TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

anyone really knows about this in USCIS
may be that's why our cases are not yet with adjudicators
name check pending sucks man..

So it seems one group of IOs don't perform any processing of the application until the FBI namecheck comes back clear. So, no question of pre-adjudication. In this case some people get RFE after pending for 2 years etc. While some other IOs complete the pre-approval and just wait for background clearance. How these theories hold ?

EAD and Name check

If your name check is pending,Does that mean that they will not issue a renewal on EAD..Mine is pending for 60 days at TSC

Hi bingbang 2001

Congratulations cdian.
Did you ever check your namecheck status and if yes do you know approximately when it got cleared ?

Thanks.

Hi hello bingbang friend

thanks a lot u r info...
I will follow up this one... let's see
I will praying everyday...

thanks

Not likely.....

It doesn't seem to be like that. EADs are approved regardless of this FBI namecheck. See my signature.......I'm one of them. It's just that EAD processings are delayed recently by flood of applications to TSC. My renewal EAD application also took almost 2 months to be approved (last time it took just a few weeks).

If your name check is pending,Does that mean that they will not issue a renewal on EAD..Mine is pending for 60 days at TSC

I don't get it. After August 17th, the VB is supposed to revert to U for all categories. Then why are people with labor filing dates well into 2007 still getting their I-485s approved? It's like USCIS is now stopped following DOS visa bulletins as well. It's amazing how unfair this situation is. For the past 8 weeks, 100s of people who applied in 2007 have had their processes completed, while those of us from 2006 still languish in the background. I'm happy for those who are getting approved, but the unfairness of this whole process is really beginning to get to me, someone who can't even my I-140 approved after 10 months! :mad:

They got visa numbers assigned in July as they had cleared namecheck.

For rest of us it is a climb of Mount Doom.

I don't get it. After August 17th, the VB is supposed to revert to U for all categories. Then why are people with labor filing dates well into 2007 still getting their I-485s approved? It's like USCIS is now stopped following DOS visa bulletins as well. It's amazing how unfair this situation is. For the past 8 weeks, 100s of people who applied in 2007 have had their processes completed, while those of us from 2006 still languish in the background. I'm happy for those who are getting approved, but the unfairness of this whole process is really beginning to get to me, someone who can't even my I-140 approved after 10 months! :mad:

Namecheck.
2007 filers get approved because their namecheck is complete and USCIS doesn't want to get the visa numbers wasted ( and get flamed by USCIS Ombudsman for that ).

Don't worry, the name check has no effect on EAD renewal. I have got several EADs while my NC is pending, which situation, as it appears, may last for many years

Yeah, that makes me feel furious. IIRC your NC is cleared, right? (although they said something like USCIS check (?)). My spouse's security check was cleared last October. WTF?

Yeah, that makes me feel furious. IIRC your NC is cleared, right? (although they said something like USCIS check (?)). My spouse's security check was cleared last October. WTF?

same for my case, mine is pending from last aug 2006 and my wife NC is clear last year itself

what a shame ...fbi..uscis
what a bad luck to us

Namecheck.
2007 filers get approved because their namecheck is complete and USCIS doesn't want to get the visa numbers wasted ( and get flamed by USCIS Ombudsman for that ).

The bottleneck for approving 485 applications is namecheck not the actual processing of the application. USCIS issues greencard to anybody whose namecheck is passed. That's why some get apprved in less than a month and some have to wait for years.

Sorry folks, I was just venting. I've been told several times that my namecheck is cleared, but there are other security checks taking place on my application. My I-140 has now officially completed its 10 month of being in process, while every other person I know had theirs done with within 2-4 months of applying. It's just infuriating to see application after application get approved while others get left behind.

Sorry folks, I was just venting. I've been told several times that my namecheck is cleared, but there are other security checks taking place on my application. My I-140 has now officially completed its 10 month of being in process, while every other person I know had theirs done with within 2-4 months of applying. It's just infuriating to see application after application get approved while others get left behind.

i can feel your pain man,
many people got approvals but only ours is left behind
i dont know why the hell FBI is taking this much time for my 2nd namecheck
1st one is cleared in 14 months, they re-initiated in aug 2006

GC journey really sucks man
so many people are getting their approvals,i am happy for them but at the same time i am pissed about myself becoz my NC pending

screw FBI and uscis

The bottleneck for approving 485 applications is namecheck not the actual processing of the application. USCIS issues greencard to anybody whose namecheck is passed. That's why some get apprved in less than a month and some have to wait for years.

Hi schehrazi, everyone,

(1) My namecheck has been pending with the FBI since February 3, 2006:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1727995&postcount=5354

(2) During that time (since January 2006 RD), the i-140, EAD1, EAD2, and AP1 have been approved for me and my wife. But my AP2 has been pending for 182 days!!! I have opened a service request with USCIS in early August and received a few LUDs on AP2 in August. But the LUDs stopped 10 days ago.

Do you infer anything from this information? It seems highly unusual to me for AP2 to be pending for 182 days, with a number of LUDs, and even with a service request.

I finally decided to go to InfoPass for my i-485 and AP2. I have an appointment in a week. Any advice on what I should ask the Officer at InfoPass?? :confused:

Many thanks.

This seems like a widespread disease.

Very few primary applicants in the window May-August '06 seem to have cleared by FBI. I have seen only "immidude" as primary applicant (may be mistaken about user id) whose name check was initiated in July and got cleared in 12 months.

May be BEC's cleared a lot of labors and as these name check landed up at FBI they just don't have the resources to process. Someone at NSC forum had posted that FBI has "x" number of people assigned per region. Now this would clearly explain why India/China would suffer as a large amount applications from these countries would result in a wider amount of "manual" review and they just do not have enough people assigned to do these reviews.

There is not much to hope unless USCIS starts pounding FBI to get the name check returned based on PD. The pressure of unused visa numbers and increasing backlog may have done that but now they have allowed the recent floodgates of 485 filings and have a much wider pool to approve from. Just hope that by some magic our name check gets through and when next round of lottery happens in June/July 2008 we could finally get a chance to be out of this self imposed jail.

same for my case, mine is pending from last aug 2006 and my wife NC is clear last year itself

what a shame ...fbi..uscis
what a bad luck to us

They removed WOM also orelse i could have use that path
i paid so much money to these uscis people(H1,4 eads,4 aps,485) and still they dont want to approve my case..really sucks man

Hi schehrazi, everyone,

(1) My namecheck has been pending with the FBI since February 3, 2006:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1727995&postcount=5354

(2) During that time (since January 2006 RD), the i-140, EAD1, EAD2, and AP1 have been approved for me and my wife. But my AP2 has been pending for 182 days!!! I have opened a service request with USCIS in early August and received a few LUDs on AP2 in August. But the LUDs stopped 10 days ago.

Do you infer anything from this information? It seems highly unusual to me for AP2 to be pending for 182 days, with a number of LUDs, and even with a service request.

I finally decided to go to InfoPass for my i-485 and AP2. I have an appointment in a week. Any advice on what I should ask the Officer at InfoPass?? :confused:

Many thanks.

My suspicion regarding your case is that they are putting your application through one of their special "administrative checks" because you are from a special registration country. Both my AP and EAD took a long time to get processed, and as mentioned, my I-140 is yet to be approved and I believe the primary reason for this is because I am a NSEERs registrant. I believe several other NSEERs members have had similar issues, including antonioa who used to visit these forums but got his GC approved earlier in the year (lucky him as he escaped this recent mess of activity). The infopass should help answer some questions since 6 months is an unusually long time, even by NSEERs standards (I'm hoping I don't have the same fate when I apply for my AP renewal). I would also write to your congressmen to get them to place an inquiry.

My suspicion regarding your case is that they are putting your application through one of their special "administrative checks" because you are from a special registration country. Both my AP and EAD took a long time to get processed, and as mentioned, my I-140 is yet to be approved and I believe the primary reason for this is because I am a NSEERs registrant. I believe several other NSEERs members have had similar issues, including antonioa who used to visit these forums but got his GC approved earlier in the year (lucky him as he escaped this recent mess of activity). The infopass should help answer some questions since 6 months is an unusually long time, even by NSEERs standards (I'm hoping I don't have the same fate when I apply for my AP renewal). I would also write to your congressmen to get them to place an inquiry.

Hi herenthere,

"NSEERs" brings back quite a few memories!!! :) I have quite a few stories to tell about my experiences with "NSEERs" and special registration experiences at airports, etc. :) I remember you and I had an a quick exchange in this forum about this topic http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1666277&postcount=4540

No question about it: our NSEERs status is playing a big role. All my petitions took unusually long time to adjudicate. I am just hoping that, after all the wait and all the letters I have sent to various places and after the letter I received from the FBI in July, I am hoping that things may be moving for my case.

I will let you know how the InfoPass appointment goes.