TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Waiting...

This entire process is very exhausting....the never ending waiting game...

I wish they could at least hurry up with processing of these cases, and let people know that things are okay and approved. So be it that no visa may be available at this time. But at least knowing that the application is approved would give peace of mind; I would not mind having to wait for a visa to be available if I just could see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Just frustrated....

They transfer mine & spouse 485 today ? to NSC. I dont know why. But below is the message on both applications.
I think my case is isolated as we had our first 485 still pending at NSC since Nov 2003 requires 5 years time completetion commitemnt to be adjudicated.

On August 11, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

Please read the LUD on our 485 from TSC & advice us as I am very unfortunate in immigration matter. Any one experience is appreciated.
We are in Indiana a jurisdictation of NSC, our first 140/485 filed in 2003 as EB2 self petetion for physicians 5 year service in underserve area, cannot get adjudicated till Nov 2008.
I also maintained a valid H1B throughout, & since RIR was dead at BEC dallas, tried PERM got approved in 4 weeks, filed employer based 140/485 at NSC went to TSC( receipts are SRC) PERM 140 aprroved on 6/28/06. TSC was very fast & we had great hopes as we had very bad luck with NSC as our previous 140 with them took 2 years.
Now below is the message with LUD on my case yesterday & today.
what this online message exactly means there is no local office in Lincon NE, & we live in Indiana.
Also will they process upon recpiets as most of our previous file is still with them or they will issue a new # with LIN xxxcxxxx & push us all the way back
Please answer any or all of questions. I am worried about retrogression for EB2, currently for me it is worldwide.
Thanks a bunch.

Case Status
Receipt Number: SRC xxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On August 11, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LINCOLN, NE for processing. Our office in LINCOLN, NE will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office.

manishg_in said:
Good news for EB1 India.
Sept Visa Bulletin is out and EB1 for India is current.

Manishg_in,

Please don't get me wrong but if your PD is current and its been a month since your all security checks have been cleared then what is stoping USCIS from approving your I-485.

Thanks,
neargc

LUDs after FP - what to anticipate

Theoretically, LUD means the USCIS staff opened the file and worked with it. Now what can I expect from that for my case.

NOTE: I did not apply for EAD or AP. Just I-140 and I-485 at TSC.

With our I-485 files, both mine and spouse files have the same LUD dates. First LUD a day after FP (7/31). Second LUD 8 days after the FP (8/8). Nothing since then.

I guess the first LUD - USCIS received FP results from Dept of Homeland Security. What can I expect from the second (8/8) LUD - Name check cleared etc ? Friends, do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot !

Marriage after I485 Biometrics

My case is PERM EB2 concurrent to TSC.

What's the difference between EB2 concurrent/Worldwide and EB2 concurrent/Other by the way? Do we have to mention that exclusively in the application?

I just got I140 Approved and it's been 180 plus days from 1140/1485 RD/ND. I already have code 3 biometrics done for I485.

Can I marry now and add my wife to I485? How does it affect the processing time and other requirements?
I am planning to get married only on DECEMBER and my girlfriend is studying on F1 visa here in US. Do you think it's too late to wait till DECEMBER? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alien
I140 LUD: 3/1/2006
I485 Code 3 BIO: 4/30/2006, LUD: 4/30,5/22/2006
I140 RFE RECEIVED: 5/16/2006
I140 RFE RESPONDED: 7/12/2006
I140 AP: 8/10/2006

alien1372 said:
My case is PERM EB2 concurrent to TSC.
there's nothing concurrent with PERM. You must be confusing something.

What's the difference between EB2 concurrent/Worldwide and EB2 concurrent/Other by the way? Do we have to mention that exclusively in the application?
Your question is unclear and 'worldwide' and 'other' in this context are identical.

Can I marry now and add my wife to I485? How does it affect the processing time and other requirements?
I am planning to get married only on DECEMBER and my girlfriend is studying on F1 visa here in US. Do you think it's too late to wait till DECEMBER? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Consider yourself lucky that your I-485 hasn't been approved yet. If you want her to come under 'follow-to-join' privileges and not wait 5+ years for her GC get married ASAP. If you happen to get your I-485 approved before you are married, then 'too bad'.

Looking at your timeline - if your security check has cleared - since your I-140 was approved last week - you could get I-485 any day now. Therefore think about at least getting the marriage registered ASAP (and having the ceremony later). Again, this is personal and often cannot be arranged that quick.
I140 LUD: 3/1/2006
I485 Code 3 BIO: 4/30/2006, LUD: 4/30,5/22/2006
I140 RFE RECEIVED: 5/16/2006
I140 RFE RESPONDED: 7/12/2006
I140 AP: 8/10/2006

Biometrics

I have received my notice of receipt for I-485 last week. Typically, when do they send the fingerprint appointment info?

Also, many of you have posted here that you can find out when the name check and fingerprint check clears. Can you find this out just by checking the status of the case on USCIS web site? Or is there any other way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:
How soon to get AP?

My AP got approved on Aug. 9th per emails from USCIS (an apporval notice was mailed on Aug. 9th.). How soon can I received?

Thank you in advance.

Indianavictim said:
Also will they process upon recpiets as most of our previous file is still with them or they will issue a new # with LIN xxxcxxxx & push us all the way back

I think they will honor the original receipt date. You'll be able to see that on the notice from NSC. Hang in there and let us know of your progress!

Ap

Hope2006_all said:
My AP got approved on Aug. 9th per emails from USCIS (an apporval notice was mailed on Aug. 9th.). How soon can I received?

Thank you in advance.

AP documents will be sent to your lawyer office. Typically it tooks 3-7 days and it depends on how fast your lawyer will forward them (2 copies) to you.

Please update tracker

Labor - DC - RIR - EB2
PD Feb 1999 (Used old priority date)
Labor Approved: April 2006

I140/485/EAD/AP - TSC July 24 2006
EAD - recived card August 1 2006
I140 - Approved on August 14 2006
AP: ??
I - 485 TSC : ???
F/P - No news

Most likely you're getting approved or processed at least. Friend of mine received approval last week and his RD/ND dates are exactly one week befor yours. Mine case does not show any LUD's. Looks like I got stuck in NC which is not a bad thing since I need to win some time to file my spouse's 485 next week. :)

AP approved, finger printing done

Hello,
I just received an e-mail about the AP being approved, and I also had the fingerprinting done (code3). An LUD appeared for the I-485 the day after the fingerprinting. The only thing left now is waiting and waiting....
Could you please update the tracker with this info?
Thank you!

gc_2006 said:
there's nothing concurrent with PERM. You must be confusing something.

Your question is unclear and 'worldwide' and 'other' in this context are identical.

Consider yourself lucky that your I-485 hasn't been approved yet. If you want her to come under 'follow-to-join' privileges and not wait 5+ years for her GC get married ASAP. If you happen to get your I-485 approved before you are married, then 'too bad'.

Looking at your timeline - if your security check has cleared - since your I-140 was approved last week - you could get I-485 any day now. Therefore think about at least getting the marriage registered ASAP (and having the ceremony later). Again, this is personal and often cannot be arranged that quick.

Thank you gc_2006 for your suggestions. How do i register for the marriage by the way? How soon can I include wife after that? We are living in different cities now...does it really matter?

Alien