TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Processing times

It will take 6 month for EAD and AP. but 485 only needs 3 months. It is hard to believe! Just like a joke!

This week I recieved a letter from USCIS claimed that my 485 case was still within processing time. Please note I submitted my case on May 2, 2006.

I really felt it is a typo. It may be March 15, 2006????

Look at I-131 at NSC. They went back to June 2006. I think they mixed I-131 and I-485. So now you have to apply one year ahead of time for travel document!!

What about those from India ? They are close to Bangladesh.

B'desh and India ONLY share Geographical Borders!!!!
In case if GC process India is lagging by 4-5 years compare to B'desh,

and in GC lottery India is lagging to B'desh by infinite...years!!!
:D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only is there a flood of new applications, but people who filed in 2003/2004 are making daily calls using POJ trick, trying to get their own case approved. This slows them down even more, makes service reps even more grumpy and makes things worse for all of us in general. The way I see it, those who filed in 2006 will have to wait till Oct at the earliest.

flood of new I-485 approvels, Expect more delays

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=TSC

In a sense, they are INVITING a flood of POJ calls. If they provided more detailed, reliable information via secure online, people wouldn't have to make those daily calls by significantly reducing productivity at BOTH the ends. Then again, CIS is such a tech-savvy agency any implementation of such a system would be 100 years away.

This new processing time is crap. So many 2005/2006 filers not approved, and now they claim with a straight face that they are processing 2007 cases.

Not only is there a flood of new applications, but people who filed in 2003/2004 are making daily calls using POJ trick, trying to get their own case approved. This slows them down even more, makes service reps even more grumpy and makes things worse for all of us in general. The way I see it, those who filed in 2006 will have to wait till Oct at the earliest.

This new processing time is crap. So many 2005/2006 filers not approved, and now they claim with a straight face that they are processing 2007 cases.

They don't count cases stuck in background check ( they don't need to spend the approval part of the process for such cases) , since that is not their problem.

3 months for I-485

They don't count cases stuck in background check ( they don't need to spend the approval part of the process for such cases) , since that is not their problem.

You are right. Nevertheless, 3 months and for all service centers?! What a harmony! I can not imagine all centers reached that degree of efficiency just over one month. Yet I-131 and I-765 filers are retrogressed several months back. If they could process I-485 in 3 months already, why would they increase the fee from $395 to $1010. One of the major goals of this fee increase is to cut the processing time from 6 to 4 months. Well, Job well done already!
This is a joke..

Now this a funny story...

I had been told twice that My name check has been cleared,

First Inquiry Letter received in Jan, 07 says - I will receive a decision or Notice of action within 60 days.

After 90 days of the first letter, I initiated another inquiry..
Second letter says - My background check is still open,

Why the heck they say (twice ) that the Name check is cleared, and

also the first letter never mentions any background check but says decision or notice of action will be within 60 days...

Well.. i had the plan - if nothing comes by better move to Europe......can't screw up career any more..already wasted 6 years for US GC and got nicely exploited by the employer.

In the same boat

Now this a funny story...

I had been told twice that My name check has been cleared,

First Inquiry Letter received in Jan, 07 says - I will receive a decision or Notice of action within 60 days.

After 90 days of the first letter, I initiated another inquiry..
Second letter says - My background check is still open,

Why the heck they say (twice ) that the Name check is cleared, and

also the first letter never mentions any background check but says decision or notice of action will be within 60 days...

Well.. i had the plan - if nothing comes by better move to Europe......can't screw up career any more..already wasted 6 years for US GC and got nicely exploited by the employer.

My PD is 9/2002 and my RD is 05/03/06. We are in the same boat. I do not know why our cases are stuck. I called the congressman and the reply was my case is still within the 'process time' and i should initiate the enquiry later!

What the heck !

Now if you want to be really astonished, check the processing times! It is March 15, 2007 for all service centers. Yes, it is 2007! I have no idea how the heck they can say they are processing March 15th 2007!!!!

The Real Thing Which Scares Me Is.....

that now we could be out of EAD or AP status before our renewal EAD/AP applications get approved because if I submit my I-765 even this month, I will have no gaurantee that I will get it approved before the expiration date of my current EAD (which is October)!!!

Technically, I could lose my job simply because USCIS is doing thing wrong. Great job!!!! USCIS!!!!!

Now if you want to be really astonished, check the processing times! It is March 15, 2007 for all service centers. Yes, it is 2007! I have no idea how the heck they can say they are processing March 15th 2007!!!!

They (USCIS) is correct claiming March 15th 2007, Because they touched one application of each type..for a non retro Country which was filed on March 15th, 2007!!!

Typical Govt workers - getting around with excuses..:D :D :D

My PD is 9/2002 and my RD is 05/03/06. We are in the same boat. I do not know why our cases are stuck. I called the congressman and the reply was my case is still within the 'process time' and i should initiate the enquiry later!

the worst part is they told me twice that Name check is cleared and the first letter also did not mention anything about background check but says will take a decision within 60 days!!!!!

Now I wish I was in India - I must have spanked that Babu nicely...

Did you get it in writing that name check is cleared ?

the worst part is they told me twice that Name check is cleared and the first letter also did not mention anything about background check but says will take a decision within 60 days!!!!!

Now I wish I was in India - I must have spanked that Babu nicely...

With the new load of applications ( and fixed USCIS resource ) the mayhem is going to get grand..

My wife received a fingerprinting notice for Jun 23 at Norfolk office. However the notice was issued by TSC on June 9. Its Code 1 fingerprinting. Do they send file back to the service center after the interview?
Do you guys know, how long it takes to receive the physical GC after the interview? Your help is appreciated.