TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

So what is next after approval? When I had my fingerprinting, they didn't take any photos. How will they manufacture the card without recent photos?
The only photo they have what I filed in 8/2006 (I-485).

I guess they are going to use that photo..

They will ask you to do another FP. This has happened to many people even if their photos were already taken during the first FP after filing 485. They no longer use the pictures you mailed in. Wait for the notice in the mail.

You can walk in and do your FP sooner in most cases to get your card faster. Good luck.

I received a notice that my card has been sent by mail. So, I assume that they are indeed using that the photos that I mailed in...

Current on Visa bulliten means you could apply I-485 (AOS) or I-824 (Consulate) right now. Here is one example, say your priority date for LC was 06/06/2003, your LC got approved 09/06/2006 and you are in EB1 category then you could apply for AOS now, say you are in EB3 category and you are from India then you will not be able apply, you have to wait until Visa number become current. Processing time on USCIS website is telling you which application they are processing now based on application notice date. Hope it helps.

Hi all

I have a quick question. I filed for I-140 on November 24 2006 and got it approved (in EB1) on Dec 6 2006, I had also filed the I-485 concurrent with the I-140 at the same time (November 24 2006). I checked the processing times for the employment based petitions and it shows the dates of October 14 2006 (updated April 18 2007). Also the visa bulliten shows the dates to be current for this category. What does all this mean for the green card approval.

That is good to know. Thanks. But your signature indicates that you did a code 3 FP before, which should include a digital photo. So maybe USCIS is using that photo for your green card. I'm pretty certain there were a few reports not long ago about the policy change that they no longer use mailed photo for certain immi documents including the card. Either way it is no big deal as long as it is approved :)

I received a notice that my card has been sent by mail. So, I assume that they are indeed using that the photos that I mailed in...

AP approved yesterday

My AP / EAD renewal was received on Apr 05,07 . On May 2 I noted a
LUD on AP . On may 8th in the evening I saw emails conveying
approvals. There was a LUD today again on APs.

Thanks
Itraaz

NNCP fax/ email #

Is there an email address/ fax # to make an inquiry with NNCP or FBI regarding the name check? Thanks!

Short answer is None.

In past there was a phone number and email given by FBI. Now no one answers that.

There is no agency by name of NNCP. It is FBI which conducts this check.

Is there an email address/ fax # to make an inquiry with NNCP or FBI regarding the name check? Thanks!

Short answer is None.

In past there was a phone number and email given by FBI. Now no one answers that.

There is no agency by name of NNCP. It is FBI which conducts this check.

NNCP= NATIONAL NAMECHECK PROGRAMm, it is a departement within FBI that conducts namecheck. So YES NNCP exists.

That is good to know. Thanks. But your signature indicates that you did a code 3 FP before, which should include a digital photo. So maybe USCIS is using that photo for your green card. I'm pretty certain there were a few reports not long ago about the policy change that they no longer use mailed photo for certain immi documents including the card. Either way it is no big deal as long as it is approved :)

That's true! Who cares which photos they are using...:)

Security Check

Guys

I have contacted senator and congressman. I got a written reply from senator that they will not be able to help in security check...

Called Congressman's office for appt..they told me on phone that they also cannot help on this.

I sent notarized Privacy Act request to FBI which can be filled on web and printed and waiting for the response. I am planning to include all these responses and send letters to first lady and others...

How much time will it take to get a response from FBI ?

thanks

the joy is over

i became speechless, feeling light headed, couldn't believe my eyes. I came to work late by two hours. That's how I can define freedom now. I am free free free like a bird. You can guess the rest. I got the approval today and my lawyer even confirmed me too.

i became speechless, feeling light headed, couldn't believe my eyes. I came to work late by two hours. That's how I can define freedom now. I am free free free like a bird. You can guess the rest. I got the approval today and my lawyer even confirmed me too.

Congrat! Enjoy your freedom...

Congratulations!!!
Did you ever get stuck in Name Check?

If it is FOIPA, it will take a month to come back.

Guys

I sent notarized Privacy Act request to FBI which can be filled on web and printed and waiting for the response. I am planning to include all these responses and send letters to first lady and others...

thanks

Guys

I have contacted senator and congressman. I got a written reply from senator that they will not be able to help in security check...

Called Congressman's office for appt..they told me on phone that they also cannot help on this.

thanks

they will not accpet it online. u have to send it by mail. i called them before and they told me send it by mail to the adress mentioned there.

mine i sent it by mail on januray 20 and got it february 8. around 20 days.

name check

i don't know when the name check started for me but from contacting the local congresswoman to approval it took almost 2 months. When I contacted her, she told me about the updated status a week later. It was her office and later confirmed by USCIS' official letter that said I am stuck in "administrative background check".

For the people who are stuck with this crap, I know the feeling. It's tough, see if you can get counseling or if needed take medication. I waited for a long long time for this. The whole thing is just beyond any limit of anything.

One request to all of you, please keep the supporting attitude for all and helpout anyway possible.

name check

i don't know when the name check started for me but from contacting the local congresswoman to approval it took almost 2 months. When I contacted her, she told me about the updated status a week later. It was her office and later confirmed by USCIS' official letter that said I am stuck in "administrative background check".

For the people who are stuck with this crap, I know the feeling. It's tough, see if you can get counseling or if needed take medication. I waited for a long long time for this. The whole thing is just beyond any limit of anything.

One request to all of you, please keep the supporting attitude for all and helpout anyway possible.

question?

In the Freedom of Information-Privacy Acts (FOIPA) request form, where do you state that the objective for this request is to inquire on your background check?

I guess my question is, what is that you get back from FBI? Letter stating that NO records against you? I am a little lost here.. any pointers..

they will not accpet it online. u have to send it by mail. i called them before and they told me send it by mail to the adress mentioned there.

mine i sent it by mail on januray 20 and got it february 8. around 20 days.

Foipa

I am sending my FOIPA request in a day or two by mail. The form that I filled is titled "Privacy Act Request" and basically asks for my complete name, current address, DOB and place of birth, phone # and signature with date. Nowhere does it mention anything about getting notarized. Also, has a paragraph stating that everything here is true to best of my knowledge......

So, is this the correct form to be sent in? I think filing a FOIPA request is self-explanatory and you dont have to mention the purpose.

Alos, the mailing address has changed and the FBI website has not updated it. Someone on this forum had posted the new mailing address and I also called the FBI # (Debbie Lopes) to ask about the address. This is what she gave me-

170 Marcel Drive
Winchester
VA 22602

Thats the address that I am sending my request. The form also mention sthat the mail addressed to FBI is delayed several weeks due to increased security procedures.