TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Use the so-called POJ technique (named after the forum member who "discovered" it) It goes as follows:
Dial the 800 number and choose:
1 for English
2 to bypass the intro
2 to check status of a pending application
6 to confirm you are trying to check status
1 to confirm that you know your receipt number
1 to confirm that it starts with SRC
then enter your receipt number
1 to confirm you entered correct SRC number
3 to continue to next step
4 for something about cases separated or some other crap... this is what gets you somebody at TSC. They'll say: "Texas Service Center, what's the receipt number" and you're in, baby!

Thanks so much. I called and the gentleman who answered opened a case for me

He just checked out my particulars and said that since I was out of the processing dates(currently August 2006), he would open a case for me and to call back again in 30 days if no movement.
He was not aware of the reason why my case was delayed.
Should I call again and try and talk to someone else?

Help Please

ANYBODY CAN TELL ME WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

THANKS

hmm...
did he say he was with TSC?
What you got was the typical, canned, worthless response from the national customer service center (NCSC). This place is staffed by private contractors (not USCIS employees) who know nothing about immigration law, have no access to any useful information (in fact they just read the same useless info from your online case status) and quite often provide wrong and contradictory information.
If you don't follow POJ steps strictly, you will get these people.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my day today

My I-485 just got approved. Hurrrrraaahhhhhhh.....Time to celebrate.
Thanks everybody for their support.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On March 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulations manish :) thats very good news :)

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

On March 8, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Congratulations manish :) thats very good news :)

Thanks Krishna!
Apparently, all the pushing finally paid off, and moreover it was God's blessings for sure. However, my wife hasn't received approval yet, don't know what could be wrong.

Do you guys know, how long it takes to receive the approval notice, and actual card? Your help is appreciated.

Thanks Krishna!
Apparently, all the pushing finally paid off, and moreover it was God's blessings for sure. However, my wife hasn't received approval yet, don't know what could be wrong.

Do you guys know, how long it takes to receive the approval notice, and actual card? Your help is appreciated.

CONGRATS! :)

In my case, it was about a week (and two days after the "card mailed" email) that I got my physical card. Looks like that's generally how long it takes.

If your wife got all security check cleared, I believe it's a matter of time. If you don't hear from them about her case in the next few weeks, though, you might want to inquire.

Enjoy the NEW life! :D

:(
hmm...
did he say he was with TSC?
What you got was the typical, canned, worthless response from the national customer service center (NCSC). This place is staffed by private contractors (not USCIS employees) who know nothing about immigration law, have no access to any useful information (in fact they just read the same useless info from your online case status) and quite often provide wrong and contradictory information.
If you don't follow POJ steps strictly, you will get these people.

I followed the steps and this time got connected to the TSC!!.

But it was of no use . She told me what I already knew viz. our cases were still pending. I asked the reason since I was well out of the processing time and all she would say was that since Nov 1st they are not allowed to give out that info due to some Privacy Act and they would contact us if they needed something.

I am getting desperate. Is there no way to know what is happening to our applications?

I am sure infopass wont give me any further info. What should I do?? Any ideas /suggestions?

srr
--------------
Spouse (primary)

EB2-India
PD Sep 2001
140-March 2006
485-pending
EAD- Dec 11 2005/Jan 17 2007

congrats man for your 485 approval
enjoy the freedom
now we have to wait for our approvals, dont know when

Thanks geofu54 and zzzz4zzzz!!

My wife's case was just transferred to arlington asylum office for the interview. I think its because she had another asylum case and underlying I-485 case pending at that office. Do you know, how long it might take to receive an interview notice for her?

Thanks Krishna!

Ah, sweet liberty... congratulations my friend. As soon as you get that approval notice make an infopass appointment to get the I-551 stamp on the passport, in case there's any delay getting the actual card. This stamp is just like having the card: it's good for travel, for employment (see item4 of list A in page 3 of form I-9, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf ), etc. While you're there you can casually ask about your wife's case too.

Again, congratulations and I hope to be joining your club soon!

This is the week for EB1s

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. Looks like TSC began moving the EB1s. I have not received the cards or even the notice of action yet. My attorney says 2-4 weeks. Our fingerprints expire in June, so I guess it will be ok.

Good deal man. Congrants and Enjoy..

Good deal man. Congrants and Enjoy..

Thanks NIW_Engineer!
I think I don't have to hurry, and I can let the GC arrive by mail. Since I am not planning any trip outside the US in the near future, and already have EAD valid through August 2007, so I don't see a reason, why I should get that stamp on my passport. And about my wife, her case has been transferred to the Arlington Asylum office for an interview, so we are rather planning to visit that office, and ask them questions. But appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Good luck to you and hope you get approved too very soon.
Ah, sweet liberty... congratulations my friend. As soon as you get that approval notice make an infopass appointment to get the I-551 stamp on the passport, in case there's any delay getting the actual card. This stamp is just like having the card: it's good for travel, for employment (see item4 of list A in page 3 of form I-9, http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9.pdf ), etc. While you're there you can casually ask about your wife's case too.

Again, congratulations and I hope to be joining your club soon!

Thanks NIW_Engineer!
I think I don't have to hurry, and I can let the GC arrive by mail. Since I am not planning any trip outside the US in the near future, and already have EAD valid through August 2007, so I don't see a reason, why I should get that stamp on my passport. And about my wife, her case has been transferred to the Arlington Asylum office for an interview, so we are rather planning to visit that office, and ask them questions. But appreciate your advice. Thanks.
Good luck to you and hope you get approved too very soon.

congrats,

1-so the delay that u faced was bcs they oput ur application in asylum first then they moved it back to employment?

2-u said before that u sent a letter to ur senator, when u sent him the letter and when u heard back from him?

3-u mentioned also before that u opened an inquiry with USCIS, when was that and have ever heard back from them?