TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Hi everyone,

What do you think of the following?

(1) My name has been stuck with the FBI since February 2006. Here is the latest result:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1727995&postcount=5354

(2) My 2nd EAD was approved in early May 2007.

(3) However, my 2nd Advance Parole has been pending for 5.5 months. I recently initiated a service request for the AP. Shortly after, I found LUD changes on my i-140, my approved 2006 AP, and my pending 2007 AP. The LUDs stopped 10 days ago and the AP continues to be in pending status.

Any meaning to this scenario?? :confused:

I would appreciate any feedback.

Hi,

I know somebody whose case is exactly like yours. She needed to travel urgently due to a family loss so she took an infopass and talked to an officer there. To my surprise, they issued an AP for her right in the same place she went for infopass. If you need to travel urgently, give it a try. Her AP was pending for about five month when this happend.

Is that all they have to say after the long procrastination?? And of course there is NO rule you have to wait for a year. Your senator is only better than the one who says you have to wait at least for two years (which I read somewhere in the forums and I was furious about).

Anyway, if you think of making an infopass app, why not. It may not work well, but you never know until you try. Also, I agree with GYC. People are writing to those people regarding NC, but you can write regarding CIS processing (i.e., your case has been held for inexplicable reasons).

Thank you.

The only reason I am hesitant about making an infopass appointment is that they will probably tell me there is no visa number available and I have to wait. Also the processing date is two month before sept, now. My RD is in sept.

Hi everyone,

What do you think of the following?

(1) My name has been stuck with the FBI since February 2006. Here is the latest result:

(2) My 2nd EAD was approved in early May 2007.

(3) However, my 2nd Advance Parole has been pending for 5.5 months. I recently initiated a service request for the AP. Shortly after, I found LUD changes on my i-140, my approved 2006 AP, and my pending 2007 AP. The LUDs stopped 10 days ago and the AP continues to be in pending status.

Any meaning to this scenario?? :confused:

I would appreciate any feedback.

I hope you get through soon.
Touching old stuff is agood sign and my guess is that they put aside those 2006EB2 (mostly) fileers for some action based on each case situation.
As my RD is very close to you, just wondering that you got 2nd FP or not. I have not got anything yet.

I have a feeling we hear good news from you soon

infopass question

Hi Friends,

my PD is may 2003. 3 weeks back I called USCIS.. and they started service request on my case.
This friday I have infopass appointment.
Is it okay if have SR in process bellow 45 days. Can I take infopass?
Also what all documents I should take for infopass..
please help.
Thanks in advance,
vllrp

Hi Friends,

my PD is may 2003. 3 weeks back I called USCIS.. and they started service request on my case.
This friday I have infopass appointment.
Is it okay if have SR in process bellow 45 days. Can I take infopass?
Also what all documents I should take for infopass..
please help.
Thanks in advance,
vllrp

Just be honest, tell them this is taking too long and you are anxious to resolve this and get on with your life. They are human beings too, they should understand.

LUD activity any indication of imminent action?

My 485 has only been pending since the end of June, but already there have been multiple LUDs (see signature) Does that mean anything? I just had my FP date yesterday...

Lud on 7/28

My approved I-140/AP got a LUD on July 28 (last Sat.) as well. I wonder how many people got LUD on that day? Everyone? or the applicants filed I-485 around June, July last year?

i also got the same response from FBI last week
i sent mail to FL in April 2007 and it went to FBI may be
i got my approved 140/ap in 2006 got lud chaged on 7/28

today i spoke to TSC IO, she told me my namecheck is clear, i asked her twice about it and she told me that my namecheck is clear
and also one more thing, she told me whoever had namecheck initiated twice, if anyone of their namecheck is clear, they'll process to the adjudicating officer

rightnow they dont have visa numbers available it seems
she told me that in Oct you may get positive news

dont know about her, becoz i spoke to TSC IO many ytimes and everyone said that my namecheck is pending

My approved I-140/AP got a LUD on July 28 (last Sat.) as well. I wonder how many people got LUD on that day? Everyone? or the applicants filed I-485 around June, July last year?

yesterday when i spoke to TSC IO, she told me my namecheck is clear
i called again todat to confirm, another TSC IO told me that i am still stuck in namecheck

dont know what's going on

really depressed..frustrated...

This is their strategy to discourage calls to IOs

i called again todat to confirm, another TSC IO told me that i am still stuck in namecheck

I hope you get through soon.
Touching old stuff is agood sign and my guess is that they put aside those 2006EB2 (mostly) fileers for some action based on each case situation.
As my RD is very close to you, just wondering that you got 2nd FP or not. I have not got anything yet.

I have a feeling we hear good news from you soon

Hi Vahid2,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I have not received a second FP (FP-2) request yet. I have been checking on my i-485 for the past year and I have been told every time that my case is pending in namecheck. I am hoping that my namecheck clears soon after having received the letter from the FBI a month ago. :confused:

Do I have to wait for FP-2 or should I schedule an InfoPass appointment and submit my fingerprints proactively??? What is allowed? :confused:

Here's the full summary of my green card case:

i-485 (self / primary) - namecheck pending since Feb. 3, 2006
i-140 - approved in August 2006
EADs 1 and 2 (self) - approved
AP 1 (self) - approved
AP 2 (self) - pending for 5.5 months so far

i-485 (spouse) - namecheck cleared but awaiting the adjudication of my i-485
EADs 1 and 2 (spouse) - approved
APs 1 and 2 (spouse) - approved

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I know somebody whose case is exactly like yours. She needed to travel urgently due to a family loss so she took an infopass and talked to an officer there. To my surprise, they issued an AP for her right in the same place she went for infopass. If you need to travel urgently, give it a try. Her AP was pending for about five month when this happend.

Thanks Schehrazi,

I am not too concerned about my AP2 right now. I am more concerned about the namecheck issue. The namecheck has been pending with the FBI for 19 months! Like everyone in this forum, we have many life and career decisions in a holding pattern because of the i-485.

Can I go ahead a proactively submit my 2nd fingerprints through infopass or should I wait for the request from USCIS?? :confused:

Thanks Schehrazi,

I am not too concerned about my AP2 right now. I am more concerned about the namecheck issue. The namecheck has been pending with the FBI for 19 months! Like everyone in this forum, we have many life and career decisions in a holding pattern because of the i-485.

Can I go ahead a proactively submit my 2nd fingerprints through infopass or should I wait for the request from USCIS?? :confused:

I think (but I am not sure) I read on this forum or somewhere else that somebody took an infopass and the officer issued a second finger print for him since the system did not issue one for him automatically.

Why don't you inquire about your case thru infopass, this way, you can also ask about the finger print thing.

strange thing..I noticed LUD on my 485 after I spoke to an IO today

any thoughts???
mine is stuck in namecheck as per today IO

Ap

Hi,

You are correct...I had similar situation and my lawyer sent AP to TSC..dump..I took info pass submitted document and got the AP second day.

same here, They told me 3 times on phone that my name check/background check is clear (3 times in one year), and then I get a letter in June that it is stuck up in Background check.

Now I will believe them only when the card shows up - until then X my fingers

Guys,
Is any of you currently using EAD to work? I am changing employer soon but moving my H1B will cost me over $5000. Should I change my immigration status or just pay the mony and wait for my 1485 to get approved?

I do use EAD as my company's policy (read saving money) was not to renew H1 when an empoyee has EAD.

Generally it is safer to have cover H1B as on rejection of 485 your status is immediatley ( and some say from the date you left H1B umbrella) illegal.

It's up to you about the level of safety you want. I had no choice about that and in retrospect I think it is useless to feed USCIS even more money as my personal decision is to quit US if 485 is denied.

So think over and decide how much safety you want and how dear is staying in U.S for you.

Guys,
Is any of you currently using EAD to work? I am changing employer soon but moving my H1B will cost me over $5000. Should I change my immigration status or just pay the mony and wait for my 1485 to get approved?

I do use EAD as my company's policy (read saving money) was not to renew H1 when an empoyee has EAD.

Generally it is safer to have cover H1B as on rejection of 485 your status is immediatley ( and some say from the date you left H1B umbrella) illegal.

It's up to you about the level of safety you want. I had no choice about that and in retrospect I think it is useless to feed USCIS even more money as my personal decision is to quit US if 485 is denied.

So think over and decide how much safety you want and how dear is staying in U.S for you.

I agree with Bigbang

today i got my 2nd EAD approval email and 485 lud
i think they dont want to approve my 485 that's why they approved my EAD renewal

anyway thanks for your words

zzzz4zzzz,

I think, you are lucky guy. Atleast you got a LUD on your I-485.May be your card is on your way.

I didn't get any update at all. Please let me know if you come to know anything.