TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

worriedEngineer said:
I make an infopass appointment next thursday. My I485 ND is 04/07/2006 and my PD is current, It is more than one month pass TSC process date. . I will try to find what's going on for my case. My case was transfered from CSC to TSC, my I485 case iwas lost during the transfer and lawyer has to refile it. I wish my file not lost again. I looked at the I485 tracker, a lot of cases (>50%) with ND before 05/16/2006 are sill pending. It is hardto believe all these cases are pending FBI namecheck.

Hi worriedEngineer,

Could you please me what infopass is for and how to make an appointment? My Pd is 5/15/2006 and nothing happens now. Just in case I have to do something if my case is still quiet in the coming months. Thanks in advance.

PBLC_01302006 said:
Hi worriedEngineer,

Could you please me what infopass is for and how to make an appointment? My Pd is 5/15/2006 and nothing happens now. Just in case I have to do something if my case is still quiet in the coming months. Thanks in advance.

Can you call TSC and see what they have to say about your case, as per TSC one can call 'em if case is pending for more than 6 months, give that a shot first and let us know...

Oh yeah! Enjoy!

pranamNY said:
I got this Email today. I guess thats a approval right?

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 4, 2006, we ordered production of your new card. Please
allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
-------------------

I-485 Details
-------------
I485
----
SRC 070275XXXX,FD OCT 11, 2006,RD Nov 8 2006,LUD NOv 13 2006
For my wife
LUD Nov 13 ,Nov 25
EAD
-----
SRC 070275XXXX , FD Oct 11 2006 , RD Nov 8 2006 , LUD Dec 04, Dec 05
Status Approved Dec 05 2006
Travel Document
---------------
SRC070275XXXX , FD OCT 11 2006 , RD Nov 8 2006, LUD Dec 4,Dec 5.
Finger Printing
------------------
ND Nov 14 2006, Appointment Date Nov 29 2006
FP done Dec 2 2006

I think it might be because your 140 hasn't been approved yet.

eezee said:
I haven't received anything from USCIS about my FP. It seems it's usually 2 weeks after I-485 RD. Not even LUD since 8/18. My lawyer says I shouldn't worry?! If I call USCIS they say I have to call back when my application is pending for 6 month.
I guess without FP USCIS doesn't even start name check?!
Is this really normal?

EB2 - Hungary - TSC
LC: PD 9/12/03, AD 6/22/06
AP/EAD: 8/18/06, AD 9/14/06
I-140: RD 8/18/06, RFE 10/3/06, LUD 10/24/06
I-485: RD 8/18/06, ??? :confused:

I-765 was approved in 19 days. However, I have heard nothing about I-140 Premium Processing. No decision, no RFE, no receipt notice. I pushed my employer's attorney to follow up on 16th day.

NAYAK said:
June 1st, 2006 for 485....2 weeks progress

Good sign....

Trust me these dates are just eye wash to maintain that they are looking the applications within 6 months,
Imagine how can so many types of applications have the same dates??????

I have been waiting and my few applications are way past those 6 months dates and no news yet,

KMax said:
I think it might be because your 140 hasn't been approved yet.
It was approved on 11/2/06. Sorry for not updating my signature.

EB2 - Hungary - TSC
I-140: RD 8/18/06, RFE 10/3/06, LUD 10/24/06, AD 11/02/06
I-485: RD 8/18/06, ???

Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

I got this news from "Braking News" website:
I am wondering if they can build this by January.
It will be a great relief for a lot of us.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20061800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2006/E6-20289.htm

USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

The immigration and naturalization proceedings have witnessed a substantial delays in some cases because of the so-called background check delays. In naturalization proceedings, such backlog has produced a substantial number of federal district court litigation in the form of Mandamus action to force the agency to perform the job.
In order to process and adjudicate immigration proceedings, USCIS conducts three different background checks on applicants/petitioners applying for USCIS benefits: (1) A Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Fingerprint Check, (2) a FBI Name Check, and (3) a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Treasury Enforcement Communication System/Interagency Border Inspection System (TECS/IBIS) Name Check. In order to assist in this task, USCIS established a new
system of records that will consolidate all background check requests and results on immigration benefit applicants/petitioners. This new system of records is called the Background Check Service (BCS). The Background Check Service allows authorized U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services representatives to request background checks and access the data stored in the Background Check Service during the adjudication process in order to facilitate informed decision-making. As a centralized repository containing all background check activity, BCS will provide the status and results of background checks required for completion of immigration eligibility petitions and applicationdeterminations from one web-based system to geographically dispersed field offices. This system supports USCIS's initiatives to reduce immigration benefit/petition case backlog and provide significant efficiencies in vetting and resolving the background checks that are required for USCIS benefits. Prior to BCS, information relating to the FBI Fingerprint Checks and the FBI Name Checks were stored in the FD-258 system and FBI Query system respectively.
Information relating to the TECS/IBIS Name Checks was not stored in any system.
USCIS asserts that this consolidated and centralized Background Check Services will contribute to the reduction of backlogs. This established system of records will be effective January 3, 2007 unless comments are received that result in a contrary determination.

Get an infopass appt. and talk to them. Maybe the mail got lost.

eezee said:
It was approved on 11/2/06. Sorry for not updating my signature.

EB2 - Hungary - TSC
I-140: RD 8/18/06, RFE 10/3/06, LUD 10/24/06, AD 11/02/06
I-485: RD 8/18/06, ???

WindyRoad said:

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20061800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2006/E6-20289.htm

USCIS Proposes to Operate Centralized Background Check Systems to Reduce Backlogs Effective 01/03/2007

===

big news, IF true, didn't see anything on USCIS website or any attroneys website

my husband called TSC again and confirmed that our case is pending with security check. The why last time the officer told us that we should get it within 2 months? My husband want me to call tomorrow to check if my security check has been cleared. Does the I485 of primary applicant have to be approve before the dependent's I485 to be approved?

bay said:
my husband called TSC again and confirmed that our case is pending with security check. The why last time the officer told us that we should get it within 2 months? My husband want me to call tomorrow to check if my security check has been cleared. Does the I485 of primary applicant have to be approve before the dependent's I485 to be approved?

what is ur case details? RD? country ? I140...?

PERM AD March 2006
EB2 Worldwide
I140/485 RD 4/28/2006
I140 AD 5/18/2006
FP 5/19/2006
LUD 6/17/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
check this

I see this breaking news in http://www.immigration-law.com/

UKGUY_AOS said:
WindyRoad said:

===

big news, IF true, didn't see anything on USCIS website or any attroneys website

This sucks

4 years down the drain for LC in PBEC, now another 4 years will be down the drain for NC BEC. I am convinced one thing that these guys can never get anything right.
I am so sure they are going to screw this up for everybody again.

Sucks big time.

go to www.uscis.gov, click schedule an appointment at lower right corner. Follow the instruction to make an appoint.
WE

PBLC_01302006 said:
Hi worriedEngineer,

My wife'case didn't lost. TSC call the lawyer to say she is not eligible for GC because no primary I485 application. Lawyer file I485 again for me.
WE
Mike20006 said:
You should also call the National Customer Service and let them know. They will give you a referral. It probably doesn't do much, but better than nothing. If you're case ends up with WOM, you should show that you have used all resources before resorting to a law suit.

This is just a speculation: Maybe, Maybe TSC is processing cases with newer priority dates to show that they are more up-to-date than other centers. Maybe there is an incentive for the officers if they show they did much better than other centers for the year 2006. I think they are focusing more on the newer cases to keep their goal of 6 months processing time. If they go back to process the older files, they will fall behind their goal. I think the files that were transferred from other service centers really messed up TSC.

When and how did TSC let you know that your file was lost?

But, USCIS better than DOL ?

sk0902 said:
4 years down the drain for LC in PBEC, now another 4 years will be down the drain for NC BEC. I am convinced one thing that these guys can never get anything right.
I am so sure they are going to screw this up for everybody again.

Sucks big time.

Whats the difference?

It is a Govt organization. Govt offices here is worse than india. There, atleast you can get things done, somehow. Here, they just will not work.
The issue is not with the Govt employees as lower level. The issue is with those who decide policies in Govt.
Remember, for Labor BPC, they keyed in all the applications manually in the new system, all over again. A data, that is available in some electronic form, instead of migrating that data into the new systems database, they manually keyed in. All 350K of them. This is how they take decisions.

These people are Govt school educated. They can't compete in the open private sector market for jobs. So they are doing Govt job. Its a job program that is designed to pull these people out from poverty.

I don't know about others in this forum, BUT I am very scared about this new centralized stuff. I am already a victim of one such NOBLE effort of Govt.

JUST MY OPINION.

This country sent men to moon

sk0902 said:
.......Remember, for Labor BPC, they keyed in all the applications manually in the new system, all over again. A data, that is available in some electronic form, instead of migrating that data into the new systems database, they manually keyed in. All 350K of them. This is how they take decisions.

Yes that was horrible, may be it was part of govt. job creation at the expense
of future immigrants. If immigrants ever complain , they can shout "Go back to your home country" and not necessarily fix/improve the system. Mainly
luck plays here. I hope former immigrants and their descendants are getting good treatment from the govt. agencies.