TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

So, it is known (atleast i get impression through these forums ) that a significant percentage of I-485 applicants from retrogressed countries
get stuck in background check ( Definition : Background check pending more than 6 months ).

Now the question is , on average how long it gets stuck ?
1 year ?
2 years ?
3 years ?
4 years ?

my friend

1- many people from retrogressed and nonretrogressed country get stuck in namecheck.

2- there is no average time to clear your namecheck. it is all luck.maybe 1 yr and maybe 4 yrs. nobody knows.

hope this helps.

my friend

1- many people from retrogressed and nonretrogressed country get stuck in namecheck.

2- there is no average time to clear your namecheck. it is all luck.maybe 1 yr and maybe 4 yrs. nobody knows.

hope this helps.

I think i should search fo statistics ( for eg. how many from a particular country applied in a year and how long it took etc ), but that is tough,
since FBI doesn't release such statistics.

Meanwhile , antonia77 , i a happy that FL helped you clear namecheck. But i asked a few people whether such a mechanism works. Seems people don't agree . So i believe your namecheck got cleared on its own in due course of time.

Received letter from FBI regarding my Name Check

I had written to First Lady Laura Bush on March 10th, 2007 regarding my pending Name Check. I did not attach any FOIPA.

Today I received a letter from FBI - the letter is dated May 3rd.

The letter basically says my Name Check was received on Aug 1st 2006 and is "in Process".

Last edited by a moderator:
I had written to First Lady Laura Bush on March 10th, 2007 regarding my pending Name Check.

Today I received a letter from FBI - the letter is dated May 3rd.

The letter basically says my Name Check was received on Aug 1st 2006 and is "in Process".

again and again, letters to First Lady without FOIPA have lower chances of making the namecheck cleared. it is statistically proven.

Last edited by a moderator:
again and again, letters to First Lady without FOIPA have lower chances of making the namecheck cleared. it is statistically proven.

When u request FOIA - is it just the one paper report FBI sends u saying No record, or do u have to request rap sheet also.

The FactSheet doc that come from FBI talks about different seraches they do - it also talks about NNCP - can I request that report myself .

Anyone!

Thank you for your response! Could you please let me know what is POJ technique?

im_1960,
The only definitive way to get information on your pending name check is to obtain an Infopass appointment, and speak with an immigration officer at the Application Support Center (ASC). You can try using the POJ method and asking about your case with an officer at the service center directly, but thats a crap shoot since you may end up talking to someone who won't entertain case status questions (the service center personnel are not supposed to reveal case information over the phone, such as name check).
Lastly, contact your elected officials, such as your congressperson for your congressional district and/or your US Senator's office. Their liaison's should be able to obtain this information for you.

Background checks cleared.....finally...now...!!!??

Hello everybody,

My application I-485 has been pending since Dec 2003 and the background checks have been cleared in Mar 2007 (after WOM filed in Jul 2006) and the 2nd fingerprints done 1st Jun 2007. Could anybody kindly let me know approximately how long before the "final adjudication" from now on. Also, would it jeopardise the process if out of the country for couple of weeks on vacation. Planning to be out for the 1st 2 weeks of Jun.

Thank you very much in advance
Best Regards,
Sam.

P.S: Background checks seem to be clearing kinda faster.......may b..... these days...( just a perception).

The time varies - in some cases, a case my be pre-adjudicated (basically they have looked at it, have approved everything else) and as soon as clearance is received, you will get approved in weeks. If they start looking at the rest of your 485 case after the clearance then it can be 2-3 months

Hello everybody,

My application I-485 has been pending since Dec 2003 and the background checks have been cleared in Mar 2007 (after WOM filed in Jul 2006) and the 2nd fingerprints done 1st Jun 2007. Could anybody kindly let me know approximately how long before the "final adjudication" from now on. Also, would it jeopardise the process if out of the country for couple of weeks on vacation. Planning to be out for the 1st 2 weeks of Jun.

Thank you very much in advance
Best Regards,
Sam.

P.S: Background checks seem to be clearing kinda faster.......may b..... these days...( just a perception).

Dont come out of the water for atleast another six months.

From your signature, you had two name check. Why is that? And why your second name check got cleared and the first one didn't? Even though for the exact the same person. That actually proves my theory.

Finally got the longggggg waited news and am so glad the journey is over. Now I join the club waiting for their spouse's 485 to be approved.

This forum has been extremly helpful. Keep up great work folks - I can tell you there are many who contribute here and many more like me who just read and benefit from your invaluable thoughts.

Hi! We are in the same boat. My I485 got approved on 4 May and I got my card on 11 May. However, my spouse case is still pending....:(

Inwater. I hope your gets clears sooo tooo.

Hi Inwater.

If you go through my post you will know the theory.

Looks like TSC re-requested SC/NCs to FBI for all the transfered cases. Mine if one of the transfered case. So the two requests in my signature.

I dont know why they did.

I sincearely hope your gets clears sooon tooo. Also these these days they speeded up the NC/SC process.

EAD approved / letter to FL

My EAD was approved today .However no update on wife's EAD. Our AP's(two times) and ,EAD's in the past were approved together.

Today I also sent request to First Lady about NC. I didn't attach FOIPA.

Last week I recived a call from a friend who was stuck in NC for two and a half years.He was glad as his NC got cleared after writing to FL. I had suggested him to do so in Feb and it worked for him. For stats purposes he also hadn't attached FOIPA etc .Just a regular mail.

Itraaz

What to do now?

I've called TSC and a lady identified herself as an immigration officer told me that everything has been cleared and my file is waiting in a batch to be dispersed to an immigration officer to review.

But that has been what they told me for the past couple times. What should I do now?

Anyone has similar experience? And how long does it take for the file to be cleared? Does that mean that I should get the approval fairly soon or am I just day dreaming? :confused: :confused:

I've called TSC and a lady identified herself as an immigration officer told me that everything has been cleared and my file is waiting in a batch to be dispersed to an immigration officer to review.

But that has been what they told me for the past couple times. What should I do now?

Anyone has similar experience? And how long does it take for the file to be cleared? Does that mean that I should get the approval fairly soon or am I just day dreaming? :confused: :confused:

when did u call them before? why don;t you open a service request? i'm have the same issue now, i just contacted TSC and informed me that my case is assigned to an officer.

Approval

I received the following email from USCIS last Thursday (May-10).
Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive the Approval Notice?
Is it just the regular US mail time from Dallas to my home city?
Cheers

-------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 10, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

I got exactly the same reponse three times that my case is ready to be assigned to immigration officer for review and eveything looks fine.

LC applied -06/06
APPROVED -06/06 ( 8 days)
I-140 applied 08/06
Approval 10/06 (56 days , 10 days after upgrade to PP)
I-485 applied 11/06
Biometrics taken 12/06 (15 days after applying)
Approval ........????

Terms

Please help me, what is this:

LUD:
FOIPA:

Thanks,

_____
EB3:
PD LC 07-13-03
LC approval from DOL: Nov 2006
I-140 approved: this year 2007 (I do not care any more)
___
EB2: through my spouse
I-485/I-140 file jointly with PD: 12-22-2006
I-140 Premium processing approved: 02-12-2007
EAD me: Jan-2007
EAD spouse: Feb-2007
Finger prints both: 03-01-2007
AP spouse: Feb-2007
AP me: still pending. Received a letter transfer from TC to Washington on Feb-07 and another letter notice for this same transfer on April-2007 from TC to Washington.

Approval - Please clarify

Please let me know your experience on this issue.

I received the following email from USCIS last Thursday (May-10).
Does anyone knows how long it takes to receive the Approval Notice?
Is it just the regular US mail time from Dallas to my home city?
Cheers

-------------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 10, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.