TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

zzzz4zzzz said:
What will happen if PD is current for EB2( PD is early 2002 , india) and their RD is 6/30/06 ??
is that they have to wait until RD is 6/30/06

zzzz4zzzz, I didn't understand what you meant by your last sentence.

I hope everyone understands that when i was saying in my last post about everyone being so anxious, I didn't mean it in a bad way at all. I am so anxious too, it's just that my I485 is almost sitting at the 8 month mark, so it gets frustrating to hear about approvals that happen in one month ( Congrats to those people of course :) ).

Anyway, i really was intending to just inform people who were on EB2 and had an RD between January and March 2008; that USCIS is in fact still working on this entire batch and that they are behind, regardless of their "new and improved" manner of reporting the processing dates.

Again, good luck to everyone!

letared said:
Anyway, i really was intending to just inform people who were on EB2 and had an RD between January and March 2008; that USCIS is in fact still working on this entire batch and that they are behind, regardless of their "new and improved" manner of reporting the processing dates.

Hi,

Is it that the your application is not 'touched' ( except when took the finger print ) and not even sent for name check ?

RFE related question

Hello,

I got an RFE on my I-485 on Aug 30 (legal status history). My lawyer sent the response on Sep 12. I noticed an LUD on Sep 14 and do not know whether to attribute it to the recent mass LUD or to receipt of the RFE response. The status message did not change -- still states how they sent the RFE.

My question: is there a change of the current status message once the RFE response is received by the Immigration? Also, if anyone knows: is an RFE on primary applicant's I-485 typically issued after the background check completion or it may bear no relation to it?

Thanks, and thanks to everyone who is sharing the info!

prince123 said:
Hi,

Is it that the your application is not 'touched' ( except when took the finger print ) and not even sent for name check ?

According to the officer, there is nothing pending on the case, it is still in it's particular queue.

Of course, all hinges on whether we believe what they tell us or not.

I do believe that they have a definite system of priorities in terms of adjudication and that it IS NOT only dependent on receipt date. I think they have more complex algorithms to deal with this, but prefer not to share this with the public (for whatever reasons).

We are at their mercy, that's for sure. :eek: :eek: :eek:

What is legal status history

What was this rfe about? Exactly what information did they want?

GreenLantern said:
Hello,

I got an RFE on my I-485 on Aug 30 (legal status history). My lawyer sent the response on Sep 12. I noticed an LUD on Sep 14 and do not know whether to attribute it to the recent mass LUD or to receipt of the RFE response. The status message did not change -- still states how they sent the RFE.

My question: is there a change of the current status message once the RFE response is received by the Immigration? Also, if anyone knows: is an RFE on primary applicant's I-485 typically issued after the background check completion or it may bear no relation to it?

Thanks, and thanks to everyone who is sharing the info!

inquire name check

prince123 said:
Hi,

hi to everyone, exactly how do one inquire if name check is initiated? is is by calling the national customer service number? thank you very much :)

jonrn said:
hi to everyone, exactly how do one inquire if name check is initiated? is is by calling the national customer service number? thank you very much :)
Just read the last few pages of this thread. It has been answered several times.
Pl go thru the threads, FAQs before you ask. The questions might have been answered already.
Be aware that it is not a paid site, some one is funding to run this site. Just filling the database with repeated questions will harm all of us one day.

LUD on Sunday

I didn't expect anything much when checking my application status this morning but interestingly I have LUD on Sunday! I am sure nobody at USCIS is working on that day so it could be from some automated system.

EB2/RIR/Others
LC RD 05/22/02 AD 05/11/06 (NJ --> PBEC)
I-140 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 AD 07/29/06 08/01/06 08/07/06
I-485 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/26/06 09/17/06
FP: 07/25/06
I-765 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/27/06 AD 07/26/06
I-131 RD 07/06/06 LUD 07/31/06 08/01/06 AD 08/02/06 08/07/06

update

All my familay's I-485 also LUD 9/17/2006, a Sunday. Anyone else got LUD this day? Hope this is a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
I140 case# v.s. I485 case#

For those who filed I140/I485 case concurrently, use your I485 case number minus your I140 case number, how much do you get? please list here, let's do a statistics, just give the digits apart here, not your actual cases numbers.

You may randomly check the case numbers between your I140 and I485 numbers to see how other cases are doing.

does anyone get a negative number, which means your I485 has a case number before your I140 case number?

Please share your experience.

The difference for mine is 41 (I485 case# - I140 case#).

LUD on Sunday -- I140

My I140 which was approved on Aug 22nd had a LUD yesterday (17th Sep). Looks like something is brewing in TSC.
I couriered my 485 / AP/ EAD docs 3 days back and do not have an update on any LUD there.

letared said:
zzzz4zzzz, I didn't understand what you meant by your last sentence.

I hope everyone understands that when i was saying in my last post about everyone being so anxious, I didn't mean it in a bad way at all. I am so anxious too, it's just that my I485 is almost sitting at the 8 month mark, so it gets frustrating to hear about approvals that happen in one month ( Congrats to those people of course :) ).

my question was if i apply on 6/30/06 and PD is current in EB2, is that i have to wait until the date 6/30 where TSC is working? according to you TSC is working on Jan/Feb 06 RD dates, so i have to wait until RD becomes June 30,06 eventhough my PD is current as per Visa Bulletin????

richshi said:
For those who filed I140/I485 case concurrently, use your I485 case number minus your I140 case number, how much do you get? please list here, let's do a statistics, just give the digits apart here, not your actual cases numbers.

You may randomly check the case numbers between your I140 and I485 numbers to see how other cases are doing.

does anyone get a negative number, which means your I485 has a case number before your I140 case number?

Please share your experience.

The difference for mine is 41 (I485 case# - I140 case#).

mine is 9 between 485 and 140 receipts

mine is 13. I did check other cases and found that one I485 case has been approved in Auguest whereas some earlier case number are still pending.
But the approved case seems to be filed on the same day as mine because another case with smaller case number than that approved one has the same RD as mine.
If the case number is assigned by the time they received, then there may be many possibilities.
1. some officer processes cases faster and some are slower. The approved one is just lucky.
2. It reflects the name check status cleared or not.
3. they handle cases by random?
4. The approved one has a very old PD of LC from retrogressive countries
5. anyone know?

Last edited by a moderator:
zzzz4zzzz said:
my question was if i apply on 6/30/06 and PD is current in EB2, is that i have to wait until the date 6/30 where TSC is working? according to you TSC is working on Jan/Feb 06 RD dates, so i have to wait until RD becomes June 30,06 eventhough my PD is current as per Visa Bulletin????

Actually, your question is what we are struggling now. Some cases from Indian/China got approved in 2 months, but their I485 RD is in June/2006. However, their LC PD is very old, in 2001/2002. So, that is why I think the PD is the same important as RD for your 485 approval, I mean the cases from Indian/China with EB2 or EB3.

You can look at the spread sheet the cases with short approval time (from Indian/China only)...

Mine is 154.

phc said:
mine is 13. ---If the case number is assigned by the time they received, then there may be many possibilities.
1. some officer processes cases faster and some are slower. The approved one is just lucky.
2. It reflects the name check status cleared or not.
3. they handle cases by random?
4. anyone know?

I140 case# v.s. I485 case#

From what we gather here, the possiblities are many. The digit difference varies so much case by case (from 9 to 778) , it is almost impossible to figure anything out of it. Yeah, some cases are just lucky. For the majority of us, better be patient, and wait 5 months before calling them to inquire.

Diff betn my I-140 receipt # and 485 receipt # is 60 (concurrently filed).

I'm not sure I understand the point of calculating this difference though.

See below my signature for RD and LUD.

I have not seen any movement/LUD's since last May, almost four months.

Please advise, shall I call USCIS to inquire the status or should I wait till my RD becomes current.

Thanks