TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

What number to call

imcdude,

What number should i call to check my status. When i call the regular 1-800 listed it doesn't give me any other option other than the automated status updated.

Thanks,
dom

Security Clearance

Hi,
I called TSC today and they told me that my application is pending in Security clearance. Anyone knows how long that takes?. Is there any way we can check on the status with FBI?.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks ...

prince123 said:
Now to check another 'rumor' . Sending more than $5000 at a time to native place puts one's name on a watch list ( and hence name hit ) ?
I am hearing this for first time. I would rather not worry about any of such things. If needed, I would recommend trying some proven routes like sending some "emails" or "registered mails" to FBI or contacting local senator/congressman etc....

Also my observation, people here are already anxious about their cases and this kind of rumors would just add to their anxiety so try to bring in some creative perspective rather than rumors

My Name check is also pending? What Can I do to help my situation?

My dates are very similar to PhC. Also I am travelling on AP, is that an issue?

Thanks,
akela

name check pending

Even I called USCIS and I got an email from them saying that my name check is in Extended Review status. here are my details

PD - dec 2000
I-485 RD march 2006
FP date - 8/17/2006.
from there name check is pending. so Gurus does anyone know what is this Extended Review status is,
thanks

I heard about this 'rumor' sometime back

osheth said:

Also my observation, people here are already anxious about their cases and this kind of rumors would just add to their anxiety so try to bring in some creative perspective rather than rumors

I agree. It added to my anxiety . That is why asked it in the forum. I wish that was not the case. The reason for this particular case based on the fact that banks are obliged to
report big transactions to the govt and especially if the recepient is in a country where a 'particular' section of people are present, the agencies get more interested.

Many people hear first time something from forums. SOme of them turn out to be pure baseless stuff, some other adds to the education of reader and makes him wonder whether he could read it much earlier.

rumor - money

.it is baseless and rumor only. do not give too much thought and worry about the same

All immigrants frequently send money back home... there might be a case or two mistakenly reviewed which should not be viewed as it happens to everybody...

One of my friend filed 485 in 2000 and still waiting...contacted the senators and everything is done from lawyers ...but of no use...it says extended security review ...nothing more than that !! so not in our hands ..he is one unlucky among us...

as long as we do not receive an RFE, I think we should not worry

Now a days I485 is being processed fast and also information about the case is quick once the RD is past one month from processing dates published...as most of us suffered a long wait in labor certification....we we are expecting the process to finish ASAP...

Give six months after filing 485 and look for more details on the application....I have started my journey in 2001 and filed I485 in Jun.2006.

May be 07 will be lucky year for me !!

NAYAK said:

as long as we do not receive an RFE, I think we should not worry

Give six months after filing 485 and look for more details on the application....

Excellent advice and I second this. 2007 will be good for everyone, one of my colleagues got approval after little over 6 months today, so let's keep fingers crossed.

Yeah, i hope year 2007 brings good.

Atleast one good thing will happen for me. By Feb.1 , 2007 i will become
eligible for AC21 portability. Who knows , on more optimisitc note, I-485 might
be approved :)

Name Check

We called the National Service Center and we were on hold for about 2 hours inquring about our name check status, and the officer told my wife and myself that our name check is still pending, hence the delay in processing our applications. I thought he is not telling the truth, so made an infopass appointment, and during our appointment the officer told us that our name checks were cleared in May 2006!!!
Our PD for I-485 applications is January 2006, and they were transferred from CSC to TSC in March 2006.
I suspect they have lost the files, but not admitting it.

Is there anybody here with similar situation?

Mike20006 said:
We called the National Service Center and we were on hold for about 2 hours inquring about our name check status, and the officer told my wife and myself that our name check is still pending, hence the delay in processing our applications. I thought he is not telling the truth, so made an infopass appointment, and during our appointment the officer told us that our name checks were cleared in May 2006!!!
Our PD for I-485 applications is January 2006, and they were transferred from CSC to TSC in March 2006.

s o u r saying that ur namecheck got cleared in 4 months? when was it initiated? from which country r u?

antonioa77 said:
s o u r saying that ur namecheck got cleared in 4 months? when was it initiated? from which country r u?

We had our FP in April 2004. It took 22 days to clear.
I'm from Canada, and my wife is from Iran.

prince123 said:
I agree. It added to my anxiety . That is why asked it in the forum. I wish that was not the case. The reason for this particular case based on the fact that banks are obliged to
report big transactions to the govt and especially if the recepient is in a country where a 'particular' section of people are present, the agencies get more interested.

Many people hear first time something from forums. SOme of them turn out to be pure baseless stuff, some other adds to the education of reader and makes him wonder whether he could read it much earlier.

I think the disclosure story of the administration's "secret" bank surveillance program some months ago (early summer, if I recall, and that made quite a big headline) has just gotten blown up. That sort of news storyline can easily and quickly do, and spread like wildfire as if it were true when all those doubts and anxieties about the processing status are constantly gnawing at people. But I just don't think it's feasible to track all $5,000 transactions to name-check them.

At any rate -- like people said, better start to worry and think about the action to take if we get an RFE or if nothing happens when six months have passed. Let's believe things will be fine.

OFAC monitoring

FYI- OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets control) usually monitors transactions of suspected terrorists OR transactions with nations under some US trade sanctions. But in last couple of years, there may have been a more blanket reporting requirement on banks to inform all international wire transfers, money orders over a certain amount. It may be 5K or 10K ..am not sure.

Obviously we don't know how the data will be used. But according to my naive thinking, it shouldn't pose any problem for normal people with international family transactions.

infopass inquiry

I make an infopass appointment next thursday. My I485 ND is 04/07/2006 and my PD is current, It is more than one month pass TSC process date. . I will try to find what's going on for my case. My case was transfered from CSC to TSC, my I485 case iwas lost during the transfer and lawyer has to refile it. I wish my file not lost again. I looked at the I485 tracker, a lot of cases (>50%) with ND before 05/16/2006 are sill pending. It is hardto believe all these cases are pending FBI namecheck.

Mike20006 said:

worriedEngineer said:
I make an infopass appointment next thursday. My I485 ND is 04/07/2006 and my PD is current, It is more than one month pass TSC process date. . I will try to find what's going on for my case. My case was transfered from CSC to TSC, my I485 case iwas lost during the transfer and lawyer has to refile it. I wish my file not lost again. I looked at the I485 tracker, a lot of cases (>50%) with ND before 05/16/2006 are sill pending. It is hardto believe all these cases are pending FBI namecheck.

You should also call the National Customer Service and let them know. They will give you a referral. It probably doesn't do much, but better than nothing. If you're case ends up with WOM, you should show that you have used all resources before resorting to a law suit.

This is just a speculation: Maybe, Maybe TSC is processing cases with newer priority dates to show that they are more up-to-date than other centers. Maybe there is an incentive for the officers if they show they did much better than other centers for the year 2006. I think they are focusing more on the newer cases to keep their goal of 6 months processing time. If they go back to process the older files, they will fall behind their goal. I think the files that were transferred from other service centers really messed up TSC.

When and how did TSC let you know that your file was lost?