TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

geofu54 said:
I agree. As far as I can gather from my experience and others' I know, REF letters seem to be sent to the attorneys that represent you, whether it's about I-140 or 485. In my case, it was a REF about ATP for I-140, and I knew via email that it was issued, but the letter was sent to the attorney so I didn't know what it was about until she received it and informed me.

Does one always get a message change or an LUD indicating an RFE has been issued? My case has not moved since receipt and I'm afraid that if an LUD has been issued to my attorney, as incompetent as they are, nothing has been done and they haven't informed me.

Not necessarily... in my case, i did not see any online message change. Typically, there is an LUD, however, it is not guaranteed.

herenthere said:
Does one always get a message change or an LUD indicating an RFE has been issued? My case has not moved since receipt and I'm afraid that if an LUD has been issued to my attorney, as incompetent as they are, nothing has been done and they haven't informed me.

schehrazi said:
In my case, only the lawyer got the letter.

I also recieved similar RFE as yours. My lawyer told me that they sent out the RFE answers about a month ago. My LUD hasn't changed once.

How did you find out that TSC recieved your RFE?

TIA

Right, supposedly there is an LUD, but they are apparently so lazy or incompetent or both.

Some time ago in the forums here, a guy got neither an LUD nor any message change, and it was not until he received a physical notice via snail mail that he knew his case had been approved. The online message remained "case received and pending" for several more days after that (or never changed? I cannot recall that part). The way CIS handled the LUD thingy was inexcusably pathetic, but it was, after all, very happy news for him, so all is good. If on the other hand it is about something you need to respond and they do not update it as they are supposed to, and your attorney is an idiot, that could be a problem, possibly.

I would keep asking the attorney (assuming I cannot change for whatever reason) or TSC on a regular basis...

sam2010 said:
Not necessarily... in my case, i did not see any online message change. Typically, there is an LUD, however, it is not guaranteed.

two approvals from VSC

A few approvals from VSC. I am assuming they were stuck due to namecheck.
Gives us an insight into what namechecks are getting cleared now (looks like 2003, 2004)

(original messages below)

Testing_Times
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2002

Approved !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh yea! baby..., I can smell it, its in the air.....

FREEEEDDDDDOOMMMMM!!!!

Never thought I had this amount of patience in me.

EB3 India with PD May 3 2001
485 RD Apr 2003
1st FP Code 3 - July 2003
2nd FP Code 1 - Jan 20 2007

=================

sfsf
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

I-485 approved without a RFE for Medical

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had not submitted Medical Reports with my 485 application and was expecting a RFE instead got a letter saying my application is approved and biometrics may be required. My wife did get a RFE asking for Medicals.

What should I do? Should I get my medical reports and mail them referencing the receipt number / A number? Please advise what this would do and I DO NOT want to wait more (34 months of wait so far).

485 Application - March 15 2004
2nd FP - 11/2006
!st FP - 12/2004

yogkc said:
I also recieved similar RFE as yours. My lawyer told me that they sent out the RFE answers about a month ago. My LUD hasn't changed once.

TIA
Thanks a lot for all your inputs, folks.
I have an LUD dated 1st October (maybe they worked on the case), but nothing since. It seemed kinda wierd. I sent an inquiry to the lawyers, lets see what they say. :(

Speaking of RFEs, this from immigration-law.com

"02/05/2007: USCIS Expects to Change Rule of RFE and NOID About End of February or Early March

* The USCIS is expected to implement within this month or early March a new rule removing the current absolute requirement for, and the fixed regulatory time limitations on responses to a USCIS RFE or NOID. These changes will enable USCIS to set an appropriate deadline rather than fixed 12-week deadline for responding to an RFE or NOID, specific to the type of case, benefit category, or classification reducing the time a case is held awaiting evidence allegedly to reduce average case processing time. Under current regulations, there are certain situations in which USCIS must issue an RFE, and in all cases in which an RFE is issued, USCIS must provide a standard 12-week response time. USCIS will replace the current 12-week response period with a more flexible approach, setting response periods based on various factors such as the type of benefit sought; the type of application or petition filed; the type of evidence needed for adjudication; the source and availability of documentation (both foreign and domestic); etc. USCIS will remove most provisions that require issuance of an RFE or Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) in order to allow USCIS greater flexibility in deciding cases based on the information received, including initial evidence and other relevant materials. USCIS, in its discretion, may deny a petition or application when required initial evidence is missing. If an applicant or petitioner fails to submit the required initial evidence, and USCIS decides to deny the application or petition rather than issue an RFE, the applicant or petitioner may file a motion to reopen, with fee, as provided under 8 CFR 103.5 or file a new application or petition. The applicant or petitioner may also file an appeal of the denial if other regulatory or statutory authority exists for such appeal.
* Considering the fact that this change may take place within about a month or so, people should soon pay attention to the two things: (1) Make sure that all the "initial evidence" be meticulously collected and filed for each petition and application in order not to face unexpected denial of the application or petition without receiving a RFE. "Initial Evidence" is usually set forth in the filing instruction sheets for each application or petition. (2) When they receive a RFE, they should read very carefully the deadline for response as it can vary rather than the current 12-week time, being defnitely shorter than 12 weeks in most cases. Under the USCIS rule, failure to response to the RFE or NOID before the deadline is considered "abandonment" and case will be automatically denied. Please stay tuned to this web site for the upcoming announcement of this change. "

How wonderful - instead of making the process more customer friendly, they're going to deny applications for missing evidence instead of issuing RFEs. And notice they don't say they will have any standard guidelines for who gets denied versus who gets issued an RFE for missing information. And they want us to believe they are trying to make the process less arbritrary.

By grace of Lord Ganesha and Ma Durga, recieved my 485 approval email today. There was a LUD yesterday and yes, today morning I prayed and prayed and finally it is done!!

The 485 for me and my wife has been approved and approval notice sent. I believe the next message would be that the card has been ordered.

It has been quite a long journey!! I graduated from IIT, worked in India for 2 years, went to do my MBA from top 10 MBA school here and then after that I was in the GC race. My salary has stayed the same in the last 8 years (almost), have weathered many lay offs, developed many health problems, strained my personal life. I can say it has not been worth it. But having invested so much in the process, you cannot cut and run. Finally I thank God that it is over. Hopefully my next 8 years would be many many times better than the last 8.

Hang in guys, your turn will come. If you think your storry is sad, mine is not that better (and that's the reason why I have written it).
On 485 the luds were as such -
Many in the months of July and August, when I was getting my FP done, EAD and I-140 approved (applied on July 12, 20006). The last Lud was on 2/5, approval on 2/6.
I had call customer service and they said - well never mind, I would not take there word for anything, seriously!!

Just the mantra that I chanted 108 times. Hopefully it will work for someone else as well

Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakotee Sam Prabha
Nirvighan Kuru Mev Deva Sarva Karyeshu Sarvada

thanks,
akela

Hi

akela said:
By grace of Lord Ganesha and Ma Durga, recieved my 485 approval email today. There was a LUD yesterday and yes, today morning I prayed and prayed and finally it is done!!

The 485 for me and my wife has been approved and approval notice sent. I believe the next message would be that the card has been ordered.

It has been quite a long journey!! I graduated from IIT, worked in India for 2 years, went to do my MBA from top 10 MBA school here and then after that I was in the GC race. My salary has stayed the same in the last 8 years (almost), have weathered many lay offs, developed many health problems, strained my personal life. I can say it has not been worth it. But having invested so much in the process, you cannot cut and run. Finally I thank God that it is over. Hopefully my next 8 years would be many many times better than the last 8.

Hang in guys, your turn will come. If you think your storry is sad, mine is not that better (and that's the reason why I have written it).
Many in the months of July and August, when I was getting my FP done, EAD and I-140 approved (applied on July 12, 20006). The last Lud was on 2/5, approval on 2/6.
I had call customer service and they said - well never mind, I would not take there word for anything, seriously!!

Just the mantra that I chanted 108 times. Hopefully it will work for someone else as well

thanks,
akela

Congratulations Akela.
I am in the same boat and have seen lot of your posts in BEC too...

All the Best for the future

yogkc said:

TIA

When they recevied the RFE, I got an email and also the online message changed to "RFE received and case processing resumed"

Card ordered

Got e-mails for both me and my wife. I am assuming it means an approval. Got an LUD yesterday and the notification today :)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 5, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Congrats

Akela,

What is your I-485 FD ?
Were there any LUDs after post FP LUD ?

akela said:

My 485 FP date (ND I believe) is 7/12. Yes after a quite of 2 months (last LUD when 140 approved), there was a LUD on 9/14. Then yesterday and now Today!!
Hope that helps

akela said:

thanks,
akela

Happy for you ...Congrets.. :) I remember you are from PBEC thread finally u made it....
Ladude10

1st LC: PD July 2002 CA EB3 PBEC Status: Still waiting
2nd LC (Substitution) PD Jan 2000
I-140 RD 09/18/2006 AD 10/04/2006
485 is in TSC
I765 RD 12/8/06 AD 12/29/06
I131 RD 12/8/06 AD 1/08/07
I485 RD 12/8/06 LUD 12/31/06, 01/24/07
FP code 3 and bio done on 12/29/06

akela said:
My 485 FP date (ND I believe) is 7/12. Yes after a quite of 2 months (last LUD when 140 approved), there was a LUD on 9/14. Then yesterday and now Today!!
Hope that helps
Akela:

Congratulations dude!!!!! I'm very very happy for you.
Enjoy your freedom.
Wish you and your family the very best.

akela said:
Hope that helps

Congratulations akela , i have read lot of ur posts in bec , good luck
enjoy ur freedom
and thanks for sharing the mantra ;)

I and my wife just came back from an infopass appointment. The officer said, my and my wife's security/name check had been cleared. Only thing is that they haven't assigned cases to an officer yet. She also said, my case was't sitting, but was moving from one section to another, so that should be a good sign. I requested her to make a recommendation to TSC to assign cases to a visa officer, but she said she couldn't do that. We haven't seen any significant LUDs ever since we had our figerprints taken. So, don't know what is going on.
Do you guys know, what this means? Any comments will be appreciated.

manishg_in said:
I and my wife just came back from an infopass appointment. The officer said, my and my wife's security/name check had been cleared. Only thing is that they haven't assigned cases to an officer yet. She also said, my case was't sitting, but was moving from one section to another, so that should be a good sign. I requested her to make a recommendation to TSC to assign cases to a visa officer, but she said she couldn't do that. We haven't seen any significant LUDs ever since we had our figerprints taken. So, don't know what is going on.
Do you guys know, what this means? Any comments will be appreciated.

I guess your LUDs are because "the case moved from one section or another".
If there isn't any LUD, does that mean the case is "sitting" at one place ?

prince123 said:
I guess your LUDs are because "the case moved from one section or another".
If there isn't any LUD, does that mean the case is "sitting" at one place ?

Well... the LUDs on my I-485 don't mean much except for the one after Finger Printing. 07/08/06 was a mass LUD. 07/26/06,07/27/06 were the ones when they changed the status to "we responded to your request for the info on your case", which was nothing but crap, because I never got any info in the mail. 10/28/06 was when they changed the status for everybody, which resulted in mass LUDs.

So, basically I can not say that my LUDs were results of the case moving from one section to another. This answers your question, that even if there are no LUDs, your case is still moving (at least what appears from my discussion with the immigration officer during infopass appointment).
I think LUD changes only if a visa officer touches your case. I may be wrong. Your comments?

Congrats

Congratulations Akela.

I remember your post not too long ago asking how to track LUDs ...
I'm glad your wait's over.

Thanks for your models and guesstimates along the way.

akela said:
Hope that helps