TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Name Check is different from Finger Print Check.

Finger Print check typically completes within a day. It is the Name Check that is the culprit in most cases. And going by people's experiences, it is hard to find out if your name check is clear or not unless you inquire thru senator/congressman or take an infopass appt.

Given that you are still waiting since 2005, you are probably stuck in Name check.

As so many of us are stuck because of name check, so i decided to call FBI todayto find out the name check formality completion.

The lady responded that after taking my second FP on May 8th, they have sent the report to USCIS same day. She did not provided more info what was in that report.

Does this mean that name check is cleared?
Does anyone have similar experiences??

PD: Aug 2004
I-485, EAD, AP: 4/2005

Name Check is different from Finger Print Check.

Finger Print check typically completes within a day. It is the Name Check that is the culprit in most cases. And going by people's experiences, it is hard to find out if your name check is clear or not unless you inquire thru senator/congressman or take an infopass appt.

Given that you are still waiting since 2005, you are probably stuck in Name check.

Thanks,
I guess I'll take two prong approach: Infopass and Senator/Congressman.
Also, my priority date is still not current...just trying to be proactive on this issue.

PD: EB2 Aug 2004
I-485, EAD, AP: 4/2005

Anyone with similiar experience....

I called USCIS on 03.09.07 and after a month I got a letter from TSC saying that "We are unable to complete the card with the documents initially submitted. A complete I-89 with photos is required to complete the processing"

Took infopass appointment and went to local INS office (04.25.07). INS officer didnt answer whether the GC was approved or not but just took my finger prints and photos on I-89 form. I dont know whats happening. Its almost a month now but didnt hear anything and no LUDs since 04.07.07

Please help me....anyone got similar letters?
Also please add my details to the tracking list....

thanks a lot guys.

just to let you know, i'm an fellow who had to register always in NSEERS. so i think NSEERS background check didn't affect my application. good luck all.

I don't think NSEERS does anything to do with namecheck. I had to do that too. I am still stuck and will send an email to my state senator, firstlady and the CIS Ombudsman by the end of next week.

USCIS did not respond to my official inquiry request which was submitted 36 days ago.

Hi all,

finally today ,after more than 3 years in this messy journey, I got the magic emails that my case has been aproved.

this forum has been very beneficial to me. i learned a lot from it. i hope that all of you guys get your GC soon.

Congrats antonioa77 !
As for your namecheck clearance i still believe it cleared on its own boosted by the fact that you are not from India/China.

Folks from India/China,

who have been stuck in background check , did any of you get namcheck clearance after writing to FL ? If i see 5 such cases reported here, i will believe that contacting FL effects expedites namecheck. Otherwise the only advantage i see is

1. You get formal communication from FBI regarding namecheck and you can
detetct any communication gap between FBI and USCIS ( as reported in some
thread FBI returned the result, but USCIS was just sitting on it etc ).

Congrats antonioa77 !
As for your namecheck clearance i still believe it cleared on its own boosted by the fact that you are not from India/China.

Folks from India/China,

who have been stuck in background check , did any of you get namcheck clearance after writing to FL ? If i see 5 such cases reported here, i will believe that contacting FL effects expedites namecheck. Otherwise the only advantage i see is

What is FL ?

Hi all,

finally today ,after more than 3 years in this messy journey, I got the magic emails that my case has been aproved.

this forum has been very beneficial to me. i learned a lot from it. i hope that all of you guys get your GC soon.

Congratulation!

Have you taken any ways to expidite CIS to process your case after your name check was cleared?

I believe that my name check got cleared after writing to Senator. I wrote at the same time to both Senator and FL, but got a response from Senator only asking for privacy release note. Senator office query to FBI is not intended to expedite name check, but only asks to review case, but eventually, the case is touched and it gets approved.

Congrats antonioa77 !

Folks from India/China,

Me too..stuck in namecheck.

Rajkiran2002us ----> JULY 06(NAME CHECK)

sai_krishna ----> JUNE 06 (NAMECHECK)

vbhatia ------> JUNE 06 (NAME CHECK)

NJay ----> JULY 06 (NAME CHECK)

prince123 ---> JULY 06 (Don't know whether it is namecheck or not ( most probably it is ))

ks_cc ---> APRIL 06 (NAME CHECK)

Dull in Dallas -----> MAY 06 (NAME CHECK)

rssa_07 ----> MAY 06 (NAME CHECK)

TSCEB2Current ----> JAN 06 (NAME CHECK)

bygdsgrc -----> JULY 06 (No approval yet)

imcdude -----> JULY 06 (NAME CHECK)

windingroad ---> JUNE 06 (NAME CHECK)

2getgc ------> May 06 (Still Pending)

ybnyk ---> July 06 (still Pending)

rajeshus99 ---> July 2006 (Still pending)

vivek_ananda ----> JUly 2006 (Name Check)

mitra88 -----> July 2006 (Name Check)

neargc ----> May 2006 (Still Pending)

navneetsharma ----> July 06 (Still Pending)

Gurus, Please shed some light on these issues for me.

PD...... dec 2001
Cat...... EB3 India
Labor approval ....july 2004
140,485 ... applied in oct 2004
Fp : NOV 2004
140 approval .... March 2005
485 .... March 15th 2007...received a mail saying case transferred to TSC from Vermont.
FP 2 ..... May 11 in Newark

what is this Name check everyone is talking about How do I know if I am victim of it ? Does getting FP2 has any significance ?
:confused: :confused:

By reading some of your posts, I am really have no clue of lot of issues you were doing to expediate your case. Please advise me what should and how should i expediate my case.

After renewing 3 sets of EADs and APs I am really running out of patienace.:mad:

Thank you in advance for your response.

I am new to this portal..Went thru some of the threads here...My case status is given below:

After my last LUD (May 8th), I spoke to TSC rep and then the officer in the same 1800 call. The info from Rep was not good enough, she was just reading out of the email I got. I was not satisfied, but somehow convinced her to connect me to the Officer, which she did. The officer cofirmed that MY CASE AND FILE HAVE JUST BEEN REQUESTED AND THAT IT IS A GOOD SIGN...HE REFUSED GIVE ANY SPECIFIC DATES BUT CONFIRMED WHAT I SHOULD LOOK FORWARD TO FIRST WEEK OF JUN 2007 ONWARDS.

My question: Do I need to do anything about the FP2 and Name check ? I appreciate all suggesitons. Thanks in advance!!!

Hi knowDOL
Thanks for the info. Actually my wife is in India and her AP is approved after she left USA. I was bit worried about the validity of that AP. By the way, which is your port of entry in US?
Regards
ybnyk

Hi ybnyk

At port of entry, I stood in NonUS citizens lane and gave officer both GC and passport. He looked at H-1B visa in my passport and asked me if I am on visa. I told him that GC is approved last week while I was in vacation. He just check GC and did not take any finger prints and told me to use the US Citizens lane next time. My friend forwarded me all important mail from IRS and USCIS to my Indian address, he did not open the cover. Officer did not ask question about how i got GC in my hands while I am out of USA.

Gurus,

Can anyone please guide me here?

After my last LUD (May 8th), I spoke to TSC rep and then the officer in the same 1800 call. The info from Rep was not good enough, she was just reading out of the email I got. I was not satisfied, but somehow convinced her to connect me to the Officer, which she did. The officer cofirmed that MY CASE AND FILE HAVE JUST BEEN REQUESTED AND THAT IT IS A GOOD SIGN...HE REFUSED GIVE ANY SPECIFIC DATES BUT CONFIRMED WHAT I SHOULD LOOK FORWARD TO FIRST WEEK OF JUN 2007 ONWARDS.

My question: Do I need to do anything about the FP2 and Name check ? I appreciate all suggesitons. Thanks in advance!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

A lot!!! Eventhough it's a little bit late, though.....:)

I hope you to enjoy your freedom from now on. So, you are graduating from this from, huh? I also feel sorry that I will be missing you here. Stop by whenever you have chance.

It seems like we are getting some approvals for those around mid 2006 now. I wonder when my time will be......

Hi all,

Congrats!!!!

Another gone...., but I'm happy for you! Especially one who has a similar RD as mine.... Enjoy your life!!!

Finally got approved after 4+ years of waiting, Thanks for all the support that you guys gave to me on this forum. Good luck to all you guys. :) :) :)