TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

NAYAK said:

Thanks for sending this link. Glad to know that at least one national newspaper has seen the other side of the problem of legalizing illegal aliens - if they can't fix the big leak right now, how are they going to fix the bursting of the dam?

I think it will require us to bring articles like this to the attention of our congressment and senators so they don't just blindly approve an amnesty without providing the proper funding to USCIS to fix it's current process.

Our GC got approved today. Got welcome notice & Card order in less then 6 hours. I am in the TSC tracker but our case got tranfered to NSC in August.

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On January 4, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days
for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact
you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can
also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the
link below to register.

Receipt Number: SRCxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On January 3, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on
the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60
days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing
referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before
you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic
e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to
register.

PBLC_01302006 said:
I just heard here or there that some Chinese got approved within recent couple months, all of them have RD before 2006. CIS may still keep approving, but there are too many cases. So, may be our expectation is too high. I really lost my patience.

How long we have to wait is totally out of our control. This is what we are struggling and suffering now.
Based on the summary from several Chinese immigration forums, the average duration of FBI name check for Chinese is around 1 year. Commonality of Chinese name and Poor Record system in China may be the major reasons for the backlog in namecheck. China is also considered as one of unfriendly countries which have higher risky level.
Cut-off date movements for Chinese EB2 in last fiscal year have been greater than might ordinarily be expected, in an effort to maximize number use within the annual numerical limits because the majority of the cases submitted within 2006 can’t get namecheck cleared in the same year. These are significant cases with RD around 2004-2005 that were still stuck in namecheck. These old cases may use all visa number allotted to china EB2. very soon. I worried Chinese EB2 may become U after April, 2007. and then start another retrogression in 2008

2getgc said:
Based on the summary from several Chinese immigration forums, the average duration of FBI name check for Chinese is around 1 year. Commonality of Chinese name and Poor Record system in China may be the major reasons for the backlog in namecheck. China is also considered as one of unfriendly countries which have higher risky level.
Cut-off date movements for Chinese EB2 in last fiscal year have been greater than might ordinarily be expected, in an effort to maximize number use within the annual numerical limits because the majority of the cases submitted within 2006 can’t get namecheck cleared in the same year. These are significant cases with RD around 2004-2005 that were still stuck in namecheck. These old cases may use all visa number allotted to china EB2. very soon. I worried Chinese EB2 may become U after April, 2007. and then start another retrogression in 2008
Hi 2getgc,

Why "Poor Record system in China" affects FBI's namecheck???? I believe Namecheck only searchs FBI Database and records.

should Those stuck under namecheck already have their visa number? I don't see a impact of them on retrogression.

GYC said:
Hi 2getgc,

Why "Poor Record system in China" affects FBI's namecheck???? I believe Namecheck only searchs FBI Database and records.

should Those stuck under namecheck already have their visa number? I don't see a impact of them on retrogression.

FBI namecheck will also verify people’s background. The credibility of Chinese Documents is very low. Even identification card can be forged easily in China. FBI will be very cautious to Chinese. Background check for China applicants may be more time consuming.
Only approved cases will consume visa number. The cut-off date released on VB is just based on the estimation. It doesn’t you are guaranteed to have a visa number even you had submitted your I-485. USCIS can move the cut-off date backward if they think it is necessary.

2getgc said:
FBI namecheck will also verify people’s background. The credibility of Chinese Documents is very low. Even identification card can be forged easily in China. FBI will be very cautious to Chinese. Background check for China applicants may be more time consuming.
Only approved cases will consume visa number. The cut-off date released on VB is just based on the estimation. It doesn’t you are guaranteed to have a visa number even you had submitted your I-485. USCIS can move the cut-off date backward if they think it is necessary.
I thought Namecheck is part of background check, not the other way around, also when submitting I-485, one only provide passport copies not ID Card. do you mean FBI actually contacts one's own country's government for background check????

you maybe right on the visa number.

2getgc said:
Only approved cases will consume visa number. The cut-off date released on VB is just based on the estimation.

GYC said:
I thought Namecheck is part of background check, not the other way around, also when submitting I-485, one only provide passport copies not ID Card. do you mean FBI actually contacts one's own country's government for background check????

As I understand it, I believe 2getgc is correct regarding the visa number thing, i.e., only adjudicated ones consume the number. So you will still be affected by retro if your category/country is retrogressed while your I-485 is already pending (meaning your application will sit in the queue and won't be approved until your date is reached and visa number becomes available). And the cut-off is based on their estimation so there are a lot factoring in the decision -- the number of applications flowing in, how they are doing in the BECs, what's going on on the Hill, etc.

Re security check for Chinese, I'm not familiar with what 2getgc said, but one of my colleagues who is from China (she's also in the process, waiting for her PD to become current) did mention to me the other day many share same names in her country plus there are a lot of Chinese in the US wouldn't help.

GYC said:

No they never contact the residents country, if that is the case not a single case from India will ever get the background check done!!!!!
I am from India and know how the Inidan Govt works, they (Govt of India) will throw those requests in a trash can and even tell that they never received it!!!!

2getgc said:

so you are saying that namecheck clearance fro chinese has a different time than the one for people from middle east for example?

in other words, does each country have a different processing time to clear the namecheck ? or they go by FIFO altogether?

by the way, what is the source of your info?

Last edited by a moderator:
2getgc said:
Dude, there are so many countries, where you can easily buy a new identity!!! It's not just China, you can do it even in the U.S. So, my point that FBI checks the information you've submitted. If your documents read that your full legal name is Bruce Lee, then FBI will check for Bruce Lee only. Relax. Don't look for the conspiracy around every corner.

New in the forum

Hi everybody,

I filed I 485 on november (RD Novemeber16th) under the Cuban Adjustment Act. On december 16th I did FP code 3 and on december 29th my case was transferred from NSC to TSC alleging that the transfer was to accelerate the process.
Does any body have any idea how long is taking to TSC to process this type of cases? I am asking this because if you check the current processing dates for TSC there are only two different types for I485, employment based and grant of assylum.

Also, how do you guys know when the name chack has been cleared?

Thanks every body for your help

antonioa77 said:
so you are saying that namecheck clearance fro chinese has a different time than the one for people from middle east for example?

in other words, does each country have a different processing time to clear the namecheck ? or they go by FIFO altogether?

by the way, what is the source of your info?

This was based on the information posted on Chinese immigration forum, I agreed the timeline also from my personal information. However, the timeline was only meaningful statistically. Individual may vary significantly. Number of the applicants and the information collected in FBI database are two most important factors affect the duration of the FBI name check. Of course, FBI will collect more information in a country which have a more impact on US security. .I didn’t know the timeline of the middle-east country. All my coworkers from Europe got GC within 6 months. None of my Chinese friends can be that lucky.

-me- said:
Dude, there are so many countries, where you can easily buy a new identity!!! It's not just China, you can do it even in the U.S. So, my point that FBI checks the information you've submitted. If your documents read that your full legal name is Bruce Lee, then FBI will check for Bruce Lee only. Relax. Don't look for the conspiracy around every corner.

None of us knew exactly How FBI perform Namecheck. However, numerous fake documents will definitely delay the processing time of the applicants from that country. It won’t work for Chinese if FBI just check scan their database by only name, because almost every body’s name can be “hit” because of the commonality of Chinese name. i.e the population of people with family name “Li” is almost 100 million. In addition, china is a communist country which had import interest conflict with US. FBI must have collected extensive information relate to Chinese.. The probability of “hit” is high. Majority Chinese applicants may have to investigated manually. Plus the number of the Chinese applicants, our expectation can not be high

Porcessing dates haven't been updated since Dec. 18 2006, not sure if USCIS has slowed down or something else..

My point is that FBI does not check documents issued by foreign goverments and submitted by applicants at the time of name check. If they have any doubt, you use fake documents, they won't wait long to come to your house and cuff you.

2getgc said:
None of us knew exactly How FBI perform Namecheck. However, numerous fake documents will definitely delay the processing time of the applicants from that country. It won’t work for Chinese if FBI just check scan their database by only name, because almost every body’s name can be “hit” because of the commonality of Chinese name. i.e the population of people with family name “Li” is almost 100 million. In addition, china is a communist country which had import interest conflict with US. FBI must have collected extensive information relate to Chinese.. The probability of “hit” is high. Majority Chinese applicants may have to investigated manually. Plus the number of the Chinese applicants, our expectation can not be high

2getgc said:
This was based on the information posted on Chinese immigration forum, I agreed the timeline also from my personal information.

You consider that information as absolutely reliable, don't ya? :D Dude, there are so many people who keep saying on their national web-forums that their ethnicity has been always discriminated!!! Mexicans say that. Indians say that. Now you tell us that even Chinese do the same. I'm sure that Canadians say the same. I'm from Eastern Europe and my case wasn't approved in one month. Should I start crying about discrimination either? :D Relax... If someone was able to prove it, that guy would sue USCIS and become increadibly rich. Chill out. There is no conspiracy, but poor workflow.

If they really wanted to discriminate you, you would never get your visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about this ?

Folks from India,China,Mexico,Philipines get their security check cleared after 1 year
on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared within 3 months.

Folks from EU,Singapore,Malaysia,Nepa etc get their security check cleared within 3 months on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared only after 1 year.

I don't think it is discrimination. There might be some other reason.

Where do you see the statistics about the "average" time you quote?

How do you come up with the "1 year" v.s. "3 months" average? If you have credible source to prove this, then I am willing to contact a lawyer to sue them. I am serious, I am from China. Thanks for sharing.

prince123 said:
Folks from India,China,Mexico,Philipines get their security check cleared after 1 year
on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared within 3 months.

Folks from EU,Singapore,Malaysia,Nepa etc get their security check cleared within 3 months on an average. There may be exceptions - some getting cleared only after 1 year.

I don't think it is discrimination. There might be some other reason.