TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

docs to bring with you for infopass

Texanz/Nayak,

Thanks for your help. I scheduled the appt for Monday
.Now I need to know what are documents that I will
bring with. My I 797 original for 1 485 must with attorney.

I have all the xerox copies. What are the documents you guys
took with you for Infopass apt. Please advise. I also wanted
to know about my wife's name check as well but will not taking
her with me to the appt.

Any other tips. Considering I had to bite dust today morning
while speaking with a rep who told me nothing, I am a bit
nervous. All advice on what questions to ask and how to conduct
oneself in Infopass will help.

Thanks
Itraaz

Is it me, or...

... has another wave of approvals come at NSC? I just checked the NSC forums and I seem to see quite a few approvals (at least compared to the recent drought).

p.s., Congrats likuliku!

processing dates published on the website are incorrect ?

Guys
I went for Infopass in Baltimore office. Not any new information but she said the processing dates published on the website are incorrect. Most of the 485 cases files in Jun'06 and after are pending security check due to the backlog created for security check...

she said my case is under process and asked me to check back in 45 days

How nice! Why they keep inaccurate info at website ? Jeez.."Those people don't know what they are doing. Please forgive them".

Texanz/Nayak,

her with me to the appt.

Thanks
Itraaz

ITRAAZ,
Xerox copies are good enough. While filling the form at the very first recption window mention the option that you are there to check the status of your and your family case/cases.
When you will be called after some time s/he will ask you what for you are here? Just tell then that here are your receipt numbers and ask whatever questions you have. You dont need any serious preparations. Be cool...
texanz

Well, I don't think...

... that "incorrect" is exactly the right word there, because FBI's security check is none of the CIS's business. I'd take that processing time published as them saying "It's not our fault that your case is delayed due to FBI!" and "WE are doing a good job on the CIS's part!"

... Not that they REALLY are doing a good job, of course.

Originally Posted by NAYAK
Guys
I went for Infopass in Baltimore office. Not any new information but she said the processing dates published on the website are incorrect. Most of the 485 cases files in Jun'06 and after are pending security check due to the backlog created for security check...

she said my case is under process and asked me to check back in 45 days
How nice! Why they keep inaccurate info at website ? Jeez.."Those people don't know what they are doing. Please forgive them".

I would like to get a general sense of timeline after having finger printing appointment. It looks like USCIS has been moving the applications at 'lightning speed' recently. I've heard people receiving their GC within a month of having FP. Is that true?

I would like to get a general sense of timeline after having finger printing appointment. It looks like USCIS has been moving the applications at 'lightning speed' recently. I've heard people receiving their GC within a month of having FP. Is that true?

I guess that does happen to lucky fews.. If NC is not a problem for the individual case, usually it should clear within 6 months of receipt, as predicted by the service center's processing times. Sometimes I observe some people were not lucky enough to get their FP notice until 3 or 4 months after the RD, but that was then compensated by the fact their GCs were then approved within less than a month of FP...

So I guess what's important is not when the FP is done, it is more what the FBI does to your file.

In the case of my brother's, it took him less than a yr from submitting PERM to receiving his GC. I thought it's a new general trend or may be he's just extremely lucky.

Texanz/Nayak,

her with me to the appt.

Thanks
Itraaz

take 485 receipt notices and photo id with current address is enough.

It all depends on the patience of the agent you find....

good luck

Approved

I've got a magic email today. My 485 got approved for me and my wife. Finally this long journey is over. It took 1333 days (3 years, 7 months, 25 days/115,171,200 seconds/1,919,520 minutes/31,992 hours).

I'm planning to travel overseas on 5/18. Is there any chance I will have the card in my hand by that time, so I can use it :) ?

This forum helped me to stay insane and I wish everybody will receive the GC soon!

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On May 7, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

In the case of my brother's, it took him less than a yr from submitting PERM to receiving his GC. I thought it's a new general trend or may be he's just extremely lucky.

He must be from any country other than - India or China

Since the applicants are less from other countries - I ahve friends who got the GC within 9 months from LC date

congrats and good for you
enjoy the freedom
i think you'll get before you leave

I've got a magic email today. My 485 got approved for me and my wife. Finally this long journey is over. It took 1333 days (3 years, 7 months, 25 days/115,171,200 seconds/1,919,520 minutes/31,992 hours).

I'm planning to travel overseas on 5/18. Is there any chance I will have the card in my hand by that time, so I can use it :) ?

This forum helped me to stay insane and I wish everybody will receive the GC soon!

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On May 7, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service

Congrat's!!!

Hope you will get it by the end of this week. Watch for "Card Sent" email. My card was sent from KY, and took only 3 days to arrive.

Congratulations!!!
Take it eezee!

My experience with Infopass

It was a waste of time .After struggling to find a parking spot on busy
SFO streets, I didn't manage to get any additional info from my infopass
today. The officer didn't not tell me anything about my wife's case.She
said that my wife needs to be physically present herself if she wants to
know about it.She did say that my 485 is pending security review and
advised me to look at the website.I said info contained in the website
is limited. She also didn't seem to have much info. I asked her what
exactly is security check .She gave me Fact Sheet and told that they
call FBI Namecheck as security check.That was the only revelation.She
told me that I couldn't do anything about it and said it was initiated on
July 30th.Last time I had heard that my security check was initiated on
June 23rd. On asking about my wife again she told you need not worry
about her because she will not get approval before I will.

Anyways that is it.

Thanks
Itraaz

I had recieved a reply to my enquiry on Jan 2nd week, that some response will be given within 45 days,

No response so far!!!

today I opened an enquiry again - just to make someone open the file

:)

Sorry about that. Those conversations should be recorded and monitored, seriously, because clearly, there is no quality assurance there about the CIS customer service overall. And so much gap between "good" and "bad" infopass officers, and yet we pay the same amount for the applications.

Have you sent an official inquiry? Looks like your cases are out of the processing time already.

It was a waste of time .After struggling to find a parking spot on busy
SFO streets, I didn't manage to get any additional info from my infopass
today. The officer didn't not tell me anything about my wife's case.She
said that my wife needs to be physically present herself if she wants to
know about it.She did say that my 485 is pending security review and
advised me to look at the website.I said info contained in the website
is limited. She also didn't seem to have much info. I asked her what
exactly is security check .She gave me Fact Sheet and told that they
call FBI Namecheck as security check.That was the only revelation.She
told me that I couldn't do anything about it and said it was initiated on
July 30th.Last time I had heard that my security check was initiated on
June 23rd. On asking about my wife again she told you need not worry
about her because she will not get approval before I will.

Anyways that is it.

Thanks
Itraaz

confused

So after a couple of months, I decided to give the ole POJ trick one more try and to my utter surprise, I got a TSC rep who was willing to spend more than 10 seconds on the phone answering my question. I inquired about my case and she said that it was undergoing security check. So I asked her to clarify if it was the FBI namecheck, and she said no, that was clear. She said that it was a security check at the service center that all applications have to go through. Now this is the third response I have received in the past six months that my name check is clear. The first time was a couple of months after my application when I got a TSC person on the phone who said "all security checks are clear". The second time was during an Infopass when the officer said that my namecheck was clear but she could not tell me about any other security checks. And now this. I asked about 3 times today if this had anything to do with the FBI namecheck and once she said no, another time she said it was clear, and the third time she said that it was a security check at the service center. I asked about my I-140 and she said that that is still within the processing times shown. She was quite nice overall though.

My question is, what other security checks are there? What review is conducted by the service center? They have received my fingerprints so it can't be those. I am an NSEERS registrant and have to go through an additional check everytime I get a visa abroad or I enter the US, and I am more or less convinced that this has something to do with my NSEERS status. Also, both my EAD and AP took about twice as long to get approved as any other TSC-filed EAD/AP. My I-140 is heading towards the 200 days past receipt mark with no LUD since October. So are they applying a security to check to all my applications and if so, why can't they just do one security check for the whole package? I'm really confused and am wondering if now is the time I start writing letters to congressmen to figure out this brand new check, if at all, that I am under. Does anyone have any idea how long this type of check can take and if it is as bad as the namecheck?