TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

So after a.... and I am more or less convinced that this has something to do with my NSEERS status. Also, both my EAD and AP took about twice as long to get approved as any other TSC-filed EAD/AP. My I-140 is heading towards the 200 days past receipt mark with no LUD since October. So are they applying a security to check to all my applications and if so, why can't they just do one security check for the whole package? I'm really confused and am wondering if now is the time I start writing letters to congressmen to figure out this brand new check, if at all, that I am under. Does anyone have any idea how long this type of check can take and if it is as bad as the namecheck?

I feel for you. I filed around the same time and am from a NSEERS country. My AP got approved finally 2 weeks ago and that was after status inquiries. We have been to two bio 3s in 3 months and no LUDs since the last FP. I called and was told that they are going to do an inquiry, but no new so far. I guess getting frustrated over it won't help:)

I feel for you. I filed around the same time and am from a NSEERS country. My AP got approved finally 2 weeks ago and that was after status inquiries. We have been to two bio 3s in 3 months and no LUDs since the last FP. I called and was told that they are going to do an inquiry, but no new so far. I guess getting frustrated over it won't help:)

I agree with you, I'm not frustrated (additional checks seem like a fact of life for anyone born in an NSEERS country). But I am planning on taking action like writing to congresspeople, even if it may not have any effect at all.

Has your I-140 been approved? Did your AP really take 6 months?! What about your EAD?

Officially 'stuck' in name check

Please welcome me to the club. Ever since i filed I-485 i kept posting, many Indians will get stuck ( still i had a hope that i will belong to the minority of people whose security checks would clear in less than 6 months ). See now!

My paralegal had made a query in Feb.2007. Today both me and my wife ( her last name is spelt wrong. That is another issue ) received letters from

U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security
Texas Service Center
P.O.Box 851488
Mesquite, TX 75185-1488

"The status of service request is:

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be
completed. We apologize for the delay.

"

Has your I-140 been approved? Did your AP really take 6 months?! What about your EAD?

I used PP for the I-140, against the advice of my lawyer, they don't understand the "luck" thing. It was relatively smooth. The EAD took 4.5 months and the AP 6 months. I haven't started bugging them yet so I don't know if I am stuck with namecheck or no, but am guessing since my processing date has passed that should be the case. Will see.

So after a couple of months, I decided to give the ole POJ trick one more try and to my utter surprise, I got a TSC rep who was willing to spend more than 10 seconds on the phone answering my question. I inquired about my case and she said that it was undergoing security check. So I asked her to clarify if it was the FBI namecheck, and she said no, that was clear. She said that it was a security check at the service center that all applications have to go through. Now this is the third response I have received in the past six months that my name check is clear. The first time was a couple of months after my application when I got a TSC person on the phone who said "all security checks are clear". The second time was during an Infopass when the officer said that my namecheck was clear but she could not tell me about any other security checks. And now this. I asked about 3 times today if this had anything to do with the FBI namecheck and once she said no, another time she said it was clear, and the third time she said that it was a security check at the service center. I asked about my I-140 and she said that that is still within the processing times shown. She was quite nice overall though.

My question is, what other security checks are there? What review is conducted by the service center? They have received my fingerprints so it can't be those. I am an NSEERS registrant and have to go through an additional check everytime I get a visa abroad or I enter the US, and I am more or less convinced that this has something to do with my NSEERS status. Also, both my EAD and AP took about twice as long to get approved as any other TSC-filed EAD/AP. My I-140 is heading towards the 200 days past receipt mark with no LUD since October. So are they applying a security to check to all my applications and if so, why can't they just do one security check for the whole package? I'm really confused and am wondering if now is the time I start writing letters to congressmen to figure out this brand new check, if at all, that I am under. Does anyone have any idea how long this type of check can take and if it is as bad as the namecheck?

Herenthere,

No question about it: your NSEERS profile has everything to do with the delay on all your applications. I went through the same process myself and I have no doubt that my NSEERS profile was the main reason for the delay of my various petitions. It is the reality of today's world.

Someone in this thread mentioned earlier how the majority of Indian and Chinese nationals are disproportionally stuck in namecheck. I would say: add NSEERS applicants to this club as well.

many people critisised me before that it was too early for me to send letters to first lady and president.

today, i got a letter from FBI saying that my namecheck got cleared on april 5. this has happened due to First lady interference. so the letter that i got before from uscis meant really that my namecheck got cleared.

I go through the NSEERS too. now i will contact TSC and open an inquiry.

finaly, i 'm closer to freedom.

wish u all good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Request

I am new to this forum. I have a question, in what stage Name Check is done. Is there any dependency on Fingerprint? If any one answer this question would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot !!

I am new to this forum. I have a question, in what stage Name Check is done. Is there any dependency on Fingerprint? If any one answer this question would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot !!

Hello jewelhaque,

The FBI Name Check is independent of the fingerprint check. The fingerprints are sent to the FBI from the USCIS after you finish your biometrics and these results are obtained within a few days. The name check request for an applicant is sent to the FBI a few days after your notice date, and the time this process takes can range anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years.
Hope this helps.

Antonioa77,

Congratulations!

Could you share with us the address you used for the First lady and President?

Thanks!!!

Thank you so much ks_cc !!

Hello jewelhaque,

The FBI Name Check is independent of the fingerprint check. The fingerprints are sent to the FBI from the USCIS after you finish your biometrics and these results are obtained within a few days. The name check request for an applicant is sent to the FBI a few days after your notice date, and the time this process takes can range anywhere from a couple of months to a couple of years.
Hope this helps.

Antonnio,

Congrats ,if possible please share the address and the content of your letters.
to FL and Prez

Thanks
itraaz

many people critisised me before that it was too early for me to send letters to first lady and president.

today, i got a letter from FBI saying that my namecheck got cleared on april 5. this has happened due to First lady interference. so the letter that i got before from uscis meant really that my namecheck got cleared.

wish u all good luck.

Congratulations, I hope you get approved fast. :)

we did couple inquiries from the beginning of this year. the first response we got from USCIS is that case was pending due to security check. the second one the is the same. recently, we got the third inquiry response and it just said PENDING. Additionally, my husband went to Infopass and the officer told him the same thing as well. When he ask if he is still stuck in name check, the officer said the system did not say so, it just said PENDING *_*. I don't know what's going on now. Maybe we should start congressman inquiry now.

My EAD renewal was approved within 6 weeks and still waiting for my AP as we got RFE for my I131 to provide the copy of my husband's approved I140 around 2 two weeks ago.

guys,

thanks a lot. I'm sory but I can't post my letter to First lady because it is very personal.

I learned many lessons for this NC process thing:

1 st lesson:
try to go after your pending NC as quickly as possible like i did. i believe that once ur name is stuck, it is stuck and it in most cases it wil take at least 1.5 yr to clear, if u don't do anything. but if u do something (even if ur case is less than 6 months pending), then you have a chance of getting cleared.

my whole point, it is not really very wise to wait years before you approach politicians to help you clear ur namecheck. Approach them early especially if you have a good case to write about in your letter.

2 nd lesson:
Among politicians, the first lady is the main key to clear the namecheck.

3 rd lesson:
don't send ur letter to first lady unless u have attached to it the FOIPA. in the letter that i got from fbi yesterday, the letter is about 1.5 pages, about 1 page is just about arguing about the difference between NC and FOIPA. i think the FOIPA makes ur case stronger.

AGAIN DON'T WAIT YEARS IN ORDER TO CLEAR YOUR NAMECHECK. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME, JUST DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

good luck all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Antonia, Good point!
I got the same letter and same response as yours. Our name checked got cleared even the same day.
I am trying my best to waiting patiently now. Hope we can got our freedom sooner than later.

guys,

thanks a lot. I'm sory but I can't post my letter to First lady because it is very personal.

I learned many lessons for this NC process thing:

1 st lesson:
try to go after your pending NC as quickly as possible like i did. i believe that once ur name is stuck, it is stuck and it in most cases it wil take at least 1.5 yr to clear, if u don't do anything. but if u do something (even if ur case is less than 6 months pending), then you have a chance of getting cleared.

my whole point, it is not really very wise to wait years before you approach politicians to help you clear ur namecheck. Approach them early especially if you have a good case to write about in your letter.

2 nd lesson:
Among politicians, the first lady is the main key to clear the namecheck.

3 rd lesson:
don't send ur letter to first lady unless u have attached to it the FOIPA. in the letter that i got from fbi yesterday, the letter is about 1.5 pages, about 1 page is just about arguing about the difference between NC and FOIPA. i think the FOIPA makes ur case stronger.

AGAIN DON'T WAIT YEARS IN ORDER TO CLEAR YOUR NAMECHECK. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME, JUST DO IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

good luck all.

Antonia: When did you write to the First Lady?

wish u all good luck.

FOIPA request

I am planning to put in a FOIPA request with FBI. I confirmed that my case is pending security checks thru POJ technique last week. So, I figured that FOIPA will be my next step before I start contacting the politicians. I ws on the FBI website and looking at the FOIPA form. I guess you can just submit that online by clicking send at the bottom or have to send it by snailmail. Is that the right form I am looking at? Also, it mentions something about fees and waiver of fees. What is that all about? Would appreciate a response from those who have filed it in the past. Thanks!

Good work.

When they processed your EAD, they must have verified NSEERS. Therefore, it should not be an issue.

You should be hoping to get your CG very soon.

wish u all good luck.

Antonia: When did you write to the First Lady?

my letter reached the white house on february 26 2007, i sent it by fedex one day before.

my namecheck got cleared on april 5. fbi wrote the letter on may 1 and i received it on may 7. so in total, it is around 2.5 months.