TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

sbs said:
Hi all.

My I485 has been pending since July-2005. During this time EB2 priority date was current then got reterograted, then now the priority cutoff date for EB2 is Jan-2003. During this past one year we did deveral status inquiry with USCIS and the response was that the case is on hold awaiting name check verification from FBI. In the mean time after the first year aniversary of waiting on the I485 approval, i got my congress man involved to do a status check with FBI in the moth of July of 2006. The response from the FBI was that the case is waiting for the name check to be cleared. We did another status check with USCIS on 31st of Aug-2006, and received a response dated Oct-5th in the mail on Oct-15th. This time the response says "Waiting on the priority date to become current". Since this sounded funny, i called my congress man's office and asked them if they can clarify with USCIS to see if the name check is cleard and waiting for the priority date to become current or the letter was just a standard template they used saying "waiting for the PD to become current". Well, the response from the gongress man's office is that they heard from USCIS that the "FBI name check was cleared on Aug-06" and now the case is waiting for the Visa availablity.

Now, does it means that if the Name check is cleard then the case is ready for approval when the date becomes current, or name check is only a part of FBI verification and the Fingure printing verification also need to be cleared by FBI which is another check before a case can be said its ready for approvel?

Can you all experts please through some light on this for me?

I just can't express what a big relief i am going through as i am typing this....
We got the I485 approved as of this morning... I got the Case status email on all three of our cases(self, spouse and son) and it says on Nov, 02 2006, this I485 case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed.

What a great way to start the day when i saw this email when i got to work this morning!!!!!!

As you can see our priority date is 08-19-2002, and the VISA availability date for EB2 India for Nov-06 is Jan-2003. I saw one LUD yesterday 11-01-2006 on all our cases, this morning another LUD with 11-02-2006 and when i looked at the details, the case has been approved.

THERE IS NO WORD TO EXPRESS WHAT A STRESS WE HAD TO GO THROUGH TO GET THIS FAR, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE GOT THROUGH ALL THOSE WITHOUT ALL THE INFORMATION, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGING WORDS FROM ALL OF YOU HERE IN THIS FORUM.

ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL, WHICH COMES FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

I PRAY FOR ALL THE REST OF MY FELLOW FRIENDS HERE TO GET THROUGH THIS "SAGA" WITH LESS ROAD BLOCKS.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

Last edited by a moderator:
zzzz4zzzz said:
congrats sbs, enjoy
wow..today we saw already 3 485 EB2 approvals
Thanks ZZZZ.

So, can i get some insight on what to expect next? I remember friends talking about going for a stamping, then getting the actual card and all that. I am not sure if any further forms to be filed to make effective and retain the new status, and what to watch for if i am traveling to India in the next few months...

sbs said:
Thanks ZZZZ.

So, can i get some insight on what to expect next? I remember friends talking about going for a stamping, then getting the actual card and all that. I am not sure if any further forms to be filed to make effective and retain the new status, and what to watch for if i am traveling to India in the next few months...

if you did FP code 3, then you no need to go for stamping, you'll get mail saying that they ordered cards for your family
if you didnt do FP code 3 then you have to go for stamping

CAPD02 said:
Again thanks to all who are shared thoughts directly with me on this forum and also thanks to everyone.

Hey CAP,

We will be missing you here. Stop by sometimes and say hi and congrats. :)

Hi,

My I-485 RD is 9/15/06. I got an update right after my finger print which was about a week after my RD. My I-140 was approved two weeks ago and a week after that (last week), I got two other LUDs. Does anyone know how I can figure out if my name check has been cleared?

I should say that my case is kinda special. I filed an I-485 application thru DV lottery in 2003, however my security clearance took a year and six month to finish therefore, I lost my chance for a greencard thru DV. Since I have not left the States since that time, if the FBI system is a little bit smart and is linked to A#, they should see that I have passed all the security clearances once about two years ago. So I have two questions if you could please tell me your idea or if anybody has been in the same situation, I would be grateful to know the result:

1. Is there anyway to know the name check has been cleared?

2. Regarding my special case, I have passed all the security clearances including name check about two years ago, however since the DV deadline was passed I was not granted permanent residency. Does this have any effect on my current security checks?

Thank you so much.

It's so encouraging to see EB2-India approvals barely 2 days after the visa dates moved forward to Jan 2003. As you will see from my signature, I have every reason to be hopeful myself. Have been patiently waiting out the 6 months to call to find out about my name check clearance. Secretly hoping I'll see an approval before I call in another 2 weeks. In the meantime it's very comforting to see these approvals. Congrats to the approved and Good luck to the rest of us!

LCHopeful said:
It's so encouraging to see EB2-India approvals barely 2 days after the visa dates moved forward to Jan 2003. As you will see from my signature, I have every reason to be hopeful myself. Have been patiently waiting out the 6 months to call to find out about my name check clearance. Secretly hoping I'll see an approval before I call in another 2 weeks. In the meantime it's very comforting to see these approvals. Congrats to the approved and Good luck to the rest of us!
what about your 140 ???
no info ???

alex904 said:
Hey CAP,

We will be missing you here. Stop by sometimes and say hi and congrats. :)

Hi Alex,

Thanks. This forum is a beautiful platform to share thoughts and concerns of on this frustration journey. This forum has been given many of the virtual friends.

I know, we both are on same week of I-485 RD. Mine is Apr 10, 2006. I wish you will get approval soon.

One more thing, I never called TSC about my status. Always I agree with your comments that we should wait for our RD within their processing time. (Our earlier postings are saying same). I would like to suggest to those people who are unnecessarily getting tense with just two months of filing, “Please don’t upset by over thinking, just wait for processing dates and PD current.” All we will be in the same boat soon.

Alex: I guess now it almost time for you to call TSC about your status.

All the best

I saw couple of EB2 approvals today for India at Vermont center also. My case was processed by TSC but later moved to an office at VSC. Good to see a couple of approvals one each at TSC and VSC, whose receipt dates are after mine.

My receipt number still starts with SRC but the decision will be made by an office in Vermont.

Congrats to all those who have received their approvals lately.
I needed to clarify my PD- is it my I-140 RD (5/6) or my I-485 RD??
Also, I was just on immigrationwatch.com and was wondering how reliable that site is? How do they manage to get all those case # being touched/processed on a daily basis?
Thanks!

kst1 said:
Also, I was just on immigrationwatch.com and was wondering how reliable that site is? How do they manage to get all those case # being touched/processed on a daily basis?
Thanks!
its your 485 RD, so you have to wait for some more time

kst1 said:
Thanks!

Hi Kst1,

Your PD is I-140 RD. (5/6)

EB1 folks will get I-140 RD as PD. To make sure your self, please check your I-140 approval, there PD will be listed.

Reference:

Look under Employment based in the below URL:

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/immigrant-visa-number.html

Thanks

Thanks! You were right- I checked my I-140 approval and it listed my PD as 5/4. Well, if the name check thing goes smoothly, then maybe some good news in the next couple of month???

sbs said:
I just can't express what a big relief i am going through as i am typing this....
We got the I485 approved as of this morning... I got the Case status email on all three of our cases(self, spouse and son) and it says on Nov, 02 2006, this I485 case has been approved and an approval notice has been mailed.

What a great way to start the day when i saw this email when i got to work this morning!!!!!!

As you can see our priority date is 08-19-2002, and the VISA availability date for EB2 India for Nov-06 is Jan-2003. I saw one LUD yesterday 11-01-2006 on all our cases, this morning another LUD with 11-02-2006 and when i looked at the details, the case has been approved.

THERE IS NO WORD TO EXPRESS WHAT A STRESS WE HAD TO GO THROUGH TO GET THIS FAR, BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE GOT THROUGH ALL THOSE WITHOUT ALL THE INFORMATION, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGING WORDS FROM ALL OF YOU HERE IN THIS FORUM.

ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL, WHICH COMES FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

I PRAY FOR ALL THE REST OF MY FELLOW FRIENDS HERE TO GET THROUGH THIS "SAGA" WITH LESS ROAD BLOCKS.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

I was thinking of asking you this morning about your status. Anyway, congratulations to everybody who got their 485 today. Hope rest of the month will go like this.

Wifes 485..

Fellows

I just realized that they didnt approve my wife's 485. Anybody in a similar situation. What could be the reason behind not approving my wifes application along with mine.

to Answer some of the questions asked earlier..

No I didnt call TSC for name check.

My 485 RD is May 3.

Thanks

Congrats

Congrats to those that got the approvals today. It is indeed encouraging to see some EB2-India approvals after the lull over the last few months. LCHopeful, looks like we're
in the same boat with 12/02 PDs. Pl. keep me posted on your namecheck enquiry status.

Good Luck ...

LCHopeful said:

I think its not uncommon for spouse approvals to be out-of-sync with primary' s approvals. I remember seeing some posts earlier in this thread with the same situation.

laborpain01 said:
Fellows

I just realized that they didnt approve my wife's 485. Anybody in a similar situation. What could be the reason behind not approving my wifes application along with mine.

to Answer some of the questions asked earlier..

No I didnt call TSC for name check.

My 485 RD is May 3.

Thanks

Thanks ZZZZZ

zzzz4zzzz said:
if you did FP code 3, then you no need to go for stamping, you'll get mail saying that they ordered cards for your family
if you didnt do FP code 3 then you have to go for stamping

Thanks zzzz

Thanks SK

sk0902 said:
I was thinking of asking you this morning about your status. Anyway, congratulations to everybody who got their 485 today. Hope rest of the month will go like this.

Thanks SK