TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Hi herenthere,

"NSEERs" brings back quite a few memories!!! :) I have quite a few stories to tell about my experiences with "NSEERs" and special registration experiences at airports, etc. :) I remember you and I had an a quick exchange in this forum about this topic http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1666277&postcount=4540

No question about it: our NSEERs status is playing a big role. All my petitions took unusually long time to adjudicate. I am just hoping that, after all the wait and all the letters I have sent to various places and after the letter I received from the FBI in July, I am hoping that things may be moving for my case.

I will let you know how the InfoPass appointment goes.

ok ... just to give everyone a break from the gloom of the namecheck discussion, here's a NSEERs story:

A few years back, I made my flight reservations to travel to Egypt for my wedding. I was to arrive in Egypt a couple of days before the wedding. As you can imagine, everything around the wedding calendar was carefully planned and fully booked.

So I packed my bags and checked-in at the airport. On my way to Egypt, I was to make a stop in Cincinnati aiprort and another stop in Europe. After a few hours, I arrived in Cincinnati. As a good NSEERs individual, as soon as I landed in Cincinnati airport, I looked for the information desk that can put me in touch with the immigration officer at the airport. The officer of course was to review my papers and stamp my passport with the NSEERs exit stamp.

Well, at the information desk, no one knew anything about that process and no one knew where to contact an immigration officer. It took me sometime to find out where that office was inside the airport. With my departing flight to Europe fast approaching, I started to hurry.

When I finally had a chance to speak to the officer, he told me that they do not process exiting NSEERs individuals in "Cincinnati International Airport"! They can only process arriving NSEERs passengers!!!!! :eek: After much careful reasoning with the officer, I found out that they truly cannot process my case at this airport!! The solution was to (A) flying out of Cincinnati and taking a risk on my future i-485 chances or (B) fly to another airport where they can process me out of the country! :eek:

So I scrambled to an emergency conference call with the company's law firm. The lawyer asked me for sometime to research the issue at her law firm. Then she called me back shortly after to let me know that she highly-recommends following option "B".

To keep the story short: I ended-up purchasing a premium ticket to New York (there were flight congestions and delays across the country that day). I flew to New York, purchased fresh clothes and toiletries at the airport, stayed at a hotel overnight, completed my NSEERs registration at the JFK airport the next morning, and flew to Europe 24 hours late. I made to Egypt just in time for my wedding! :D Of course I didn't get my luggage on time either!!

I have many more of those experiences, including a trip back from Egypt to the US that took 62 hours!! I will save these for a later time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes, the inconsistency and incompetence related to the NSEERs process. I truly believe this will be the downfall of my I-485 application. Those who didn't have to go through this process should really count themselves lucky...

Uh, wow

We just got an approval email for her. As I said in the linked post, she called TSC just TODAY, and the IO told her that it was not assigned to an officer, no visa number was allotted, but it should be on 10/1. So, I don't know, we don't believe it until we see the physical card, but if this is a real approval IO's apparently don't know what they are talking about.

I'll keep you guys posted.

That is freaking pathetic... even if I'm not from a NSEER country, the level of bureaucratic inefficiency of this country never ceases to amaze me already (though after 10+ years I'm used to it now). Now you have even another and huge source of headache... damn. I hope the day will come soon you don't have to worry about it anymore. Really.

ok ... just to give everyone a break from the gloom of the namecheck discussion, here's a NSEERs story:

A few years back, I made my flight reservations to travel to Egypt for my wedding. I was to arrive in Egypt a couple of days before the wedding. As you can imagine, everything around the wedding calendar was carefully planned and fully booked.

So I packed my bags and checked-in at the airport. On my way to Egypt, I was to make a stop in Cincinnati aiprort and another stop in Europe. After a few hours, I arrived in Cincinnati. As a good NSEERs individual, as soon as I landed in Cincinnati airport, I looked for the information desk that can put me in touch with the immigration officer at the airport. The officer of course was to review my papers and stamp my passport with the NSEERs exit stamp.

Well, at the information desk, no one knew anything about that process and no one knew where to contact an immigration officer. It took me sometime to find out where that office was inside the airport. With my departing flight to Europe fast approaching, I started to hurry.

When I finally had a chance to speak to the officer, he told me that they do not process exiting NSEERs individuals in "Cincinnati International Airport"! They can only process arriving NSEERs passengers!!!!! :eek: After much careful reasoning with the officer, I found out that they truly cannot process my case at this airport!! The solution was to (A) flying out of Cincinnati and taking a risk on my future i-485 chances or (B) fly to another airport where they can process me out of the country! :eek:

So I scrambled to an emergency conference call with the company's law firm. The lawyer asked me for sometime to research the issue at her law firm. Then she called me back shortly after to let me know that she highly-recommends following option "B".

To keep the story short: I ended-up purchasing a premium ticket to New York (there were flight congestions and delays across the country that day). I flew to New York, purchased fresh clothes and toiletries at the airport, stayed at a hotel overnight, completed my NSEERs registration at the JFK airport the next morning, and flew to Europe 24 hours late. I made to Egypt just in time for my wedding! :D Of course I didn't get my luggage on time either!!

I have many more of those experiences, including a trip back from Egypt to the US that took 62 hours!! I will save these for a later time :)

Hi schehrazi, everyone,

(1) My namecheck has been pending with the FBI since February 3, 2006:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1727995&postcount=5354

(2) During that time (since January 2006 RD), the i-140, EAD1, EAD2, and AP1 have been approved for me and my wife. But my AP2 has been pending for 182 days!!! I have opened a service request with USCIS in early August and received a few LUDs on AP2 in August. But the LUDs stopped 10 days ago.

Do you infer anything from this information? It seems highly unusual to me for AP2 to be pending for 182 days, with a number of LUDs, and even with a service request.

I finally decided to go to InfoPass for my i-485 and AP2. I have an appointment in a week. Any advice on what I should ask the Officer at InfoPass?? :confused:

Many thanks.

Hi, sorry for my late reply, I have an approaching deadline and I don't check this thread often during the day.

A friend of mine had the same problem. Her second AP did not approve on time, in fact, it took six month to approve! During that six month, she had a family emergency for which she had to leave the US. She took an info pass an explained the situation to the immigration officer. They issued an AP for her right there! Some other people posted the same experience on this forum. My friend never used the AP which was issued during the InfoPass but her original AP was approved after about six month. (This happend in southern calif.)

If you have to travel on emergency, explain it to the officer, he/she might help you with an AP.

Suggestion

Hi Gurus,
I am working for Company A and Company is processing my GC. I got my EAD through company B and it has been more than 6 months since I applied for 485 through company B. Now can I use AC21 and change to another company?

Magic Mail from USCIS

Dear Forum Members,

I have been waiting for this day all along and have been checking the case status online often, to my surprise I got the 'Magic Mail ' stating --Card production ordered . I hope USCIS is processing all the available cases quiet fast ,I have heared from one of my friend who had the same mail a day back. I wish all the members who have been waiting and having issues be cleared at the earliest, once again wishing you all success.

My case details:
PD Dec 2004
2 EAD's
Filed in Vermont and case transffered to Texas.
485 RD SEP 2005.

Thanks,
KannanGuru.

Congrats !

Dear Forum Members,

I have been waiting for this day all along and have been checking the case status online often, to my surprise I got the 'Magic Mail ' stating --Card production ordered . I hope USCIS is processing all the available cases quiet fast ,I have heared from one of my friend who had the same mail a day back. I wish all the members who have been waiting and having issues be cleared at the earliest, once again wishing you all success.

My case details:
PD Dec 2004
Applied for 2 EAD's
Filed in Vermont and case transffered to Texas.
485 RD SEP 2005.

Thanks,
KannanGuru.

When did your namechecks clear ? PD of 2004 and 485 filed in 2005.
I guess you are not from screwed up california

had finger print today. I-485 LUD's were updated tonight.
waiting...

PD: Mar/2004, EB2, california
I-140: approved in Mar/2007
EAD: approved and got the cards
AP: approved and got the papers

In case it is real.....

Congrats! I will pray for its being real.....:) You also had better call TSC again or go to infopass to confirm.....
We just got an approval email for her. As I said in the linked post, she called TSC just TODAY, and the IO told her that it was not assigned to an officer, no visa number was allotted, but it should be on 10/1. So, I don't know, we don't believe it until we see the physical card, but if this is a real approval IO's apparently don't know what they are talking about.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks mitra.

You also had better call TSC again or go to infopass to confirm.....

In that case, different IOs would say different things, I'm sure... :p

Thanks much. We'll wait for the rest of the emails & her card. Hope you'll hear good news soon.

Joint LUDs in a row

In that case, different IOs would say different things, I'm sure... :p

Thanks much. We'll wait for the rest of the emails & her card. Hope you'll hear good news soon.

Hi geofu54/Mitra
I am amazed to see that priority date of 7/10/06 application is getting approval. Probably you are not from India or China.
I am seeing a joint LUDs for me and my wife in a row. Does any body has any idea on this! Please see my signature. Can you please comment!

I140 Substitution

I have AOS filed on an approved I140 (EB2, PD: Oct/2006). I have another LC Subtituted 140 (EB2, PD: 02/2002) pending at NSC since Jan/2007, that may be approved soon. What is the process of replacing the new PD I140 to old PD I140 for the applied AOS (I485) applications? What form # etc. is needed?

Thanks in Advance.

Hopefully a good news for you?

I remember many people seeing those consecutive LUDs before their approvals. Hopefully a good news for you by tomorrow........? :D

Hi geofu54/Mitra
I am amazed to see that priority date of 7/10/06 application is getting approval. Probably you are not from India or China.
I am seeing a joint LUDs for me and my wife in a row. Does any body has any idea on this! Please see my signature. Can you please comment!

Yes, I'm from a ROW country.

In our case (mine and my wife's), we really didn't have LUD's, but that seems to be a minority. Recently so many people got consecutive LUD's before their approvals, so I would take them as a good sign. Hopefully you will hear good news pretty soon. Wish you the very best.

Hi geofu54/Mitra

Unbeleavable

I remember many people seeing those consecutive LUDs before their approvals. Hopefully a good news for you by tomorrow........? :D

Mitra,
i.e. some thing unbeleavable for me. Currently I am in a scenario that I will be the happiest man if my name check is cleared.
It will be more than a dream for me if what you said is true. If I google my name, I can find one million hits!

Mitra,
i.e. some thing unbeleavable for me. Currently I am in a scenario that I will be the happiest man if my name check is cleared.
It will be more than a dream for me if what you said is true. If I google my name, I can find one million hits!

Did you write to anybody to get namecheck expedited ?

Waiting for undelivered mails

Did you write to anybody to get namecheck expedited ?

Hi Gc_Mania,
No, I did not write to any body so far for my name check clear. I did not even take Info Pass appointment so far due to the following reasons.
1) I am waiting for a receipt of EB3 to EB2 transfer application which is I-824. USCIS probably received on 07/01/2007. I am saying based on my attorney feedback.

2) Recently I had Mail Undelivered messages two times. This is happened only for my case and not for my wife. Please see my signature. I wrote a letter to USCIS requesting to resend the mails which I have not received so far.

I am giving some recent happenings in my case.

May-01-2007 Moved to a new house
May-05-2007 FP done for me and my wife
May-05-2007 Address updated online for all the family members.
May-17-2007 email received from USCIS stating mail undelivered only for my case
May-17-2007 called USCIS promptly like a good boy and gave the information
June-07-2007 email received once again from USCIS as stated above only for my case
June-07-2007 called USCIS promptly like a good boy and gave the information
July-17-2007 Wrote a letter to USCIS requesting to re send the undelivered mails.
July-18-2007 received a letter from USCIS with the following information
Aug-20-2007 LUD changed for my 485 as well as my wife
Aug-21-2007 LUD changed for my 485 as well as my wife

I did not write to any body so far to avoid any confusion in my case at this stage. I will definitely appreciate any feedback on this.