TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

java01 said:
Just joined this forum,

Concurrent, country of birth=pakistan
485 RD is 08/10/06, FP 08/29/06
I140 AD 11/14/06

Looks like I'm stuck with this namecheck also, since my colleague from germany got 485 approval in december, he applied in august also.

I am not sure if it is just related to country . I am from a muslim country also but I got my approval in 2 months.
I think as far as I understand about this name check:
It is related to everything from your marital status to the country, from your in out times ( I 94's) to your profession. Also maybe your name (might be a confusion for them. )

Even I was thinking that we left our home countries years ago and I remember I use to have many accounts ( bank accounts, credit cards etc etc) and my Id cards etc. What if someone used my accounts or Id after I came to US. Because they notice that this person moved to another country? ( God protect but this might happen.)

Even the background check request from your country might be an issue for FBI. Because some countries dont have as good record database as others.
I think lots of factors on the considiration. Also I would add luck.

I hope all you guys gets the results soon. It is a great feeling...

Take care

VOYAGER_99 said:
I am not sure if it is just related to country . I am from a muslim country also but I got my approval in 2 months.
I think as far as I understand about this name check:
It is related to everything from your marital status to the country, from your in out times ( I 94's) to your profession. Also maybe your name (might be a confusion for them. )

Even I was thinking that we left our home countries years ago and I remember I use to have many accounts ( bank accounts, credit cards etc etc) and my Id cards etc. What if someone used my accounts or Id after I came to US. Because they notice that this person moved to another country? ( God protect but this might happen.)

Even the background check request from your country might be an issue for FBI. Because some countries dont have as good record database as others.
I think lots of factors on the considiration. Also I would add luck.

I hope all you guys gets the results soon. It is a great feeling...

Take care

Thanks Voyager and congrats on your approval.

Thing is, not every muslim or arab country has problem(from DHS perspective), like dubai, malaysia etc...they are kinda ok for them as compared to others...shouldn't be but we just need to be patient now.

java01 said:

Thing is, not every muslim or arab country has problem(from DHS perspective), like dubai, malaysia etc...they are kinda ok for them as compared to others...shouldn't be but we just need to be patient now.

it is not about the country. i'm from lebanon in the middle east. my friend got his namechekc cleared in 2 days and i'm stuck. we come fronm the same background and sam neighborhood. it is a matter of luck simply. people from europe have benn stuck too in this forum. so definitely it is not about country.

java01 said:
Just joined this forum,

Concurrent, country of birth=pakistan
485 RD is 08/10/06, FP 08/29/06
I140 AD 11/14/06

Looks like I'm stuck with this namecheck also, since my colleague from germany got 485 approval in december, he applied in august also.

will depend on your PD, My friend from PAK jsut got his within 2 months of 485 ND and that too with the interview(he has some cases which he was all clear) and on the top his name is in that National security list and they still stop him at all the airports for further verification.

Miss the appointment for biometrics, what to do?

Hi,

While I was on vacation back home, an appointment letter for biometrics (code 1) was sent to me. The appointment was on Dec. 26th, 2006. I got the letter today. Can anyone advise me what to do to make up? It is mentioned in the letter that if I don't appear my case will be considered abandoned (SCARY :confused: ). It is also weird that I had biometrics (code3) only half a year ago.

Thank you for your help!

BaliUSA said:
will depend on your PD, My friend from PAK jsut got his within 2 months of 485 ND and that too with the interview(he has some cases which he was all clear) and on the top his name is in that National security list and they still stop him at all the airports for further verification.

Thanks for response.

So your friend already had security clearance, which makes his case bit different from others, isn't it?

My PD is 05/12/06(PERM) I think as mentioned on I140, original LC PD 03/2004

java01 said:

Patience, patience... Really after years of waiting in an unsatisfied situation, you kind a loose you patience and it is very normal. What is more, you lost your balance. I got the result but I still feel weird, like the nightmare is not over yet...

I think you can walk in today or tomorrow.Any other suggestions.

newcomer_2004 said:
Hi,

While I was on vacation back home, an appointment letter for biometrics (code 1) was sent to me. The appointment was on Dec. 26th, 2006. I got the letter today. Can anyone advise me what to do to make up? It is mentioned in the letter that if I don't appear my case will be considered abandoned (SCARY :confused: ). It is also weird that I had biometrics (code3) only half a year ago.

Thank you for your help!

USALABOR said:
I think you can walk in today or tomorrow.Any other suggestions.

It should say on the notice that you got at what other dates and times that you can come if you miss the appointment.

Fp

Newcomer,
Take the notice and just walk-in. Last week in my son's case we just walked in and finished the FP in 10 minutes. Thiugh the date was different, they did not ask any questions and entertained us.

Background check system?

supposedly BCS should be operational on 01/03/2007 which is yesterday unless it was stopped. do u guys have any idea what happened with BCS ? is it working now or what?

at least USCIS should have mentioned it officially. what a bureaucratic agency. never ending !

I don't think this BCS affects us at the moment. I read the document throughly, it is a computer system to consolidate whatever the government has about you, but, the data will be entered in it from now on, meaning that those who have paper documents here and there at the moment, won't benefit.

schehrazi said:
I don't think this BCS affects us at the moment. I read the document throughly, it is a computer system to consolidate whatever the government has about you, but, the data will be entered in it from now on, meaning that those who have paper documents here and there at the moment, won't benefit.

you are right. but also i think that even for people who will apply after BCS will be implemented, BCS will not expedite this namechekc redicilous tunnel. BCS is just used internaly in USCIS. so in any case, BCS is useless as far as namecheck in my opinion. the problem of namecheck is at the FBI level

I just heard here or there that some Chinese got approved within recent couple months, all of them have RD before 2006. CIS may still keep approving, but there are too many cases. So, may be our expectation is too high. I really lost my patience.

How long we have to wait is totally out of our control. This is what we are struggling and suffering now.

write to USCIS director to encourage momentum of efficiency improvement

I am thinking to write a letter to the USCIS director, Dr. Emilio Gonzalez, to urge him to keep the momentum of continuing to reduce backlog and to speed up processing. He was recently reconized as one of the recepients of Outstanding Americans by Choice award. I want to congratulate him and the same time encourage him to turn the 6 month processing pledge into an ongoing project. Ironically I have not been able to search his exact mailing address for this letter. Can some folks here provide his mailing address if you know where to locate it?

Additionally, I want to ask everyone who has a pending I485 to write such letter to show him we are caring about the 6 month processing pledge. There is little can be done, other than WOM lawsuit, to speed up FBI name check; but for the majority of us it is the USCIS service center that are holding up the processing.

In stead of venting frustration on this board, this is better to use our time.

Foipa

does anyone know how tio file freedom of privacy act? i'm checkin on fbi webiste but it is confusing? anybody know exactly how to file?