TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I had initiated an enquiry on my wife's 485 case on Jan 18, and today she received response saying her case is pending service consideration. Do you guys know what that means?

Last edited by a moderator:
My daugther (10 years old) has been asked to do FP last Oct. Parent did FP in July. I saw LUD on her case after the FP (code 2? can not remember). Our cases are still pending.

My EB2 based I-485 has been pending with TSC for more than 8 monts. On InfoPass, I was told that I am stuck in name check. Now, all the sudden, I received a letter from USCIS asking my 4 years old daughter to go to local office for biometrics. My wife and I have already done FP a few months ago. I thought they don't do biometrics for 4 years old. It doesn't say finger printing. It just says biometric - which could be just a picture.

ANY CLUES? Weird thing is there are no LUDS online.

infopass

So my spouse and I went to our local CIS office for infopass yesterday. Fortunately, we had a friendly and helpful, albeit a bit business-like, late mid age (50s-ish?) gentleman. He called the database for the information and printed it out for us as he explained the case status to us, and all the spouse's information was right in place, and there was no problem in that regard. Which was good.

A couple of interesting things.

As my sig shows, my own case got approved in about four months. However, he showed my security check (inc. namecheck, which was initiated soon after they received my application) was cleared in less than a month. Which might mean they just sat on my case for some time (one caveat: I had some applications with Nebraska in the past [F-1, H1-b], and I have no idea how long it took before they merged my T and A files). Further, the spouses current status was "pre-adjudicated" but her security check was all cleared in a month too. So, there is no real issue that has to keep her case from getting approved at this point. The officer explained that her case is just sitting there just waiting to get approved.

The officer said the CIS does not approve cases as the results of security check come back in. He suggested there is a 30-90 days cycle of adjudication for the CIS's "structural reason"; some ready-for-approval cases may serve as sorta pressure valve so the CIS calibrates the number of approvals (which kinda makes sense to me if it's true -- I'd guess they certainly do not want to use too many visa numbers at a time early in the fiscal year, or too few visa numbers at the end of the fiscal year).

Some forum people here said to me privately that the CIS might just waiting for her case to hit the official processing time, at which point they would approve it hopefully. After the infopass, it sounds like that may really be the case (and I somehow imagine it might be easier for the CIS to do so if an applicant's dependent on whatever primary non-immigrant status like H1-b so his/her status is independent of the primary's AOS; my spouse is on H1-b).

At any rate, take it for whatever it may be worth. In fact, the only thing we can be 100% sure of now is all her application information is correctly entered in the CIS database. As for everything else, we'll just see if her case will really get approved around the processing time.

Thanks for the posting.....

Thanks for the posting of very useful information, geofu.

If this is true, it might imply that my previous assumption about processing trend of the USCIS (some who already got the NC clearance approved around 2 and 3 months, some others who got the NC clearance later than that approved around the processing time, and the most unluckiests) was actually right. Do you have the printout of your spouse's case from the infopass interview? You must have been very lucky if the IIO (Immigration Information Officer) printed it out for you during the interview. Hardly few IIOs do that for applicants.

Let's see what happens at the period of your spouse's due processing time. If her application gets approved right around that time, it might tell us something.

So my spouse and I went to our local CIS office for infopass yesterday. Fortunately, we had a friendly and helpful, albeit a bit business-like, late mid age (50s-ish?) gentleman. He called the database for the information and printed it out for us as he explained the case status to us, and all the spouse's information was right in place, and there was no problem in that regard. Which was good.

A couple of interesting things.

As my sig shows, my own case got approved in about four months. However, he showed my security check (inc. namecheck, which was initiated soon after they received my application) was cleared in less than a month. Which might mean they just sat on my case for some time (one caveat: I had some applications with Nebraska in the past [F-1, H1-b], and I have no idea how long it took before they merged my T and A files). Further, the spouses current status was "pre-adjudicated" but her security check was all cleared in a month too. So, there is no real issue that has to keep her case from getting approved at this point. The officer explained that her case is just sitting there just waiting to get approved.

The officer said the CIS does not approve cases as the results of security check come back in. He suggested there is a 30-90 days cycle of adjudication for the CIS's "structural reason"; some ready-for-approval cases may serve as sorta pressure valve so the CIS calibrates the number of approvals (which kinda makes sense to me if it's true -- I'd guess they certainly do not want to use too many visa numbers at a time early in the fiscal year, or too few visa numbers at the end of the fiscal year).

Some forum people here said to me privately that the CIS might just waiting for her case to hit the official processing time, at which point they would approve it hopefully. After the infopass, it sounds like that may really be the case (and I somehow imagine it might be easier for the CIS to do so if an applicant's dependent on whatever primary non-immigrant status like H1-b so his/her status is independent of the primary's AOS; my spouse is on H1-b).

At any rate, take it for whatever it may be worth. In fact, the only thing we can be 100% sure of now is all her application information is correctly entered in the CIS database. As for everything else, we'll just see if her case will really get approved around the processing time.

One more secret in my signature......

I also felt that I needed to disclose one secret of my case after seeing geofu's case.

My wife's and my cases was, in fact, put on hold at the beginning because of the weird handling of the application fee payment by TSC. We submitted the total of $390 via one single personal check for each. We got the receipt notice a week later. However, we got the strange notice saying that our fingerprint fee was deficient(?) and the case was put on hold. We looked up the checking account and somehow the checks were not cleared at all :confused: :confused: :confused: We were about to send another check to correct the problem, but a week later, FP notices for my wife and me arrived :) :) :) We assumed that the check was cleared and went to ASC for FP. But, after that, we noticed that our personal checks were still not cleared :eek: :eek: :eek: We were totally lost what to do. We've been to infopass to find out what was going on, but were told to submit another payment which we thought unreasonable. We waited for a few weeks and finally after one months of FP done, two NEW RECEIPT NOTICES with the same RD, but newer ND arrived. We looked up the checking account of ours and, finally, found that the first submitted checks were cleared.

So, basically, our cases might have started the actual adjudication process from September(new ND), not July (RD). If our cases worked like that, it would mean that my case actually might be the same case as geofu's.

Anyway, the whole story about this FP is very strange. Isn't it? USCIS does accept the FPs from applicants even without receiving the processing fee first.

From the sounds of it, it looks like her case is pending and needs attention of immigration officer before being moving further (probably adjudicated). Just my interpretation though.
I had initiated an enquiry on my wife's 485 case on Jan 18, and today she received response saying her case is pending service consideration. Do you guys know what that means?

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see the customer or representative options in case status login screen since weekend. Even now. Can you guys get to your login and check status. Looks like some DB is down at USCIS.

No, I can't, either.

It appears that USCIS website is doing its renovation (or simply error). You still can check the status one by one at the search site, though.

I cannot see the customer or representative options in case status login screen since weekend. Even now. Can you guys get to your login and check status. Looks like some DB is down at USCIS.

You may be right, because during infopass, the officer said our cases were waiting to be assigned to an officer.
From the sounds of it, it looks like her case is pending and needs attention of immigration officer before being moving further (probably adjudicated). Just my interpretation though.

the toll-free number is also having trouble

Hi,
I call the toll-free number using POJ and found that after entering my receipt number, it tells me that due to some system issue, they cannot access my record. I guess the database is down or having some trouble. It won't let me go any further. I was calling to request an inquiry of my case. It seems that I will waste more time waiting to initiate an inquiry.

Oh lawfirm reported citing unofficial sources that pending I485 cases are being transferred from CSC/VSC to NSC/TSC. Maybe this helps explain the recent inactivity in TSC? Sometimes you have to love these guys for being brilliant in keeping themselves busy.

Oh lawfirm reported citing unofficial sources that pending I485 cases are being transferred from CSC/VSC to NSC/TSC. Maybe this helps explain the recent inactivity in TSC? Sometimes you have to love these guys for being brilliant in keeping themselves busy.
Why then is there a flood of approvals from NSC, but TSC has come to standstill?
BTW, someone in NSC forum reported that if you replied to RFE, your RD gets shifted to RFE date - so they won't process your application till they are processing applications with RD of your RFE reply. This will effectively delay your approval if you respond to RFE. Wonder if TSC is following the same rule.

Why then is there a flood of approvals from NSC, but TSC has come to standstill?

Not quite a standstill since we have seen 1 approval (FVIRGO on 2/23) since 2/14 at TSC. Plus they seem to be sending out lots of biometrics notices for kids under 14 and are involved in the transfer of cases from VSC. :rolleyes:

BTW, someone in NSC forum reported that if you replied to RFE, your RD gets shifted to RFE date - so they won't process your application till they are processing applications with RD of your RFE reply. This will effectively delay your approval if you respond to RFE. Wonder if TSC is following the same rule.

I think the RFE response comment from NSC forum is bogus for TSC. The tracker spreadsheet has the following recent data to back up my "bogus" assumption:

• Ohioperm RD 8/2/06, replied to RFE 9/22 and was approved 1/12/07
  • LongLostHopeIn RD 6/30/06, replied to RFE 12/15/06 and was approved 12/27/06
See the tracker spreadsheet only thread for the latest tracker - updated 3/6/07.

Finally, my turn... 485s approved

Greetings to all. Today I received a flood of e-mails from USCIS, informing me that the 485s for myself, spouse, and son, had been approved (TSC). See the details in my signature. There were no LUDs except for the ones in the signature. My case had been delayed due to FBI name check. However, I consider myself lucky when compared to others.

Only one recommendation: patience. I had decided to stop worrying about this only a few weeks ago.

Best of luck to everyone

Congratulations!!
Looks like you were preadjudicated and they were waiting for your security check clearance.
Which country are you from?
Greetings to all. Today I received a flood of e-mails from USCIS, informing me that the 485s for myself, spouse, and son, had been approved (TSC). See the details in my signature. There were no LUDs except for the ones in the signature. My case had been delayed due to FBI name check. However, I consider myself lucky when compared to others.

Only one recommendation: patience. I had decided to stop worrying about this only a few weeks ago.

Best of luck to everyone

Best of luck to everyone

so how ur namecheck got cleared? u tried to do something or it cleared by itself?

Congratulations!!
Looks like you were preadjudicated and they were waiting for your security check clearance.
Which country are you from?

Venezuela. Yes, they had confirmed a few months ago that the case was pending name check.

so how ur namecheck got cleared? u tried to do something or it cleared by itself?

Cleared by itself. I had considered all options, until finally I realized it was going to be a waste of time, nerves, and money. In my own opinion, cases like mine, that are held back for a few months pending name check, are best handled with patience. Those that have been stuck for more than two years are a different story, but it seems that all possible avenues have been shut.

My 485 was approved a couple of hours ago!
I checked online status this morning and it wasn't approved. Two hours later, I received two Emails from USCIS saying that my 485 approval notice has been sent out.

Good luck to everyone!

Congrats

My 485 was approved a couple of hours ago!
I checked online status this morning and it wasn't approved. Two hours later, I received two Emails from USCIS saying that my 485 approval notice has been sent out.

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations.....! Am waiting for my turn.

aycy
NJ EB2 RIR
PD June 25'02
I-140(regular)/1-485/I-765/I-131 RD October 16'06
I-757 AD Nov 3’06
I-131 LUD Nov 21’06 AD Nov 27’06
FP November 8'06
I-140 LUD Nov 7’06, RFE Nov 9’06, LUD Nov 13’06 LUD Dec 16’06 (RFE not received)
RFE resend Jan 30’07, Jan 31’07 LUD, Feb 1’07 LUD.
RFE received Feb 5’07
RFE rebutted Feb 7’07
Texas Service Center acknowledged the RFE on February 9’07
I-140 AD Feb 21’07
I-485 Pending
Send to Nebraska but receive from TSC