TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

And one can see that many are stuck. Is it because both have billion/billion+
population and for almost everybody the FBI gets multitude of name hits ?
Does FBI publish per country namecheck blackhole info ?

I was wondering what is the average time for the I-485 clearance( after factoring the security check delay ) ?

I agree, I've seen a few folks of other nationalities that do get stuck in the name check, but it's predominantly been either persons of Indian or Chinese origin. I can attribute that to either the sheer volume of applications from individuals of these countries, and add to the fact that there are so many similar sounding names or a permutation/combination of names, that these factors may contribute towards longer name check processing times.

Unlike the USCIS, where 485s are filed as 'companion cases' between spouses, the FBI does not care about this information. When your data as an applicant, either primary or derivative, reaches the FBI for research, you are an individual. This explains why I've seen several instances where the derivatives get their name check cleared. My wife's name check and mine were submitted on the very same day in April 2006. Her results were cleared and returned in less than a month. A year plus on, I'm still waiting. Noteworthy here is that she's a Japanese citizen, and I'm an Indian citizen.

However, its most interesting that despite the claims that most name checks are finalized in six months or less, it doesn't hold true if you skim through these boards across all service centers and see the volume of folks stuck in name check. Consider that not all filers stuck in name check are online and active and that number seems to be exponentially higher. Add the folks who're stuck in name check for N-400 (Citizenship) cases, and it seems that pretty much anyone waiting for adjudication over the stipulated processing times is stuck in name check. I just don't see how the claim that most name checks are done in six months holds true.

In my opinion, the name check is most dreaded and called a black hole because unlike the USCIS core process of adjudications, wherein processing dates are at least published (as unreliable as they might be), there is no estimated timeframes within which the name checks would or could be conducted. Its just unknown and has no oversight. Making things worse is the fact that unreasonable delays cannot be quantified against national security, or at least, that is the argument put forth when the agencies justify why individuals take longer than others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too many LUDs

In the past I was worried that I didn't have LUD for 8 months (not even after my FP). And now I'm getting one LUD every day in the last 3 days.
Any theory they touch my file 3 days in a row? But no change on the text.

In the past I was worried that I didn't have LUD for 8 months (not even after my FP). And now I'm getting one LUD every day in the last 3 days.
Any theory they touch my file 3 days in a row? But no change on the text.

may be you'll get good news soon, all the best

I'm a victim of auto theft...

... and the arse broke the lock, stole the auto CD player and messed up the electro system, and I called the police (and then mechanics) :mad: But it doesn't seem it affected my GC case.

I am stuck in namecheck since July 2006.

Sometime ago there was a discussion going around that being a victim of any crime, including credit/debit card fraud can put your name in FBI's "reference" files, thereby delaying namecheck. It would be interesting to see how many of those of us stuck have been victims. If you've been a victim of credit card/debit card/bank fraud or any other fraud, or victim of theft/burglary or filed a police report for any reason, please post here. I was victim of credit card fraud once, so atleast for me the theory seems to hold..

This doesn't hold for me.

I am victim of ID theft. but name check got cleared in no time. So this thoery doesn't hold true for me.
Thanks
Gopal

Infopass

Gurus
I took an appt for tommorrow to find out the real status of my case.

any suggestions what to ask...I am not expecting much though but just wanted to see, if I get any more info. on security check.

Somebody broke into my car in year 2004. I reported to Police

I am stuck in namecheck since July 2006.

Sometime ago there was a discussion going around that being a victim of any crime, including credit/debit card fraud can put your name in FBI's "reference" files, thereby delaying namecheck. It would be interesting to see how many of those of us stuck have been victims. If you've been a victim of credit card/debit card/bank fraud or any other fraud, or victim of theft/burglary or filed a police report for any reason, please post here. I was victim of credit card fraud once, so atleast for me the theory seems to hold..

But tough to believe these kind of records get one into namecheck blackhole.
Then FBI should really be dumb !

The only scam that I have been a victim of is the scam committed by this Immigration Process.

The sad part is my wife and I do not even want to stay in the USA. We just want to go back.

We are here for my daughter who has a medical condition and the best therapy is available in the USA.

sorry to hear news about your daughter man, hope she'll be fine soon
we all pray for your daughter

The only scam that I have been a victim of is the scam committed by this Immigration Process.

The sad part is my wife and I do not even want to stay in the USA. We just want to go back.

We are here for my daughter who has a medical condition and the best therapy is available in the USA.

Count me in Case transferred to TSc on march 15
Pending since April 06 , Derivative Namecheck cleared.

FBI's mission:

FBI's mission:

1. Protect the United States from terrorist attack
2. Protect the United States against foreign intelligence operations and espionage
3. Protect the United States against cyber-based attacks and high-technology crimes
4. Combat public corruption at all levels
5. Protect civil rights
6. Combat transnational/national criminal organizations and enterprises
7. Combat major white-collar crime
8. Combat significant violent crime
9. Support federal, state, local and international partners
10. Upgrade technology to successfully perform
the FBI's mission

Minor crimes are not within scope of FBI. the applicants who are working high-tech are eariler stuck in NC than people with record of shoplifting.

CANADA PR AND I485 feasible?

if i have the canadian PR but never lived in canada and i applied to I485, would uscis ask me for an interview in order to make me drop one of the 2 residencies? or i will get an RFE or what?

did anyone have this experience?

KS_cc
Did you recieve FP notice after your case transferred

Nope, my current FPs are valid through July, I'd imagine yours are as well. From what I've seen, the 2005 filers have gotten FP notices, and imaginably, their initial FPs had expired, since it had crossed the 15 month mark. That isn't to say you or I wouldn't receive new notices, perhaps a different FP code.
This happened during the transfer as well, the 2005s went first followed by the 2006s, so I dont know if we'd get notices as part of their standard process, or whether they'd just wait for the 15 month mark.

Hello everyone,

Our GCs arrived finally on 1st May. It has been a long wait for my husband.
( I was added on only in 2005).

This is a great forum and I got a lot of information reading all the posts.
Best of luck to everyone here.

srr
---------------------------------------------------
Husband:

EB2 -India PD Sep2001
140/485/EAD/AP applied Sep 2005
Code 3 Biometrics Oct 2005
EAD/AP Dec 2005
140 -AD -March 2006
485 transferred to TSC-Mar 2006
EAD applied Dec 2006 /approved Jan 2007 ( 43 days)
AP applied March 2007 / approved April 2007(Less than 3 weeks)
Code 1 biometrics April 17 2007
485 AD-4/25/2007
GC mailed 4/30/2007
received 5/1/2007

Mine is exactly the same from Sep 2005.

namecheck process

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

From the above URL ,

Many times, the delay associated with the processing of the remaining name checks is not the actual time it takes to process a name check, but the time it takes for an analyst to get to the name check request in order to process it. This is due to the constant volume of name checks, several million each year, combined with the FBI's current work on processing residual name checks from a batch of 2.7 million requests submitted by USCIS in December 2002, as compared to the NNCP's limited resources. Less than one percent of the requests are identified with a file containing possible derogatory information.

So, it may not be the actual investigation, but the time it takes for analyst to reach the hit information.