TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Quick question

I had recently gotten an RFE (for skin test) which I replied to. The message online changed to "request for response received.... you should get a decision within 60 days".

Now is this a standard response - or do they really provide a decision within 60 days.

Are u checking your LUDs correctly? Doesnt sound right...

Yes of course. I also called in August, the IO said everything looks fine and the only thing holding my case is a pending name check.

The only LUD I got on my I 140 was the approval notice last April.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-485 approved

My I-485 application got approved. Received the mail regarding the welcome notice today.

Good luck to those who are still waiting to be approved!

My I-485 application is cleared background check and waiting on IO for final review. How long does it take for this step?

Yes of course. I also called in August, the IO said everything looks fine and the only thing holding my case is a pending name check.

The only LUD I got on my I 140 was the approval notice last April.

Ive seen plenty of people get approved without LUDs, so who knows, there really isnt a system to all this madness.

Keep your hopes up.

EAD approved in 14 days.

Dear fellow long-time GC waiters,
I believe many of us want to know if our NC's are considered for processing at all or if a decision has been made to force people out by not processing their cases and not renewing their EADs at the same time, and this is how to reduce the backlog. I suggest that anyone who (himself or knows someone) had been stuck in the NC for, say, more than 24 months or so let the community kindly know if he/she have recently, say after September 1, been cleared and approved. So that the rest of us could get a clue on where is this situaton heading.

Many thanks in advance

My EAD got approved today. It had a receipt date 09/06. So they took less than 15 days to approve it.

485 is still stuck in Name Check since last 16 months.

Hope this will help for lot of guys to clearify their question about Name Check in EAD stage.

NC pending- MD:pD-10/02/2002.

Yesterday I called TSC and after waiting of 30 minutes the representative told 'My name check is still pending' and at this point there is noting they can do any thing about it. Then I asked are there any other ways to find any other checks that were completed so far? and the answered was 'No' and disconnected my call. I do not know how long this will take to clear.

PD: 10/02/2002
I-140 Approved - 09/20/2006
RD-485:07/25/2006
Finger Printing- August 15th 2006 (Tuesday)
FP- 08/15/2006
my 485 LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006, 03/21/2007,03/22/2007,03/24/2007,
05/29/2007. :)
my wife 485 LUD's: 08/18/2006, 12/27/2006.:D

In the same league

We are a group with 2002 PD EB2 and 2006 RD – but lost in the system. I called TSC and the IO refused to raise a service request telling that I can raise only one and I did that in Dec.2006. She said I cannot check my case anymore and my name check is pending! I contacted FBI and came to know that my name check was cleared long back. As per FBI, my name check was initiated the same day as my finger printing and was cleared within 48 hours. This matched with my FP dates and LUDs. After this there are no LUDs in my case till date. I contacted congress man and received a ‘thank you’ letter and nothing more. I went for an Infopass last November. The kind officer indicated that everything is fine in my case and I need to wait! I am still waiting! There is nothing much we can do. :mad:

PD 2002 RD 2006 sounds quite familiar

We are a group with 2002 PD EB2 and 2006 RD – but lost in the system. I called TSC and the IO refused to raise a service request telling that I can raise only one and I did that in Dec.2006. She said I cannot check my case anymore and my name check is pending! I contacted FBI and came to know that my name check was cleared long back. As per FBI, my name check was initiated the same day as my finger printing and was cleared within 48 hours. This matched with my FP dates and LUDs. After this there are no LUDs in my case till date. I contacted congress man and received a ‘thank you’ letter and nothing more. I went for an Infopass last November. The kind officer indicated that everything is fine in my case and I need to wait! I am still waiting! There is nothing much we can do. :mad:

PD 2002 RD 2006 sounds quite familiar. There are a bunch of Indians that i know belong to this category and all of them are stuck in name check ( no subtitute labor and all of them still sticking to the same job at same company )

It is relatively comforting.....

My EAD got approved today. It had a receipt date 09/06. So they took less than 15 days to approve it.

485 is still stuck in Name Check since last 16 months.

Hope this will help for lot of guys to clearify their question about Name Check in EAD stage.

I'd like to see more cases like yours. These stories will tell us that, at least, EAD is not associated with FBI NC......Y.E.T!

Same case here .. PD 2002 and RD 2006

GCSyndrome,

My case is pretty similar to yours. No LUDs except for a message which says we received your case on Nov 13, 2006. My details are below.

PD: Mar 2002, EB2
i-485 RD: Nov 13, 2006
EAD/AP approved - Dec 18, 2006
I-140 Approved - early 2007

I've been holding back from checking only because their processing dates never offically reached our receiopt date TILL NOW. Now TSC is showing that they are currently processing apps as of Dec 26, 2006. Maybe I'll wait a little while to see what's happening but I'll take a infopass or something soon.

Anybody with a PD 2002, EB2 and RD late 2006 who have LUDs on their case? Please enlighten us with the procedure to check LUDs if it is something other than checking with the case number on the website or looking for an email for them (if you've subscribed to their alerts). I have a feeling their data entry person went on a long leave somewhere around Nov 2006.

they just want to kill us.

Is there any NC hope from Washington DC rally happened on 09/18/2007?
USCIS gets real happy when FBI doesn't send status to them because they can chill more.

I just checked again ...

Guys,

I tried logging in again into my USCIS account to check status again. After some intense brain-racking to remember my password (one letter has to be uppercase!) and then trying to remember the answer for the security question (to change my password) I managed to go in. I saw my 3 apps (EAD, AP, 485) but I don't remember seeing this one before - OS155A (of course I haven't logged in after I first registered in Dec 2006). Can somebody explain what this is (I searched the forum for OS155A but no definite anwer). I got to know that this might be the welcome letter...? (I don't remember receiving any letter).

Now, if this is a welcome letter/notice then what is this approval business? If this is related to the green card then the date here cannot be right, as this is just one week after my receipt date and also I don't remember seeing any letter in my mailbox. It could be related to my EAD/AP or my I-140 but that would still be pretty fast approval. I would appreciate if somebody could shed light on this matter.

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 20, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

Moreover ...

Sorry to break this into two pieces but forgot to tell you all that my I-485 case status still shows "Case received and pending"

For me, 13 months with no LUD . How about that ?

Guys,

I tried logging in again into my USCIS account to check status again. After some intense brain-racking to remember my password (one letter has to be uppercase!) and then trying to remember the answer for the security question (to change my password) I managed to go in. I saw my 3 apps (EAD, AP, 485) but I don't remember seeing this one before - OS155A (of course I haven't logged in after I first registered in Dec 2006). Can somebody explain what this is (I searched the forum for OS155A but no definite anwer). I got to know that this might be the welcome letter...? (I don't remember receiving any letter).

Now, if this is a welcome letter/notice then what is this approval business? If this is related to the green card then the date here cannot be right, as this is just one week after my receipt date and also I don't remember seeing any letter in my mailbox. It could be related to my EAD/AP or my I-140 but that would still be pretty fast approval. I would appreciate if somebody could shed light on this matter.

Application Type: OS155A, IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 20, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

OK, I may have figured it out ...

This might just be a pretty negligent typo on their part. The receipt number for the OD155A is exactly the same as my I-485 except for one number in the beginning (I have 029 instead of 028). So I have a very strong feeling that this OS155A does not belong to me at all. It got into my portfolio because somebody linked this number to me.

Any suggestions on what I should do about this. I guess calling up USCIS is a good idea. Should I just use the customer service number given on the case status page?

GCSyndrome & msubbu,

My case is exact similar to yours. No LUDs except for a message which says we received your case on Nov 13, 2006. My details are below.

PD: Dec 2002, EB2
i-485 RD: Nov 13, 2006
EAD/AP approved - Dec 31, 2006 & august 15, 2007
I-140 Approved - mid 2006

I raised SR request on Jun 06 and got a letter from TSC said I am still out of current processing dates. I got my son code 1 finger printing done long back on 03-07 eventhough he is under age 14.

i have only 1 lud on 06-07 based on my SR raised otherwise it is still shows standard message like case received on 13th-06.

I don't support Immigration Voice effort

Is there any NC hope from Washington DC rally happened on 09/18/2007?
USCIS gets real happy when FBI doesn't send status to them because they can chill more.

I never supported IV because it does not server my issue. The main agenda of IV is restrograssion. They want to recapture the unused visas and make the restrogression go away. I have never seen them shouting about the DOL Back Log delay and FBI Name check delay. On IV website, they have a thread on FBI Name check that does not even move.

I strongly believe the main issue in I-485 stage in FBI Name check and we should put all our effort to streamline process for that.
In fact I like the restrogress as at least it server some justice to the 2001/2002 filers who originally got stuck in DOL BEC and now in FBI Black hole.

It could very well be a mistake by USCIS, but since only you are supposed to put in case numbers in your portforlio, not sure how somebody else's case gets in there. Also it appears to be a consular processing case.

This might just be a pretty negligent typo on their part. The receipt number for the OD155A is exactly the same as my I-485 except for one number in the beginning (I have 029 instead of 028). So I have a very strong feeling that this OS155A does not belong to me at all. It got into my portfolio because somebody linked this number to me.

Any suggestions on what I should do about this. I guess calling up USCIS is a good idea. Should I just use the customer service number given on the case status page?