TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

akela said:
By grace of Lord Ganesha and Ma Durga, recieved my 485 approval email today. There was a LUD yesterday and yes, today morning I prayed and prayed and finally it is done!!

The 485 for me and my wife has been approved and approval notice sent. I believe the next message would be that the card has been ordered.

It has been quite a long journey!! I graduated from IIT, worked in India for 2 years, went to do my MBA from top 10 MBA school here and then after that I was in the GC race. My salary has stayed the same in the last 8 years (almost), have weathered many lay offs, developed many health problems, strained my personal life. I can say it has not been worth it. But having invested so much in the process, you cannot cut and run. Finally I thank God that it is over. Hopefully my next 8 years would be many many times better than the last 8.

Hang in guys, your turn will come. If you think your storry is sad, mine is not that better (and that's the reason why I have written it).
On 485 the luds were as such -
Many in the months of July and August, when I was getting my FP done, EAD and I-140 approved (applied on July 12, 20006). The last Lud was on 2/5, approval on 2/6.
I had call customer service and they said - well never mind, I would not take there word for anything, seriously!!

Just the mantra that I chanted 108 times. Hopefully it will work for someone else as well

Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakotee Sam Prabha
Nirvighan Kuru Mev Deva Sarva Karyeshu Sarvada

thanks,
akela

congrats,

any idea when ur namecheck got cleared? from which country r u? was ur namecheck stuck for any period of time?

Thanks guys, Thanks for the congrutulations!! I will soon make a detailed posts with all the LUDs!! I believe maybe they have opened the floodgates and you all would see your approvals soon!!

I am from India (where else :) ) I had called in November and I got the answer that my file was pending security review (whatever that means). Though I have heard people saying that these replies are mostly made up. I did not go to any congressman or the like, the only people I troubled with the security check were my family, friend, Rajeev Khanna's office and my own lawyer.

Thanks again,
Akela

Last edited by a moderator:
jadoo85 said:
They finally approved the AP. See my signature.

they didn't approve anything for me yet. any idea why it took so long to approve the EAD and AP? does it have to do with NSEERS?

two approvals from TSC

A couple of approvals posted in other threads today and yesterday..

(Original messages below)

newdoc
Registered User Join Date: Nov 2005

Finally got it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the wait is over, this forum has helped immensely. Today received a bunch of approval e-mails (for all of mt family members) in the morning.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 5, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I have one question, how long does it take to get the cards after the I-485 is approved.

Details:
I-485 RD: 09/07/06
AD: 02/05/07

======================
(TSC)
difficulttogc
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2007

At last...got it!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long story short...
Started my GC process in 2002, at that time applying from Delaware or New Hampshire was crazy...every company started applying like this, my case also went the same way, and DE said to back off and take the applications back, and so came back. Later applied through Kansas and got my State approval quickly and stuck in Federal and then came in the backlog. Waited for backlog to clear. Nothing was happening.
Just before the big retrogation started applied substitution in 2005 September. With NOID and queries, finally got my GC a week back. At last the cherry on the top, got a letter yesterday from BEC that my labor is approved.

Short story Looonggg...(from substitution)
Applied for substitution (it is 140 substitution)
September last week 2005 EB2 concurrent filing with RD October first week 2005.
Just before thanks giving Nov 2005 had a LUD on 140.
RFE on 140 sent on Nov last week 2005(NOID need original Labor)
RFE response on Dec second week 2005(140 original attached, Labor has to be retrieved from old case)
Case was never touched for 4 months, made enquiry with employer
Enquiry on by employer on April second week 2006.
Enquiry response received on April last week 2006(usual response, we are actively processing your case, please contact us in 3 months) Well, case was never touched even after 3 months.
Went to local congresswoman, asked for assistance, showed all the letters from USCIS about my attempts, they talked through their liaison
Congressional enquiry July first week 2006.
Response in a week, July second week 2006 from congresswoman office, with email attached from USCIS “In 45 days if your case doesn’t move please contact us”).
July third week 2006 LUD on my 140.
July fourth week 2006 LUD on Original 140(original labor retrieved)
RFE on Sep first week 140 (Ability to pay, Experience letter required, offer letter not enough)
RFE responded in Nov last week 2006 (letters from my then co-workers and Company tax documents) …later I will also attach the reference letter format for others to use.
140 approved in 3 days after receiving response in first week December.
As it is applied concurrently expecting a speedy approval of 485.
After 20 days sent a thank you mail to congresswoman and asking to initiate query for 485. (worried of being stuck in a namecheck or some thing…)
Congresswoman office initiated a query before Christmas response received before New Year. Mail received my house on Jan first week 2007 saying “case is being assigned, if no status change in 60 days please let us knows”.
485 & wife 485 status Updated CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED Jan 11th 2007. (Few days after I received a mail from my congresswoman).
485 & wife 485 status Updated APPROVAL MAIL SENT Jan 19th 2007
My card received Jan 25th 2007.
Wife has planned to make an overseas trip end of Jan two months earlier to come back in AP
Wife did not receive the card, made infopass appointment on two days earlier to trip to get a stamp(no 485 approval, took the online printout)
Infopass refuse to give stamp, saying that the card was sent out; if card is printed we are not allowed to put a stamp on the passport.
Same day in the evening on 29th we got her card in a mail. (Smart USPS sent her mail to some other place/zip and re-routed back to my house)
At last we are happy; she went on an overseas trip.

My observation
Looks like USCIS is stopping LUD's on 485, they are not sending approval mails, rather they are sending printed cards.

How do you know that your Name Check is pending by 02/02/07 ?

antonioa77 said:
so ur AP and EAD were approved because you made your congressman interfere? what did u ask them to do?

antonioa77 said:
so ur AP and EAD were approved because you made your congressman interfere? what did u ask them to do?

I am not 100% sure, but I think it helped me. I asked them to help me, as my drivers license was expiring with EAD. I work with animals, may be that helped too.

jadoo85 said:
I am not 100% sure, but I think it helped me. I asked them to help me, as my drivers license was expiring with EAD. I work with animals, may be that helped too.

when did u ask ur congressman for help? i wana c how quick uscis is in responses to congressman.

anotonia77: if it interests you, take a look at Murthy Forums in probabloy AOS and CP threads.
Some with RD of 5/26/006 filed WOM and got approval.
look for disk786

If true then this is interesting case of WOM success with less than a year of waiting.

antonioa77 said:
took an infopass and asked there.

It would be very helpful for anyone who has contacted a congressman successfully to post an example of what they wrote. Also, would be useful to know which congressmen/senators are particularly useful in helping applicants out.

bigbang2001 said:
anotonia77: if it interests you, take a look at Murthy Forums in probabloy AOS and CP threads.
Some with RD of 5/26/006 filed WOM and got approval.
look for disk786

If true then this is interesting case of WOM success with less than a year of waiting.

thanks a lot. can u give me the exact link? it will be tough to find it by searching it on murthy.

EB2 India to retrogress?

With so many EB3 applicants from India trying to reapply in EB2 I think we will see EB2 retrogress to roughly EB3 dates. Once that happens it'll take a very long time to reach current levels - some estimate 5 - 15 years. Something similar might happen to other retrogressed countries. Let's hope TSC approves our cases quickly. I'm going to keep a close eye on Mar visa bulletin.

What do you think?

I too hear predictions and calculations many times that EB2 not only India/China but worldwide will be retrogressed late this fiscal year (a) if the BECs really eliminate the remaining backlogs as promised and (b) unless the Congress takes action to add visa numbers. That would surely affect India and China most badly I think (their PDs did not move forward last few months already, a very bad sign).

I got an email just now saying my card had been mailed, but my spouse didn't get an LUD or whatsoever. So I'm concerned what March bulletin will be like, too.

rollingstone said:
With so many EB3 applicants from India trying to reapply in EB2 I think we will see EB2 retrogress to roughly EB3 dates. Once that happens it'll take a very long time to reach current levels - some estimate 5 - 15 years. Something similar might happen to other retrogressed countries. Let's hope TSC approves our cases quickly. I'm going to keep a close eye on Mar visa bulletin.

What do you think?

geofu54 said:
I too hear predictions and calculations many times that EB2 not only India/China but worldwide will be retrogressed late this fiscal year (a) if the BECs really eliminate the remaining backlogs as promised and (b) unless the Congress takes action to add visa numbers. That would surely affect India and China most badly I think (their PDs did not move forward last few months already, a very bad sign).

I got an email just now saying my card had been mailed, but my spouse didn't get an LUD or whatsoever. So I'm concerned what March bulletin will be like, too.

Where have you read these predictions about ROW EB2 retrogression? Are these credible websites?

herenthere said:
Where have you read these predictions about ROW EB2 retrogression? Are these credible websites?

I cannot recall exactly which site off the head now, but I'll get back to you when/if I remember. I think part of them were probably some threads in this forms (I remember knowledgeable people did a bunch of calculations), and I might have read something to that effect from immigration-law.com, but I'm not perfectly positive.

The basic line of estimate arguments I saw, though, is mostly something like this.

1) Visa numbers available to EB2 worldwide: 140000*0.286*0.86 = 34400 (under the assumption that India and China will sure consume the upper limit of 7% because they are already retrogressed).

2) The number of backlogs that are believed to remain in the BECs 180000 + the number of LCs via PERM 100000 = 280000. Assuming (a) that approx. 30% of them are from the countries other than India and China, (b) that further 33% of that are EB2 and (c) that on average they have one derivative, that would give 280000 * 0.3*0.33*2 = 55440.

3) This means demand may exceed supply.

Of course, each and every prediction/calculation is based on a lot of assumptions and guesstimates, and nobody has any accurate idea what is actually going on, so it could be wrong (I hope it's wrong -- and for the record, my attorney told me not to worry). But it doesn't seem to me to be too far-fetched to believe there is not so much room to breathe (especially after seeing the recent (non)move of India and China).

geofu54 said:
I cannot recall exactly which site off the head now, but I'll get back to you when/if I remember. I think part of them were probably some threads in this forms (I remember knowledgeable people did a bunch of calculations), and I might have read something to that effect from immigration-law.com, but I'm not perfectly positive.

The basic line of estimate arguments I saw, though, is mostly something like this.

1) Visa numbers available to EB2 worldwide: 140000*0.286*0.86 = 34400 (under the assumption that India and China will sure consume the upper limit of 7% because they are already retrogressed).

2) The number of backlogs that are believed to remain in the BECs 180000 + the number of LCs via PERM 100000 = 280000. Assuming (a) that approx. 30% of them are from the countries other than India and China, (b) that further 33% of that are EB2 and (c) that on average they have one derivative, that would give 280000 * 0.3*0.33*2 = 55440.

3) This means demand may exceed supply.

Of course, each and every prediction/calculation is based on a lot of assumptions and guesstimates, and nobody has any accurate idea what is actually going on, so it could be wrong (I hope it's wrong -- and for the record, my attorney told me not to worry). But it doesn't seem to me to be too far-fetched to believe there is not so much room to breathe (especially after seeing the recent (non)move of India and China).

how ur namecheck got cleared? did u do anything to clear it or it was cleared by itself? any date when ur namecheck got cleared?

rollingstone said:

What do you think?
I am watching the bulletin, because don't know when my PD Nov.2002 gets in the retrogression hole.

Now, there are many ( PDs 2001 , 2002 ) non-RIR applications in backlog centers that getting cleared .
The queue for Indians going to be longer because largest takers for H1Bs from India. From year 2000 onwards, the cap was around 195 K H1Bs.
Say Indians took 80 K out of that . So, for 2 years around 160 K folks.
Assume 140 K folks stayed back to pursue GC. Counting the family member, the total visa numbers needed become 280 K. Now, the Indians in EB are allotted around 9 K - 10 K per year. Yes we will see 5-20 year queue !!