TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

they will not accpet it online. u have to send it by mail. i called them before and they told me send it by mail to the adress mentioned there.

mine i sent it by mail on januray 20 and got it february 8. around 20 days.

I printed, notarized and mailed it.

Thanks to you and bigbang2001

I am sending my FOIPA request in a day or two by mail. The form that I filled is titled "Privacy Act Request" and basically asks for my complete name, current address, DOB and place of birth, phone # and signature with date. Nowhere does it mention anything about getting notarized. Also, has a paragraph stating that everything here is true to best of my knowledge......

So, is this the correct form to be sent in? I think filing a FOIPA request is self-explanatory and you dont have to mention the purpose.

Alos, the mailing address has changed and the FBI website has not updated it. Someone on this forum had posted the new mailing address and I also called the FBI # (Debbie Lopes) to ask about the address. This is what she gave me-

170 Marcel Drive
Winchester
VA 22602

Thats the address that I am sending my request. The form also mention sthat the mail addressed to FBI is delayed several weeks due to increased security procedures.

I didnot call anybody but sent it to following address:

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Record Information/Dissemination Section (RIDS)
Service Request Unit, Room 6359
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535

following is the link I used. It has clear instructions to notarize in red..

http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf

let me know, if I did anything wrong...

Foipa

Yup, thats the form. I missed the notarization part on top. Guess, I will have to get it notarized- anybody send in their form without notarization and still got a reply?
You can call in to find out the correct address though. I am not sure if the one given on the form is the right one. It was changed recently but not updated on the form.

oops, I didn't get it notarized, and sent to the old address

Let's see what will happen.

Yup, thats the form. I missed the notarization part on top. Guess, I will have to get it notarized- anybody send in their form without notarization and still got a reply?
You can call in to find out the correct address though. I am not sure if the one given on the form is the right one. It was changed recently but not updated on the form.

It doesn't matter. I got the reply without notarization.

However, FOIPA is useless. No record for me even my name is one of most populous in the world.

i became speechless, feeling light headed, couldn't believe my eyes. I came to work late by two hours. That's how I can define freedom now. I am free free free like a bird. You can guess the rest. I got the approval today and my lawyer even confirmed me too.

Congratulations.

It doesn't matter. I got the reply without notarization.

However, FOIPA is useless. No record for me even my name is one of most populous in the world.

u should have, by now ,heard from fbi about ur NC after sending ur letter to first lady in late february.

u should have, by now ,heard from fbi about ur NC after sending ur letter to first lady in late february.

It seems that they don't reply to some people. I have a friend who has been waiting for his GC since 2001 (pending I-485 EB1 not RIR) I suggested him to send an email to the first lady last night, he said that he did it four month ago, and did not get any reply. He is thinking about WOM now.

Finally got the longggggg waited news and am so glad the journey is over. Now I join the club waiting for their spouse's 485 to be approved.

This forum has been extremly helpful. Keep up great work folks - I can tell you there are many who contribute here and many more like me who just read and benefit from your invaluable thoughts.

It seems that they don't reply to some people. I have a friend who has been waiting for his GC since 2001 (pending I-485 EB1 not RIR) I suggested him to send an email to the first lady last night, he said that he did it four month ago, and did not get any reply. He is thinking about WOM now.

he has to send by mail and not email.

Unfortunately, no news yet.

I also asked help from my local congressman. His assistant asked me to sign a Privacy Act Request form to authorize congressman or his assistant to query my case. I mailed the signed form 2 months ago. No news also.

Somebody may never get a reply?:mad:

Unfortunately, no news yet.

I also asked help from my local congressman. His assistant asked me to sign a Privacy Act Request form to authorize congressman or his assistant to query my case. I mailed the signed form 2 months ago. No news also.

Somebody may never get a reply?:mad:

i sent my letter to first lady on february 26 and got the fbi letter may 7. so urs is on the way by now i think.

Congratulations to both sm11299 and waitn4wait2bovr on your approvals, Enjoy the freedom
I can imagine sm11299, how's your journey went, but now you have freedom

I have been a constant reader of this forum. It's very helpful.

Today I went to an infopass appointment, confirmed that my 485 case is still pending on security check. I made them to give me an offical statement, saying it's pending on security check. Something interesting is that at the beginning of the statement, it says "Alien #/sec 245" ..... Does anybody have any idea about "sec 245" piece? Of course, my case is NOT based on 245(i).

Knowing so many people with their cases filed in June/July last year stuck in the NC, as with my case, I am wondering this emerging pattern is true or not.

I have a theory on what's behind this. The problem could come from the communication between USCIS and FBI. Let's say, the USCIS system got upgraded or whatever during that period. This caused in the USCIS system, the NC was shown to be initiated. But on the other side, FBI didn't actually received the tape or anything. So while the USCIS people just sit there and check the record in the system, waiting on FBI, the FBI would never know it been asked to do the NC. THERE SHOULD BE SOME STATUS QUERY FROM USCIS TO FBI ON THE NAME CHECK ON A PERIODICAL BASIS. Not sure if this is sure.

I got to know my NC was initiated on Sept 07, 2006. Is there anybody here having his NC initiated around about the same time and got cleared?

Thanks,

inwater

inwater! Dont come out of the water for atleast another six months

I have been a constant reader of this forum. It's very helpful.

Today I went to an infopass appointment, confirmed that my 485 case is still pending on security check. I made them to give me an offical statement, saying it's pending on security check. Something interesting is that at the beginning of the statement, it says "Alien #/sec 245" ..... Does anybody have any idea about "sec 245" piece? Of course, my case is NOT based on 245(i).

Knowing so many people with their cases filed in June/July last year stuck in the NC, as with my case, I am wondering this emerging pattern is true or not.

I have a theory on what's behind this. The problem could come from the communication between USCIS and FBI. Let's say, the USCIS system got upgraded or whatever during that period. This caused in the USCIS system, the NC was shown to be initiated. But on the other side, FBI didn't actually received the tape or anything. So while the USCIS people just sit there and check the record in the system, waiting on FBI, the FBI would never know it been asked to do the NC. THERE SHOULD BE SOME STATUS QUERY FROM USCIS TO FBI ON THE NAME CHECK ON A PERIODICAL BASIS. Not sure if this is sure.

I got to know my NC was initiated on Sept 07, 2006. Is there anybody here having his NC initiated around about the same time and got cleared?

Thanks,

inwater

Dont come out of the water for atleast another six months.

Avg. time for background check clearance ?

So, it is known (atleast i get impression through these forums ) that a significant percentage of I-485 applicants from retrogressed countries
get stuck in background check ( Definition : Background check pending more than 6 months ).

Now the question is , on average how long it gets stuck ?
1 year ?
2 years ?
3 years ?
4 years ?