company or you yourself can become a consultant. Search for AC-21 in this forum, I posted some links to USCIS memorandums a few month ago which makes it clear who similar your job should be to your old job and how you can become a consultant.

2. If you decide to work for a company, it is better if you transfer your H1-B visa to that company. In case your PR application gets messed up if you are on H1, you are still legal otherwise you will be out of status.

Thanks for your reply.

I heard from somebody eventhough company filed banruptcy, as long as working with the company and getting paid then I485 process would not be affected..

Is this correct?

congratulations! Did you write any letter to anybody for speeding up your I485 before it got approved?

What's the letters on 06/06/07 and 01/11/07 about?

2getgc, Congratulation!

I have a question about the two letters you got on 06/06/07 and 01/17/07? Would you mind sharing information about the two letters? Is it RFE or change of address or other notices?

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations! Did you write any letter to anybody for speeding up your I485 before it got approved?

I wrote a letter to first lady to expedite my FBI NC. It seems to be helpful since FBI finalized my NC after they recieved the letter.

I also wrote a letter to Senetor 10 days ago for speeding up my 485.

Stuck in name check

Hello everyone,

I am stuck in namecheck since when don't know. Never took an infopass. Since Jan I am getting letters from USCIS in response to enquiries initiated by me and my lawyer that they can't give a decision on my case as my name check is pending. After getting inspiration and valuable guidance from this forum members I wrote letters to 1 congressman, 3 senators, 3 people in FBI, and first lady (Letters sent April end). Recieved replies from local congressman and Senator John Cornyn that nothing can be done as my case is pending with FBI and how important namecheck is for national security. Can't be expedited. This saturday I recieved a mail from FBI director Mr. David Garrity saying that my case has been forwarded to Name check division and future enquiries need to be done with that division. Gurus, do you think someone will look at my file now or it is just a standard message. I feel very depressed. I feel happy for thousands of immigrant petetioners who couldn't even apply their I-485 and EAD's due to retrogression and will be able to apply in july, but I also feel very sad for people like us stuck in name check as with new applications coming there will be more delays for applications that are pending.

Hoping everyone stuck in name check gets cleared soon.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

I heard from somebody eventhough company filed banruptcy, as long as working with the company and getting paid then I485 process would not be affected..

Is this correct?

Hi,

I have no idea how bankruptcy of the company might affect your I-485, but I guess as long as they are paying you and are wiling to keep you as their employee, you should be fine. Talk to the company attorney about this, he/she should be able to give you a better advice on this.

2getgc, Congratulation!

I have a question about the two letters you got on 06/06/07 and 01/17/07? Would you mind sharing information about the two letters? Is it RFE or change of address or other notices?

They were the letters from USCIS to reply my case inquiries. I didn't recieve any REF.
I made three queries totally. Two of them had LUDs

Hi Everyone,
I got the magical e-mail saying card production ordered today.
I have been the silent member of this forum. This forum has been wonderful,
Keeping me company during the wait time.
Thanks to all the members for their valuable contributions.
Goodluck to evrybody, Hope Everybody gets their GC soon.

2getgc,
My sincere conratulations!
I am EB2, world, I-485 pending since May 24th, 2006. Stuck in name check.
I was wondering if the response you got from USCIS on 06/06/07 was this "delayed due to your background investigation remains open" letter.
Was it the case? :p

Last edited by a moderator: